~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

congrats july!!!! myra connor looks great hope you can bring him home soon!

June, sorry you had a false alarm but at least your body is practicing and maybe before too long you'll be headed back! glad they monitored you and that everything is fine!

June my sis had a few false alarms before she had her little girl...total labor was an hour and a half ...so maybe you might be in for a quick delivery? Her little girl turns 7 next week...Time flies...I remember as clear as day taking my other niece in to the hospital to visit her new sister. Precious memories.
Pretty uncomfortable here...got a bit of constipation!

Aww Myra look at his precious smile!

July he is adorable and look at all that hair!

Sue I wouldn't mind my little girl making her appearance after Tuesday I'm sure several of us feel that way though :haha:

I was thinking of you Proud when I wrote my post :haha: I think you're the furthest along of known little girls?

My littlen can stay put a bit longer at least until she figures which way is out!! :dohh:

June - hope you're feeling ok. Bummer for false alarm but I too have heard that they can occur a couple of times. Emma not ready yet, just getting you prepped! :flower:

I am back home..the nurse wanted to give me an ambien to help me sleep. I looked at her like she was crazy and said "umm I don't feel comfortable taking that while pregnant". Anyways, yeah so guess little Emma was teasing me Lol the contractions were 4-6 min apart but I'm glad it was false labor. She still needs at least a few more days. My DH has a feeling I'll go into true labor by the end of the week. Same thing happened with my DS4. Went in with regular contractions but they weren't causing cervical changes so I was sent home a total of two times. Then the next day I went into labor for real or the contractions just got strong enough one of the two.

Thank you all for the well wishes though!!! It was good practice ;)

eek "full term" as of today!! im shocked shes still in there, but,glad :) keep getting true contractions but they,stall out after too long...it'd be interesting if she went to her due date or over, I've noy had a,baby do that!

june, bummer, but i agree its better she stay in a couple days! i had many false alarms with my first two, but it was no indication of the length of my labor, but I've already been told my labor history makes no sense LOL

Hopefully my labor won't be too long lol congrats on being full term!!! Exciting!!!

congrats on full term oneandtwo :)

june - hang in there. so exciting to think you're gonna be likely to pop soon :)

No contractions here. Just braxton hicks, but I've had them for weeks now.
Another late baby for me I reckon. I predict a week late. DD predicts the baby will be 5 days late lol. We're taking bets :p

Had to buy myself a new bra today because nothing was fitting. It's a nursing bra though so I can use it after birth too.
We bought a baby record book too.

Got my midwife appointment in half an hour and I can't find my pot to pee into! Dear me!

Sue me and oneandtwo I believe. That's what I found on the front sheet anyways.

June hope you get to rest some.

Alice good luck at your appt

Have appt with my midwife in a couple hours. She will be doing the gbs test and checking my cervix. The one check that I agree to as I don't find them to be very pleasant :haha: crossing my fingers that we have made some progress in the right direction but honestly I'm not that hopeful. I've been having lots of contractions but I feel like its just gonna be my body's idea of a practical joke :dohh:

congrats on full term oneandtwo :)

june - hang in there. so exciting to think you're gonna be likely to pop soon :)

No contractions here. Just braxton hicks, but I've had them for weeks now.
Another late baby for me I reckon. I predict a week late. DD predicts the baby will be 5 days late lol. We're taking bets :p

Had to buy myself a new bra today because nothing was fitting. It's a nursing bra though so I can use it after birth too.
We bought a baby record book too.

Got my midwife appointment in half an hour and I can't find my pot to pee into! Dear me!

Thanks Hun!! I'm so excited to think she could be here soon!

I hear you on needing new bras! Most of my sports bras aren't getting too tight, none of my regular bras fit, and I have two nursing bras, that's it! I need a few more but it's not in the budget right now :/

Sue me and oneandtwo I believe. That's what I found on the front sheet anyways.

June hope you get to rest some.

Alice good luck at your appt

Have appt with my midwife in a couple hours. She will be doing the gbs test and checking my cervix. The one check that I agree to as I don't find them to be very pleasant :haha: crossing my fingers that we have made some progress in the right direction but honestly I'm not that hopeful. I've been having lots of contractions but I feel like its just gonna be my body's idea of a practical joke :dohh:

Thank you!! I'm trying to rest as much as possible in between trying to get laundry done. I think once DH gets home we're going to install the carseat and pack our hospital bag.

my bag is packed, it isnt much clothes for her and i, camera with charger and sd cards. if i can get off my butt today I'll clean out the car and install the seat. i keep putting it off, its driving dh mad. he thinks i shoulda been ready weeks ago but i have no sense of urgency LOL

heres my 37wk belly pic
https://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp198/jbdclmom/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-06-10_081246_zpsaf04f5c8.jpg

Cute belly pic oneandtwo!!!

Well just had the midwives round to my house and..............

BABY HAS GONE HEAD DOWN!!!!!

Two midwives checked, and they are both pretty sure but I am popping up to the hospital on Thursday for a quick presentation scan to double check but they are quite confident as they have left the homebirth kit!!! YAY!!!

Bags are packed but haven't put carseat in the car yet. It's sitting next to the bags though all ready to go. Dh is good at installing seats now so won't take him but a min to get it done as long as we remember to take it with us :haha:

June - I know, bras are so expensive! This one was £8 in clearance so not too bad.

hospital bags are nearly finished being packed now. Only started about a week ago though. Just a couple of bobs and bits I need to get but nothing major. If I popped tomorrow it wouldn't be the end of the world, the bags would suffice as they are if necessary. Just things like spare camcorder tapes, magazines, snacks and so on.

Car seat base is not installed yet but it takes literally five seconds, and I'll be coming home from the hospital by taxi anyway so it makes no difference.
Gotta wash the car-seat cover though - haven't done that yet.

oneandtwo - lovely bump pic :)

sue - hurray for being head down! Mine, too, has gone head down! It's been oblique for weeks but it's now cephalic! yay!

So - midwife appointment was as follows :

-urine was fine (they had to give me a pot to do a sample at the surgery because I still couldn't find my pot).
-my bp was normal
-baby's heartbeat was fine
-measuring 38 weeks (fundal height)
-they did MRSA swabs and took my blood to test iron levels. I guess I'll get the results of those next time.
-baby is now head down but not engaged yet - just at the brim.

Next appointment is gonna be when I'm 39+4. She said after that they'll do a stretch and sweep when I'm 7 days overdue.

And that's it really.

Sounds like a good appointment alice! Mine was good too.....no issues with wee or bp etc.

Just hope madam stays where she is!!

My 'just in case' hospital bags and my case seat isofix base are all installed. I don't put the car seat in the car in case of a car crash.

But hopefully I wont need to anyway if my homebirth goes to plan :happydance: !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->