~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I forgot to say my student midwife has been away as her mother is in hospital about 3 hours away...She hopes to be back by my 38wk appointment but I am a little worried as if I go early I would still like her to be present at the birth...was really the only constant person I though I had to rely on for support at the birth and now I am concerned that she may not even make it...not sure...just hope all works out I guess is all I can do.

Hey ladies I have a question, I was obviously checked yesterday at the dr office which is how I knew I was dilating, but my question is, I started bleeding yesterday evening, not a lot but more than spotting. It stopped last night. I just chalked it up to being checked. But this morning after going to the bathroom there was more red blood, more like spotting. Would I still be bleeding from being checked?

hmm I reckon that's a question to ask your Dr hun. Sure its prob from being checked but best to be safe than sorry xxx

I called and left a message for the nurse. For some reason they have their phone lines switched as if the office is closed. They are suppose to be open today as its only Friday. But I'm still waiting on a call from the on call nurse. I called over an hour ago.

June, it is probably from being checked but I definitely would want to hear that from the Dr! I hope they call you back soon. For now I'd probably make sure you are resting and see if that helps in the meantime.

Evening all, hope you are all well.

Well, that was my last Friday at work so not much longer before I go on leave! Just 3 more days of work to go. Shame today had to be so dramatic. Had a bit of set too with the neighbours over our building works so got to work a bit late. Just as I got in, the fire alarm went so it was straight back out again.

junemomma09 - wow 2 weeks, thats such a short time! Hope all goes well for you & Emma. Not sure about the spotting, sounds like it would be best to give your docs a call. Hopefully its just due to the check up. Hope you hear back soon.

Aaisire - Sorry to hear about the engineer problems, hope they are all sorted & you are doing well. Glad to hear you have been able to stay out of hospital.

libbysmum - good to hear things are coming together. Fingers crossed your student midwife can make it to the birth.

Thanks everyone, I called them back because I hadn't heard anything. Apparently they were in a meeting, weird to do during business hours. Anyway, she said since it wasnt a large amount of blood and Emma is still active she's not too concerned at this point. The bleeding seems to have subsided again. I was only concerned because it was yesterday afternoon that I was checked and the bleeding stopped last night then started again this morning. But Emma has been active most of the day so I'm not too concerned ATM. I had a lot of bleeding throughout my last pregnancy with a partial spontaneous placenta abruption, so bleeding while pregnant freaks me out now.

Thanks everyone, I called them back because I hadn't heard anything. Apparently they were in a meeting, weird to do during business hours. Anyway, she said since it wasnt a large amount of blood and Emma is still active she's not too concerned at this point. The bleeding seems to have subsided again. I was only concerned because it was yesterday afternoon that I was checked and the bleeding stopped last night then started again this morning. But Emma has been active most of the day so I'm not too concerned ATM. I had a lot of bleeding throughout my last pregnancy with a partial spontaneous placenta abruption, so bleeding while pregnant freaks me out now.

I can certainly understand why you would be worried. Great to hear that its nothing to worry about. Hope you & Emma continue to do well x x

Anyone else finding it hard to breath lately?

I have another cold so am stuffed up as well but even before that I found myself getting way short of breath. I remember it happening with my dd but man it still takes me by surprise when all I do is walk to the bathroom and I feel winded :haha:

I don't really find it hard to breath per se however I do on occasion need to take a really deep breath to fill my lungs then let it out or I feel like I'm breathing too shallow!

But I've got a big chunky head in my right lung!!! :haha:

I'm also short of breath!!! It was driving me crazy yesterday as I felt I couldn't take a real good breath even just sitting at my desk at work. We don't have much longer ladies and we'll be able to breathe right again as soon as we have our little ones in our arms!!

i dont get the short of breath feeling, happy for that!

doc helped map out baby's body yesterday, lil miss likes to shove her FOOT into my hip and push off of it. she started doing it while i was being measured and she was checking for heart tones and the doc was SO grossed out, she was like oh my god i dont know how you handle that. thats intense, you can literally see her body parts through your skin! called her a Tasmanian devil lol

she says shes measuring on the,big side, so shes guessing she'll be heavier than my boys were! had cervical change she said easily a 2 maybe a,bit more. she says that with the,true contractions im having, mixed with the IU contractions that things could chsnge quickly. she thinks since my IU contractions have such length and intensity that they could actually throw me into active labor, so we'll see. full term monday!

oh,!! and i gained 3 lbs this week, so the zantac twice a day is working to bring back my appetite :)

oh yea!! AND she said since,my last baby was sunny side up his length of labor(19hrs) "doesnt count" she thinks I'll have a fast labor like with my second (6hrs) heres, hoping!!

I am dying here!!!! It's so HOT outside! DH and I went to the store to get stuff for lunch and I was sanding in front of the open freezers to cool off I was so hot :-/ anyone else getting to that point. I live in Florida so the heat has definitely hit. Its 88 degrees out right now and normally I have hot flashes and I'm hot anyway but good god! Whoever thought it was neat to have a summer baby was seriously delusional!

heh heh its suppose to be 111 here today! pretgy stoked a about, i think yesterdaywas the first triple.digit day, its been in the 90's most days for a while now :)

88 seems so mild...then again we dont have humidity!!

Yes the humidity is what makes it worse...if it were in the 100's I wouldn't even step foot outside! Lol

i loved Florida humidity but i was not there during the summer! we lived in the desert before here it was between 110-120 everyday, i haven't quite adjusted to this "cooler" weather! i like the heat...not so much pregnant, i swell up as soon as i step outside!

I live in Florida too! It's so hot and humid outside its ridiculous. High of 90 something today. This big pregnant girl is staying in the ac :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->