~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

my last day of work should be july 1st if all goes well. i'll have about 3 weeks off before baby comes if she doesnt come early!! i'm just hoping i can survive until then!! i'm so uncomfortable and this support band isn't helping much

3 weeks of work left- then off for the summer (I'm a teacher!) can't come too soon!!!

motherearth23 - just keep in mind which of those foods are big no-nos for pregnancy, like any liver! :) Another good thing to remember is that calcium blocks the absorption of iron.. so even if your cereal has iron in it.. if you're pouring milk all over that sucker it's not going to do you much good. One of the reasons your prenatal will have EITHER a lot of calcium or iron, but not high amounts of both.

Sue - it's definitely the phone. The button is just to easy to accidentally tap!

caro103
- ooh congrats on the last day! Hope the LO feels much better soon so you can feel proper celebratory. :)

JJsmom - they must be worried about the blood pressure. My weekly checks don't start until 36 weeks.

Good news!! Got my results back from the hematologist on Monday. My platelets are back up to 122!! (they'd gone all the way down to 96 which excludes me from having an epidural.) I know they only live about 10 days or so, so this isn't the end of it. I have to stay on top of things for the rest of the pregnancy, but honestly I think all the vitamins, spinach, citrus and berries I've been consuming over the past week or so have actually helped! So excited that I can have some control over it, even though the doctor told me there was nothing I could do. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "pray?" I'll definitely pray but I'm sure the spinach won't hurt. lol

motherearth23 - just keep in mind which of those foods are big no-nos for pregnancy, like any liver! :) Another good thing to remember is that calcium blocks the absorption of iron.. so even if your cereal has iron in it.. if you're pouring milk all over that sucker it's not going to do you much good. One of the reasons your prenatal will have EITHER a lot of calcium or iron, but not high amounts of both.

Sue - it's definitely the phone. The button is just to easy to accidentally tap!

caro103
- ooh congrats on the last day! Hope the LO feels much better soon so you can feel proper celebratory. :)

JJsmom - they must be worried about the blood pressure. My weekly checks don't start until 36 weeks.

Good news!! Got my results back from the hematologist on Monday. My platelets are back up to 122!! (they'd gone all the way down to 96 which excludes me from having an epidural.) I know they only live about 10 days or so, so this isn't the end of it. I have to stay on top of things for the rest of the pregnancy, but honestly I think all the vitamins, spinach, citrus and berries I've been consuming over the past week or so have actually helped! So excited that I can have some control over it, even though the doctor told me there was nothing I could do. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "pray?" I'll definitely pray but I'm sure the spinach won't hurt. lol

Ask about prednisone. My good friend had to take it for 3 weeks prior to giving birth to her son about 11 weeks ago and it raised her platelets high enough to have an epidural. I posted about it in response to your post but you may have not seen it. I'm surprised your dr told you there was nothing they could do. Especially since according to her dr, they typically try the steroid route with patients who have low platelets. Just keep up the good work and pray it keeps working.

Hope everyone is doing good. I have to share this with you what some woman said to me Sunday!

We were on the way to watch a football match at wembley stadium so everyone was drinking apart from me and oh. This woman and her partner sat by me, my oh was at the back of bus chatting.

Now she is normally okish I don't know her too well and she started off with " what on earth has happened" pointing at her and my belly. I laughed that off. She already knew I was pregnant. Fast forward 10 mins and more alchol for her, and I am minding my own business. She says" your having a girl are you" I said "no it's a boy" she said "are you sure " I said "yes, three scans confirmed, plus got photos of bits if you want to see" she said " well I am surprised, boys are normally nice and neat, girls mess up your body and you put on weight everywhere. You know all over your hips, arse, stomach, face , everywhere" I sat there thinking my god your rude! But ignored, she them proceeded with"are you sure that's a boy?!" I said " yes, I will show you scan photo" showed her the scan photo of bits, she just had a confused look on her face saying " I can't make anything out" I thought then she is drunk I will just show her a 4d face photo. So got a pic up, she went " oh my god! What an ugly baby!" I said " thanks, that's really nice!" I put away phone, and turned away to read. She sat there saying " it was an ugly picture, (just remembered this bit!), it does look like you, same eyes and nose"

What a rude cow!

I told oh, he was livid!!

I told him to leave it till she is sober and her oh.

She did attempt to sit by us again but oh told her to get lost. This woman is in her mid 40's so should know better!

