~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

holy crap my back is killing me tonight. i made about 9 dozen lactation cookies for a friend, shipping them out tomorrow. I'd never had them before, they are actually quite good!

im hlad im not the only one with the crap contractions, i know babies are suppose to decrease their movements now but this LO hasnt at all. hurts so bad, she jams a body part into my hip/pelvis and i have to physically move her, the pain is awful when she does it!

2 c flour
1&1/2 C brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 C oats (get thick cut if possible)
2 tbsp flax seed meal (mix with 4 tbsp water and set aside)
1 C butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (or orange extract depending on what flavor you want)
2-4 tbsp of brewers yeast (the more you put in the stronger the lactation boost BUT if you only need a minor boost you can put a tsp in)
chocolate chips
almonds

i stir up the flour, oats, brewers yeast, salt, baking soda, then i cream together the butter and sugar, then add the eggs and vanilla mix til smooth, add flax mixture then i add in the flour mixture. then add in the goodies. today i did raisins and almonds, chocolate chips, then raisins coconut and almonds :) you can pretty mivh add in whatever ypu like in oatmeal. i think they'd be good with some cinnamon too.

Little dude is all over the place this morning! It's getting quite uncomfortable now.

Dopey question: what are lactation cookies? :shrug: the recipe sounds really nice! I'm particularly liking the sound of chocolate chips :haha: hehe.

Who else in the UK is loving this gorgeous weather?!! Long may it continue.

Congrats on the arrival of Ethan!!! How exciting!!! Hope he gets to go home soon :)

Anyone else have morning sickness return? I've been waking up nauseas again and got sick this morning. It seems if I don't want to throw up, I need to have something on my stomach.

Me June!

Been sick twice in the last couple of weeks, MW said completely normal for the dreaded MS to return!

eugh :hugs: for the return of ms, sooo not nice!

Just had the health visitor out for new baby, she's 100% nicer and more with it than the dinosaur I had with DS :haha:

Flaked on the sofa now, managed to get the lounge cleaned today and just about paint my toe nails (man that was a challenge!!), then had friend over for a cuppa, just about done in now :rofl:

This is the first pregnancy where my MS has returned at the end. :( my other two it went away and never had it again. I did however throw up while in labor with both of my other children. I'm hopeful that won't happen this time.

Has anyone ever have had low amniotic fluid? Mine is at 6.8

Sue - lactation cookies help with milk supply. Things like oats are great for supply. Fenugreek too.

Its so hot here sue! I have been out in the garden with my new book! Entwined with you. Bit rude but I love the series

What is the 6.8 in reference too? Is that in centimetres, of the largest pool?

I have been told 'normal' fluid should be where the largest pool is between 3-8cm. My private scan showed largest pool was 6cm deep.

:shrug:

What is the 6.8 in reference too? Is that in centimetres, of the largest pool?

I have been told 'normal' fluid should be we're the largest pool is between 3-8cm.

:shrug:

6.8 refers to the total amount. I read online that the norm is 14 at this point.

yup, lactation cookies help build supply. ive,never,tried them so cant confirm their effectiveness but my friend nearly paid $1 a cookie for them. insane, i made them for about $3-4 a batch.

i keep getting intermittent nausea! never had it with my boys this late in pregnancy, rather annoying!

tonya not sure what normal is hun, how comes they even checked it? i'd have zero idea what my levels were now, not had a scan since 20wks :), hope everything is ok though! x

I had low amniotic fluid with my last pregnancy. Mine was 5 at 30 weeks and was suppose to be between like 8-20. I was in the hospital for a week getting constant IV fluids to increase the levels which worked because by the time I was discharged they increased to 12. I got daily ultrasounds and monitoring to ensure my son was ok because I was high risk for cord entanglement.

I had a scan yesterday which showed the low levels. I work at a hospital so I went to triage and they are going to do a NST for the baby

Tonya I have no idea! LOL the last scan I had was the 20wk one.
Thanks for the recipe...will have to give it a whirl!
DD has been super clingy today...cuddles are nice but seriously I got other stuff to do today. I am going to my next physio appointment. It could not come sooner as I ca barely walk this morning! Have no idea how really overweight women get by...I can really empathize with them while I am pregnant and feeling so fat. Can this baby just make an entrance already?
Was going to take Libby to playgroup this morning but I feel so tired and the drive takes me about 20mins and not sure if I can find the energy!

Hope everyone is doing well. Having a very emotional day today for no particular reason, I suppose just the hormones. I keep bursting into tears/ nearly bursting into tears the moment I think about meeting my son, finally getting to meet him and see what he looks like. I probably look like a wreck to everyone! It's also getting worse as I start to get his nursery area set up. Looking at his tiny clothes and blankets makes me get all teary too. Not sure how I am going to be able to wait another 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->