~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

breadsticks--what about flip flops? i haven't worn shoes in months cause of how uncomfortable they are. i havr no reason to wear anything but flip flops though, do you stay home?

im going to go get a birthing ball today, see if that helps with the pelvic pain its getting so hard to get up and walk around. hoping the ball helps!

I do wear flip flops at home but I have very flat feet to begin with so they don't give enough support for all day wear. At work I can wear tennis shoes so it's not as bad as the ladies who have to wear dressier shoes! It is mostly my toes, they swell so much and get very uncomfortable throughout the day.

The exercise ball really helps me! When I sit on it I feel instant relief in my low back and hips. I hope it works just as well for you!

Anyone else have a coming home outfit for their LO? I found one I LOVE for Emma but we're completely tapped out now :( I did however get my mom and dad to agree to buying Emma's baby memory book as I couldn't afford to buy one. Which I'm so thankful for because I'm so big on memories and pictures. Now if I can just figure out how we can afford her hospital photos. I can't just not get them. I've gotten them with my other two kids and I'm a sap when it comes to pictures. A moment in time that's captured and you can't recreate. So stressful!

Little man arrived at 2am this morning after 24 mins of pushing! 8lbs exact! He is so perfect, and we're already home! Begged them to let me out this evening, even though they wanted me to stay tonight. But I just couldn't wait to get home! I absolutely HATE hospitals, and it was really stuffy. I'm uploading pics to photobucket now, and i'll hopefully get around to posting my birth story tomorrow or Tuesday.

massive congrats july!! 8lbs at not quite 37wks :shock:, good job he came a tad early!! enjoy every minute hun xxx

Wowee what a weight for 3 weeks early!

Huge congrats !!!! :) xx

June, we just have a few onesies to pick from in newborn and 0-3 month size...we haven't officially decided on which one she'll come home in yet though! Nothing fancy or anything. I have not looked into the cost of the hospital pictures yet. I do need to get a baby memory book! I was thinking about that this morning actually.

July, congratulations! :happydance: I bet your little man is just so sweet! Definitely looking forward to pictures :)

wahey july I'm so happy for you! congratulations! and what a weight for not even 37 weeks, my goodness! x

june - we've literally ONLY got white vests and sleepsuits, (plus a hat and some scratch mitts) and nothing else clothes-wise for the baby.
I think we could do with buying a light jacket, but other than that we're not buying a special coming home outfit or anything like that.

I, too, need to buy a memory book actually.

Still to buy :

snacks/drinks for hospital
memory book
nursing bras
camcorder tapes
magazines / puzzle book

think that's it really.

As for hospital pics, yeah they're expensive I know. We bought them for DD and DS2, but the photographer didn't come round when I had DS1 which was disappointing.

Congrats July!!! That's so exciting!!! I bet you're in heaven with your little one in your arms :)

Breadsticks-yeah I'm going to have to pick something out of what we have already. I could always use the same outfit my DD10 came home in. Can't believe it's still in such good shape after 10 years!

Congratulations July!! :happydance:
Cant wait to see pictures of your little guy!

I've just picked onesies (baby grow sleepers) for baby after birth either at home or hosp.

She won't be wearing much other than colourful sleepers as I want her to be comfy and not awkwardly dressed in proper clothes too soon

congrats july!!! how wonderful! can't wait to see pics.

LO's homecoming outfit is just a onesie, ive got two different ones in there. and a bow that has a picture of her daddy on it.

the ball definitely is making my back feel more loose almost, not nearly so knottes feeling. hoping the pelvic pain is,next, is there such thing as sitting on it too much?!

congrats July! what a great weight.

We have a few outfits that I might take to hospital, but they are just vest, trousers and hat from H and M, he will be mainly in sleep suits as I think outfits are far to fiddly at the beginning x

[/ATTACH]
Loving the new avatar Myra!!!! Gorgeous! :flower:

Thanks! Connor had his oxygen and feeding tubes removed on Friday. It's the first time since he was born that we've seen his face without tubes and tape attached. I can't stop staring at him. :) He's a champ at breast feeding, and he's almost doubled his birthweight: 6lbs 10oz now. The older her gets (8 1/2 weeks old), the harder it is to leave him every day at the hospital. He's getting more interactive and aware of when OH and I are here. I wish I had a date of when he was going to be released, but its still too soon to know....He has really bad reflux, which is causing him to have spells where his oxygen and heart rates drop dangerously low. He has to go 5 days without a spell before he can come home, and I think we're still a ways from that.

Attachments

• photo-23.jpg
    photo-23.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 6
Initially I wasn't going to share any pics on the main forum... but one won't hurt! So here we go, meet Raffy!

[URL=https://s1367.photobucket.com/user/lawsonellie2013/media/RaffertyCameronVaughan2_zps2caeb7f1-1_zps49da8bfe.jpg.html]https://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r799/lawsonellie2013/RaffertyCameronVaughan2_zps2caeb7f1-1_zps49da8bfe.jpg[/URL]

Oh, and we didn't get anything special for going home in. Just a basic blue and green onesie!

[/ATTACH]
Loving the new avatar Myra!!!! Gorgeous! :flower:

Thanks! Connor had his oxygen and feeding tubes removed on Friday. It's the first time since he was born that we've seen his face without tubes and tape attached. I can't stop staring at him. :) He's a champ at breast feeding, and he's almost doubled his birthweight: 6lbs 10oz now. The older her gets (8 1/2 weeks old), the harder it is to leave him every day at the hospital. He's getting more interactive and aware of when OH and I are here. I wish I had a date of when he was going to be released, but its still too soon to know....He has really bad reflux, which is causing him to have spells where his oxygen and heart rates drop dangerously low. He has to go 5 days without a spell before he can come home, and I think we're still a ways from that.

Oh just look at that cheeky little face!!! He's so sweet.

He sounds like he is just doing wonderful on the whole, I really hope the reflux settles soon enough so you can take your little man home.

I imagine it's been the most difficult long weeks of your life but you'll get there :flower: there's light at the end! You're doing great & have done from the start xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->