~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

UGGGGGHHH

I'm so tired.

I was up till past 2am webcamming (I've umm...progressed past just the phone sex work....*blushes*) and then DH was like "oh yeah I'll get up with the kids in the morning and give them breakfast"
but then they ended up being so noisy I was awake anyway from 7.30am, plus I had to get up to actually drive them to school anyhow.

Not to mention the fact that DH snored about 95 times last night.
And on top of that the usual aches and pains.

So I'm shattered.

I know it's my own fault I could have got off the webcam, but I was on a roll earning money so I didn't want to come off, because I've not been on in a couple of days, and we had to fork out £250 for the car to pass its MOT a couple of days ago, so we're really skint at the moment.

The house is looking like a bomb has hit it. Gotta tackle that today. DS2 is going to MIL's house for a few hours. Wish I could use the opportunity to nap though but no chance.

proud and june - so excited for you both to pop :)

sooo I've sort of chucked a few things in a bag...just incase of hospital transfer/ make it easy for people to grab me stuff we need straight after the birth. Seems I hardly have anything in the bag though....can you girls think of anything crucial I need that I've missed?? am packing light as don't intend to end up in hospital, plus DH can easily grab more stuff if necessary!!

For baby:
- nappies
- cotton wool
- x3 baby grows
- x2 vests
- scratch mitts
- hat
- blanket

For Me:
- maternity pads x 10
- nursing bra
- x5 pairs pants
- jogging bottoms
- pj's
- t-shirt
- towel
- travel sized shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, toothpaste
- slippers

Still to add:
- Camera
- Phone and charger
- Lose change
- toothbrush

It just doesn't seem much compared to the amount of stuff i'd packed with alex!! all gone in one tiny little suitcase.

I've deliberately missed off snacks, will just use what is in kitchen and buy at hospital if necessary/ get DH to bring stuff in.

Anything else i'm missing!? totally feel like there's is something crucial :haha:

Well this is my list :

ME :

nighties
nursing bras
breast pads
roller for my fringe
hair-brush
toothbrush / toothpaste
face wash
shower gel
shampoo / conditioner
towels
knickers / disposable knickers
maternity pads
contact lens solution / pot
glasses
dressing gown
mobile phone and charger
money
slippers
paper / pen
puzzle book
snacks / drinks
pregnancy notes
deodorant
razor / shaving gel
tissues
socks
fluffy bed socks

BABY :

6 sleepsuits
6 vests
hat
scratch mitts
wipes
nappy sacks
nappy rash cream
blanket
car seat
light jacket
flannelettes
red book

DH :

snacks/drinks
money
video camera / charger / tapes
camera
magazine
taxi phone numbers

This is in my 'Just In Case' bag Carol....... It's only in a small holdall and the baby's stuff is in the Boot free change bag!

All the stuff..........
https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/sue_881/0EDA93BF-CD35-4840-98F7-13D48B1DDD93-3581-00000A5D1CC6619D_zps3dbdb150.jpg
and PACKED!! (Mummy's Bag & Baby's bag!)
https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/sue_881/C4269F80-AFB7-4C23-ADA8-46C29AA83EA2-3581-00000A5D26186952_zps1109f936.jpg

LIST:

Mummy's Bag.....

TENS Machine
Dark Towel
Dark Flannel
1 x Labour Tank Top
1 x Pair of PJ's
8 x BIG black knickers
5 x Disposible knickers
2 x Socks
Spa slippers
20 x Maternity Pads
6 x Re-usable Breast Pads
4 x Disposible Breast Pads (freebie samples!)
1 x Tube Lansinoh
1 x Antibac Gel
1 x Pot of Paracetamol
2 x tissue packs
1 x Small Toiletries bag (Shampoo, Conditioner, Shower Gel, Lotion, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Mouthwash, Lipbalm, Eye Liner, Mascara, Small pack of facial wipes, contact lenses, deodarant)
2 x Scented mini bin liners

Millie's Bag.....
3 Sleep suits (newborn)
5 Vests (newborn)
2 x socks
2 x mittens
2 x hat
1 x booties
2 x bibs
1 x pack nappies (size 1)
1 x pack of wipes
1 x pack of nappy bags
1 x travel change mat
1 x mini sudocream
1 x hooded snuggle towel
2 x large muslins
1 x blanket
1 x box of starter formula (just in case)
1 x nail care set.

Ive probably got too much but my bags will be set on the coffee table in the lounge so they can be grabbed in a hurry or emptied when baby has arrived!

I just need BRAS!!!!

I need to go get properly measured and buy some.

Where is best to buy Maternity Bra's (for nursing) in everyones opinion?

X

I just need BRAS!!!!

I need to go get properly measured and buy some.

Where is best to buy Maternity Bra's (for nursing) in everyones opinion?

X

Mothercare I guess, though I've not tried elsewhere.

I went yesterday and asked to be measured up, and she asked how long I've got yet. I said 2 and a half weeks. She said they prefer women to have less than 2 weeks left because otherwise the baby (and therefore bump) won't have dropped prior to that, therefore measuring the circumference will be too big. As soon as the baby drops, that's a better time to get measured.

