~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I have been so busy lately, but I have been keeping up with posts...

MissFox, I'm so sorry for what you are going through! I honestly can't imagine ever having to go through that sort of pain, :hugs: to you! I hope everything works out. Meanwhile, I hope you are able to relax and keep your stress levels down, I know that can't be easy right now but we are all here for you!

Oh no Miss Fox what a shock for you! I swear men want to be batchelors and have their cake and eat it too...sigh...I really hope you guys can talk through some of the issues for the sake of your marriage and the kids. I am not sure if you have access to a DVD player but there is a fun counselling type of marriage series...its called laugh your way to a better marriage...not sure of the cost etc but will try and find a link. Perhaps you could find some useful resources through a local church or library or even on ebay?
https://www.laughyourway.com/about/mark-gungor/
As if pregnancy isn't emotional enough eh?
Not long now ladies and we will be holding our precious bundles and watching them grow before our eyes. DD keeps asking for baby to come out and play. I am sure it will be a huge adjustment as she is so use to getting ALL the attention.
DH bought an electric blanket throw rug cause it has been so cold. I can hardly wait to use it while breast feeding...should keep me and baby nice and snug.
I dug out the slow cooker today to make a casserole. I really should use it more often it's so much easier than slaving away in the kitchen when DD is underfoot.

this thread has been getting busy!!

as for the birth plan i didn't have one last time and dont really plan on having one this time. i dont think it would benefit me much as we dont have as many options in the hospital as you ladies in the UK do

i havent noticed any colostrum yet, my boobs havent been sore or huge or anything yet its kinda strange because they got huge with my daughter!!!

missfox sorry to hear about your hubby hopefully you guys get through this or at least figure things out before the new baby arrives..maybe hes just getting nervous at the idea of having another baby...we're all here for you though!!!

Missfox so sorry Hun :hugs:

Oneandtwo I've been having the period cramping too. And loads more Braxton hicks (nothing regular or to many in an hour) midwife said it was totally normal at this stage and that she wouldn't be surprised if I was having a contraction or two every hour.

Me too... occasionally get the period pain at night...during the day I don't really notice. Boobs not as sore today thank GOD. This morning I asked DH if he would mind taking the stroller out the back of the car before he took it to work and I went out earlier to take DH out for a walk and couldn't find the stroller...it's still in the back of the car! Not sure who has the baby brain me or him! LOL!

:hugs: to you Foxy. What a hard thing to have on your plate right now :cry: I'm so sorry and I hope you and hubby can find your love and common ground again <3

I have a super specific packing list for my hospital bag, but haven't put anything together yet... And a somewhat organized birth plan that is basically checkboxes of what I do and do not want. Anyone else thinking of lotus birth/delayed cord clamping (like half hour to an hour?).

As for colostrum, I've had it for a couple weeks now. It's clear when it comes out, but dries yellow. I was really put off by it when it first happened actually. I'm a first timer, and although I plan to breastfeed it was just weird seeing stuff ooze from my nipple. In the past, this would have been a sign of something gone terribly wrong lol.

Does anyone else not have a nursery/second bedroom?? I have my basinette and car seat ordered, but honestly have nothing else. My family is throwing me a baby shower to help me out, and that's on June 8th. But besides some clothes, a baby carrier, and a little bouncer chair I have nothing yet! Hopefully when we become home owners someday I can have fun decorating a child's bedroom. But for now we are renters and have to leave the walls alone.

So nothing to worry about having orange colostrum? :shrug: I've only ever heard it's clear and sticky or yellow... maybe I'll let doc know :)

We don't have a second bedroom - we don't even have a place for baby to sleep yet! We want to get a bassinet, but not a frilly one, something more clean cut that can be picked up by on handle, not wicker or anything. We did get a carseat and inlaws bought us a stroller... other than that we don't have much! Some clothes and diapers I got at swaps... hopefully my child isn't planning an early arrival :dohh:

Went for a hike this evening and now I'm achin! Which would be fine if I didn't have this brutal acid food in my throat I could lay down and rest...gah!!!

Missfox-I'm so sorry that you're going through that, especially right now during your pregnancy. I hope everything works out for you guys and he's just being a stupid male. How awful to hear that from your husband though. Xxx hugs xxX

MissFox I'm so sorry :(

motherearth - We only live in a 3 bedroomed house. DH and I have bedroom 1, DS1 and DS2 have bedroom 2, and DD has bedroom 3.
So yeah, we're short on the bedrooms ourselves lol.
Baby will be in with us for at least a year, maybe up to a year and a half, we'll see.

Sending you lots of hugs, MissFox!! :hugs: I hope that this is a momentary pregnancy-freak out by OH...and that whatever the outcome is, that it is the best possible one for you and your girls/:hugs::hugs::hugs:

This is photo of how we spend out evenings......meant to be slightly comical though a completely accurate window into what we've done every night for the past 5 1/2 weeks....visit our son and stare at his monitor. This pic was taken in his new home, though....he just graduated from Intensive Care to Intermediate Care in the NICU. One step closer to coming home!!! We still have at least 2-3 weeks more, by our estimate. But Connor has just started breast and bottle feeding, and is a champion at that! Once he can take all his own feeds orally for 3 days, he will get his feeding tube removed.