OMG panda....that's way more than rude :shock:, surprised you didn't hit her!

yay becca, glad your platelets came back up!

i've dug out all my old baby clothes today and put them in a heap by the washing machine (its on atm), so aim is to actually get those washed :D

Sorry you had to deal with that panda...that is awful! Some people are more rude than I thought.

I was quite shocked tbh, we will be having words next time we see her. But then I don't know whether she deserves any of my time.

Oh my gosh panda that's awful!

Yay to due date buddy! I so know I will be induced tho guarantee everyone will go earlier than me :haha:

My 32 week appointment is on Monday need to find someone to watch the kids tho as can be a nightmare at hosp let's hope she's gone head down was breech at last appt.

I'm absolutely knackered today been up since about 5.30am so hot last night and couldn't get back to sleep. Went to mother and toddlers then played out in the garden with the kids.

I've been on maternity since beginning of April but flys by as have 3 kids already. I just fill it up with housework, mother and toddlers and walks going to the park etc

Xxx

I think nesting has started :) I swept the kitchen, swept the garage, washed my car (which wasn't very easy and my back was killing me afterward), I still have to clean the kitchen but gotta take hubby lunch first! :)

junemomma09 - Thanks! They did mention steroids... but he said he would only go done that route if they were 50 or lower. He'd prefer I just had a natural birth.

pandaspot - oh my, drunk with no filter!!! It's so annoying that some people just use the excuse of drinking to be rude. See, personally... ultrasound pics freak me out. I even thought my own gorgeous one looked a bit freaky in her scans, but that doesn't mean I'd ever say it to someone else!! Sorry you had to endure such a waste of human space.

had my 32 wk today, scheduled what could be my last ob appt as I'll be nearly 36wks at my next and i delivered my last in the 37th week! assuming they dont freak out about me delivering early, that is! im officially stresses beyond belief with the thought of not only delivering without my husband, but without my kids as well. they can come as soon as shes born but wont allow before hand...just in case something goes wrong, nice of them to decide for you what is appropriate for your own chikdren *sarcasm* oh how i wish i could do homebirth!! *sigh*

im also forseeing issues with my mil...not looking forward to that, but its to be expected, shes been awful every time weve had a,baby.
i had mentioned bows before, here they are...she is shipping them today, im pretty excited!
https://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/jbdclmom/photo_zps1fe9a0f9.jpg

panda, that girl sounds like a troll, holy cow!! i cant believe someone would say all that, drunk or not.

panda omg that is horrendous what that woman said! I can't believe anybody could be that level of rude!

33 weeks today (pic is from yesterday)

395627_332819406844894_439154923_n.jpg

i cant believe someone said that to you panda i would be so mad!!!

i also think ultrasound pics look kinda freaky i would never tell anyone their baby looks ugly because i dont think you can really tell but thats me personally! even if a baby is ugly thats when you keep your mouth shut i cant believe people!!!

panda, that's absolutely horrid!! She needs to learn to keep her mouth shut drunk or not!

alice, love the bump!!!

oneandtwo, beautiful bows!

junemomma, I sure hope that nesting kicks in soon for me!!! with my wedding coming up I am sure family will be stopping by my house so I HAVE to get it spotless!! LOL! glad you got a lot done!! Hopefully not much left and you'll not have to worry about it anymore!

Thanks JJ!! Though I overdid it a bit, I'm gonna have to do smaller things spread out through the day, which is hard because once I get started I don't like to stop because I just see something else that needs cleaning or organized.

Alice what a cute bump!!

I have my maternity photo session next week on the 18th!! I'm so excited!! We'be never been able to do them in the past so I'm really excited about doing them. :)

Panda - ewwww that woman is horrid! Sorry you had to hear that garbage :hugs:

Vankiwi - :wave: From you're name I'm guessing you are in Vancity? I moved from Van about four years ago and now live on a remote island north of Nanaimo and north of Quadra Island. We have no roads or stores (or even ppl really :haha: ) so we will be moving to Sechelt in June for the summer and baby :happydance: I can't wait!

I am jealous of early mat leave ladies! I would love to go now. My work is heating up now (running a resort) and there is so much work. I could work 80hrs a week and still have more to do! But I'm taking it slow and trying not to go over 40hrs/week. We'll see how that turns out next week when 50+ guests show up :dohh:
I'll be taking leave about 3w before DD and I'm pumped! We'll be moving to be around my family and it's going to be wonderful <3 This baby seriously has good timing :thumbup:

Floating - yep I'm in Burnaby! Lived here for coming up 4 years, originally from New Zealand. Ive only been to Vancouver Island and Salt Spring! We've always talked about going to the Sunshine Coast but haven't made it yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->