I was like "yeah but I need something NOW, none of my bras fit!" so she ended up selling me a 38C nursing bra that fits me okay now on the widest hook, but she did say that very likely need to take it into the tightest hook once the baby drops, and maybe buy some more.

I don't mind that so much, I really needed something immediately, and besides it was on clearance so only £8 so I can live with that.

Gonna go back when I'm very close to my due date and buy a couple more bras.

Thanks Alice.

My only problem is I live in a tiny village so I've got to drive at last 40 minutes to get to a shop that sells them - I was thinking Mothercare! Yikes! I don't really want to leave it too late, I got told from 36 weeks would be ok! :shrug:

My bump is really high though with madams Butt sat right under my rib now!

Thanks Alice.

My only problem is I live in a tiny village so I've got to drive at last 40 minutes to get to a shop that sells them - I was thinking Mothercare! Yikes! I don't really want to leave it too late, I got told from 36 weeks would be ok! :shrug:

maybe give that particular mothercare a ring before setting off and ask them what they reckon - whether or not they would advise you to wait a week or two, or whether you should come in

Thanks Alice.

maybe give that particular mothercare a ring before setting off and ask them what they reckon - whether or not they would advise you to wait a week or two, or whether you should come in

Yeah good idea. :thumbup: I will do that later in the week!

Mothercare had some good selections however recently went into administration and all of the stores over Australia closed down :( I was so sad cause it was so handy to my house.
Carol I am taking a wrap for the baby and a pile of breast pads for me...I made the mistake of packing tiny baby clothes with Libby then having an almost 9 pounder nothing I had packed fit her so she had nothing to wear except a vest and nappy the first day or so then DH had to dig out some bigger clothes to put her in. LOL

LOL libby's! the smallest I've got is newborn :), DS was 8lb 9 and they fit him just fine...well were a little big but fine :).

cheers for the tips ladies! have added:
deodorant
hairbrush
socks?? for me
lansinoh
tissues
nappy bags
vasoline
nail file for baby
swadddle blanket - ? already packed

just need to go check everythings in there now!

been busy this morning, made rock cakes, now a cherry cake is cooking and cleaned toilet, plus wiped all kitchen down :D. Might sit and watch some tv for a while now :D xx

Here are my list of meals I am making for the freezer.....!

Lunches
Tomato Soup
Carrot & Coriander Soup

Dinners
Bolognese Sauce
Beef Chilli Con Carne
Mixed Bean Chilli (v)
Chickpea & Tomato Curry (v)
Tomato Sauce (v) for pasta
Chicken Chassuer
Cottage Pie & mash

Today I am doing the cottage pie & tomato soup. & maybe chicken chassuer depending on time & backache!!

those of you in the UK when you are in the hospital do they not provide much for baby? all i have to bring for baby is a going home outfit, a hat/headband for pictures (which is optional), a blanket for the car ride home and the car seat..they provide everything else

yeah we have to take everything, right down to maternity towels! though I do know they wouldn't leave you without if you forgot them but they'd expect you to ask someone to go buy some asap!

good freezer list sue! just a note, I cooked lots of things prior to alex and loads had onions in them...this def added to his gas/colic, which I've heard is pretty common! this time things like that I've still put onion in but like half the amount I normally would :) xxx

I don't have much in my hospital bag either cause as mentioned they provide everything in the US. My biggest thing is travel sized soaps and shampoos cause I'm picky and my own towel! I hate the thought of using a hospital towel just kinda creeps me out :haha: and the boppy pillow is a must! I need to put our bags all together in one room so when it happens I'm not having to instruct dh on what he has to grab

yeah we have to take everything, right down to maternity towels! though I do know they wouldn't leave you without if you forgot them but they'd expect you to ask someone to go buy some asap!

good freezer list sue! just a note, I cooked lots of things prior to alex and loads had onions in them...this def added to his gas/colic, which I've heard is pretty common! this time things like that I've still put onion in but like half the amount I normally would :) xxx

Thanks for the tip!!

I don't know what colic is....can you explain it?

My mums never heard of it as me & my sister never suffered :shrug:

Maternity towels have arrived in my homebirth pack Carol! And some bed sheets!! I was quite impressed.

ooh that's lucky!! The midwifes bring stuff with them here, think they have a few inco pads but otherwise I have to get everything! (inc additional inco pads, but I bought pampers bed sheets as can use any spare when start potty training DS ;))

colic is kinda when the baby cries lots, usually in the evenings, and its a high pitched, pretty intense cry and lot a lot settles them :(, something obviously bothers them but its hard to figure out what! With my DS certain foods I ate def seemed to make him worse. Tends to come on when the baby is around 3-4wks and lasts roughly until around 12wks. But some babies totally avoid it :). I prob haven't explained that well! there's a link on the nhs website https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Colic/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I didn't even realize women in other countries had to provide everything. They have almost everything you need here in the US. Crazy to think...
Sounds like you ladies are all set with everything though.

Well as for me, we went out and bought our travel sized toiletries last night just have to pack our bag now, and DH installed the carseat base. We thought I was going to go soon but my contractions seem to have slowed quite a bit. So I don't think I'll be next.
Oh well, it'll be her time when she's ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->