Attachments

• niculounge1-740x493.jpg
    niculounge1-740x493.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 21
Thank you everyone. I am having a hard time functioning but it was brought to my attention last night that two weeks ago DH mentioned he was weaning himself off his bipolar meds because he had started work and said he felt like his brain was working so he probably didn't need them anymore. And I noticed that he hadn't been getting to sleep easily (which is when these things come up... but they're usually not sit down calm type talks, they're huge blow ups). my daughter wanted to call him last night and then she asked that i talk to him. It was really hard. I don't want to right now. I want to shut down and protect myself. He told me he loved me and it just makes it hurt more.

Myra that is great!!! I'm so happy that everything is going well with Connor!

it really could be the fact thT he went off his meds,, and has little to do with your relationship. is he unwilling to start his meds?? bipolar disorder doesnt just go away. im sure his uos and downs will show that hes only wanting space when hes at a,low....im really sorry missfox. sounds like a big mess and your husband is being rather selfish and irresponsible with his mental health...sorry if that was offensive :/

yea it really could be. i need to wait to talk to him when i can leave DD with a friend or something. i'm having a hard time after i talk to him. I cry every time. i don't have anything to say o him because i don' feel like he wants to hear anything. i feel like he is still saying I love you at the end of a call because I know he loves me but at the same time it seems like he just feels like he needs to say it. it hurts me too much to say it because i do love him and i don't want to say it to protect myself. i just want to go back to bed.

MissFox, :hugs: ! I hope that you are able to talk to him soon and get things sorted.

Myra, I'm so glad to hear that Connor is doing well! Such a strong little man :D

I have not yet packed a hospital bag but it has been on the agenda for this weekend for some time now. I received a checklist from our insurance in the mail recently so that is helpful.

I am definitely getting more stretch marks! I've had them on my boobs for a couple of months now. My butt and thighs have light ones too. My hips are the worst but it is where I had ones from puberty so they are much darker. None on the belly yet but I'm sure those are on the way lol!

I had NO IDEA how much colostrum I would produce. Mine is clear/milky/yellowish in color. I have to wear breast pads when I go out. Luckily I was home, but I had an "accident" when I was about 32 weeks...I was sitting in a T-shirt (no bra) and next thing I know my shirt is soaked! I mean it had just poured out, I had to go clean up and change shirts. I want to breastfeed so I guess I should get used to it :haha:

:hugs: to you Foxy. What a hard thing to have on your plate right now :cry: I'm so sorry and I hope you and hubby can find your love and common ground again <3

I have a super specific packing list for my hospital bag, but haven't put anything together yet... And a somewhat organized birth plan that is basically checkboxes of what I do and do not want. Anyone else thinking of lotus birth/delayed cord clamping (like half hour to an hour?).

As for colostrum, I've had it for a couple weeks now. It's clear when it comes out, but dries yellow. I was really put off by it when it first happened actually. I'm a first timer, and although I plan to breastfeed it was just weird seeing stuff ooze from my nipple. In the past, this would have been a sign of something gone terribly wrong lol.

Does anyone else not have a nursery/second bedroom?? I have my basinette and car seat ordered, but honestly have nothing else. My family is throwing me a baby shower to help me out, and that's on June 8th. But besides some clothes, a baby carrier, and a little bouncer chair I have nothing yet! Hopefully when we become home owners someday I can have fun decorating a child's bedroom. But for now we are renters and have to leave the walls alone.

So nothing to worry about having orange colostrum? :shrug: I've only ever heard it's clear and sticky or yellow... maybe I'll let doc know :)

We don't have a second bedroom - we don't even have a place for baby to sleep yet! We want to get a bassinet, but not a frilly one, something more clean cut that can be picked up by on handle, not wicker or anything. We did get a carseat and inlaws bought us a stroller... other than that we don't have much! Some clothes and diapers I got at swaps... hopefully my child isn't planning an early arrival :dohh:

Went for a hike this evening and now I'm achin! Which would be fine if I didn't have this brutal acid food in my throat I could lay down and rest...gah!!!

https://www.target.com/p/arm-s-reach-natural-original-co-sleeper-bassinet-natural/-/A-534673

^^ This is the one we got. Very simple, neutral color, no frills/lace, and it can be used up to 30 lbs as a basinette, then it converts into a regular play yard with mesh sides for up to 50 lbs. I am really excited to have it. It also collapses and packs away into a bag so we can take it overnight if we visit family.

Really not sure about the orange colostrum. It sounds pretty though :) Haha. Mine isn't really yellow, it's more clear/white. I bet every is different, but I'm sure if you mention it to your doc they will tell you if it's normal or not. :)

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/breakthenight/IMG_3233_zpsa32afbc3.jpg

Slightly late on the 8 month(32 week) picture. This is 32+3. I feel absolutely HUGE now and I can't imagine me and baby boy have 2 more months of growing left.

Once again in the interests of full disclosure, this is the only picture of many my husband took that I feel comfortable sharing. I have SO many stretch marks now, and I think I rival a beached whale when it comes to general circumference. Loving growing my little man though! <3

LOVELY bump counting.......here is my 34 weeker!!

https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/sue_881/54B5DD6D-3088-451A-9B26-FD0E1647B6D6-3667-00000A8175B88787_zps80b103a5.jpg

hello Ladies i have been slack again :blush:

Miss fox I am sorry for what you are going through x

Lovely bump pictures people x

Lovely bump pics everyone x

I have had a few drops of colostrum but it seems to be quite light. I haven't started getting a hospital bag together yet and probably should start soon!

Myra - So pleased to hear Connor is doing so well. Hope he continues to improve x x x

Miss fox - I am so sorry to hear about your problems with your husband. Hope you are able to resolve them x x:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->