~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

[/ATTACH]
Loving the new avatar Myra!!!! Gorgeous! :flower:

Thanks! Connor had his oxygen and feeding tubes removed on Friday. It's the first time since he was born that we've seen his face without tubes and tape attached. I can't stop staring at him. :) He's a champ at breast feeding, and he's almost doubled his birthweight: 6lbs 10oz now. The older her gets (8 1/2 weeks old), the harder it is to leave him every day at the hospital. He's getting more interactive and aware of when OH and I are here. I wish I had a date of when he was going to be released, but its still too soon to know....He has really bad reflux, which is causing him to have spells where his oxygen and heart rates drop dangerously low. He has to go 5 days without a spell before he can come home, and I think we're still a ways from that.

Oh my goodness! Will you look at that smile!

Regarding shoes i wear flip flops every where because my feet have been swelling bad..i think if i had shoes with better support it wouldn't be so bad but i cant see buying a pair of shoes right now and if my foot changes sizes after she's here then its kind of pointless!!

I've heard awesome things about birthing balls as well, however, i am not the most coordinated individual and i cannot balance on those things not pregnant! i think it would be dangerous to try to sit on one now :haha:

July, congrats on your LO!! Raffy is beautiful!! where did you live how you got to go home so quick?!? i'm jealous with my daughter i went into labor monday night but since i had her at 1:56 am on tuesday i didn't get released until friday morning and that was a vaginal birth!! they said if i would've had her at 11:59 i couldve gone home thursday which still seemed like a long time...i'm not sure how the hospital here does it i think its 2 nights for vaginal and 3 nights for csection

All being well under my counties NHS trust, we get booted out after 6-12 hours! Usually 6!

C section usually 2 nights.

Congrats July...he looks so sweet and handsome. Well done on his delivery...I would love to have such a quick birth story!
Oneandtwo...I love my ball...mines not a real birth ball it is a yoga/fit ball. But yes it really helps with the positioning of baby and I find it super comfortable to sit on. Getting off the thing I always have to re-adjust my balance a bit like coming off a jumping castle...feels a bit unbalanced for a few seconds. I found my butt cheeks got real tight from sitting on it for a long time but soon recovered!
Myra what a beautiful little boy! Love his smile! He sure is getting bigger! Am glad that he doesn't need the oxygen any more that is so nice that he can be tube free~ Go Connor you little champ!

We've now had 3 baby boys........who will be the first baby girl to join the group?!

:dance:

Aww Myra look at his precious smile!

July he is adorable and look at all that hair!

Sue I wouldn't mind my little girl making her appearance after Tuesday I'm sure several of us feel that way though :haha:

Oh my goodness, I know I'm pregnant and hormonal but Raffy and Connor are just so precious, brought tears to my eyes! I am so happy that Connor is making such amazing progress and that Raffy is home already and well :) Such handsome little guys!

The nurse recommended having something to hold onto nearby when on the birthing ball. I do pretty well with balancing but getting on and off it is difficult sometimes. It is amazing though, isn't it? Feels so nice :)

I had a strange trip to Target! We went to get buns as we were going to cook out tonight but it started raining. We decided to go anyway and get something else for dinner and I had some things to return. Well, I'm fine, walking along enjoying myself when all the sudden the room is spinning and I feel like I'm going to pass out. I hold on to my husband and let him know how I was feeling. So he walks more slowly with me and we head over to the registers and I break out in a horrid sweat and shakes. No idea what the heck was going on. I am home now and sitting, I still feel out of it but the shakes and sweating has gone away. I have food and a huge glass of water so hopefully it takes care of it. Aisling is fine, kicking like normal lol.

July, congrats on your LO!! Raffy is beautiful!! where did you live how you got to go home so quick?!? i'm jealous with my daughter i went into labor monday night but since i had her at 1:56 am on tuesday i didn't get released until friday morning and that was a vaginal birth!! they said if i would've had her at 11:59 i couldve gone home thursday which still seemed like a long time...i'm not sure how the hospital here does it i think its 2 nights for vaginal and 3 nights for csection

Here they'll let you go 6 hours after an uncomplicated vaginal delivery like mine. They wanted me to stay until morning, him being my first and all. But I really couldn't!

And thank you everyone! I'm very proud of my little prince! Can't believe he's finally here! :cloud9:

Breadsticks I get that feeling when my sugar suddenly drops. Usually it's just an indicator for me that I need to eat. I had it in my first pregnancy too. Hope that's all it is for you and you are feeling better

Suggestion on the foot swelling front. Sometimes I wear flip-flops because my feet swell so much and I can't be bothered, but they seem to swell worse sometimes in them. I have been prescribed support stockings by my doctor which are the ugliest most uncomfy things- but they really work to keep the swelling at least mildly at bay.

Breadsticks I get that feeling when my sugar suddenly drops. Usually it's just an indicator for me that I need to eat. I had it in my first pregnancy too. Hope that's all it is for you and you are feeling better

Thanks! I am still feeling off but much better than before so I definitely think that was the case! :)

Counting, my doc has suggested support stockings to me as well or to keep my feet propped up. she said it's more difficult during the summer months because it's too hot and all I'm wearing is flip flops. I got some real comfy ones, for me at least, from Walmart for $5. I bought both a black and white pair for our honeymoon and all I've wore so far is the black! LOL!

breadsticks, I got like that when I took my 3 hr glucose test and as soon as I ate I felt normal. Hopefully you get it under control and feel better!

Congrats July!!! He is so adorable!!! Glad everything went well and you are home now!

Myra, look at that smile!!! Too cute! hopefully he'll be out soon!

Here is Coltyn's take home outfit. Have a pic of the front and back. Didn't see the back of it until I was checking out and fell even more in love with it! Also posting my 35 & 36 week pics. Everyone has said I've dropped and I think I look so much bigger in my 36 week photo than my 35 week photo! Measuring 37.5 weeks at 36 week appt. Can't wait until Wednesday to see if I'm dilated any! (DH decided to photobomb my 35 week photo! LOL!)

Attachments

• 0609131948.jpg
    0609131948.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2
  • image (8).jpg
    image (8).jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image (9).jpg
    image (9).jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image (10).jpg
    image (10).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 4
I'm heading to the hospital. Been having contraction 5-10 min apart for the past 2 hours...

Oh wow look at all these babies wanting to come! Good luck June thinking of you

good luck june!! cant wait to hear updates!! it seems like quite a few of our july babies are wanting to make appearances in june!

Ok contractions are 4-6 min apart they are calling the dr and monitoring me a little bit longer then they'll tell me what they're doing

When the nurse checked me I'm 1-2 cm dilated, 60% effaced and -2 station.

I will try to updated as much as I can.

I hope all goes smoothly June! All the best and thanks for the update! Slightly jealous of everyone going into labor and having their babies...been a bit bored today and anxious for this little fellow to make his appearance! Libby jumped from the sofa and landed half on my belly...I was so cross with her!

False alarm :-/ my contractions arent strong enough and haven't caused further cervical changes. They are still 4-6 min apart but they have to be longer and more intense. Which is a good thing it's not happening yet because I'm still a tad too early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->