~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I was up ALL NIGHT with contractions. They were painful but not unbearable, I was able to sleep through many of them but still very many woke me up. I kept thinking this morning something would happen but here we are at 5PM and nothing lol. They ended up easing off this morning and I've only had painless Braxton-Hicks. Still losing plug but no bloody show.

:hugs: Sue, sorry you've felt off today! I hope you are relaxing and feel better tomorrow.

Proud, sorry there wasn't more progress :hugs: I'm worried I will be very disappointed come Thursday if I have my cervix checked and I'm not much dilated.

Any news, June?

Becca, your poor hands! :hugs: I have pain on the days when my hands swell a lot but for the most part I don't have any issues. The bad days are terrible though, I feel for you having it all the time!

That sounds promising breadsticks......I wonder if little Aisling will be the first little girl to greet us?!

:)

I cant use epo or rtl :( not even allowed to bring labour on with sex after term.... most peoples ban is lifted mine wont be :( I will be over due :haha:

Epo and rtl because I had such a quick labour last time mw and doctor said nope.

And sex because I have had bleeds and I am rhesus neg they dont want to risk my blood and baby blood mixing plus I am sick of the anti d injections. The last bleed I was told once more and I need to be high risk!

Fair enough!
I hope the EPO & RLT help me along when everything starts. Not too quick though as want my midwives here......and my pool filled!! :haha:

I'm still sitting here pregnant as ever and nothing to show for it yet. Lol
Contractions are all over the place. I have my 37 week appointment this Wednesday. Praying for more dilation and effacement and hopefully since I'll be term Dr will stir something up. Maybe she'll try to stretch me this time since I will be term. Last week she said I was easily stretchable but she didn't want to do anything since I was still technically a week out. We're really hoping Emma makes her appearance this week since hubby leaves for his last internship July 1st. So next week is his last week home :-( worried he won't be here for it. Though my Dr says I won't go that late, I'm doubtful.

Well we got the a/c fixed today :happy dance: we had someone come out for a second opinion and luckily it was a faulty wire!! he was able to replace it for $150 total..much better than the $4000 we were expecting to pay!! i'm so happy

regarding the "clean out" with my DD i was constipated the entire pregnancy and the morning i went into labor i had no problem going which was unusual. i was terrified of pooping on the table though..my daughter probably would've came out a lot earlier if i wasn't afraid of it.. my hubby said if i pooped on the table he was gonna tell everyone.this time i could care less i'll crap all over the table and not feel bad about it :haha:

proud- sorry your not having any more changes!! i was at 3 cm for 2 weeks and then full on labor kicked in to gear so hopefully it'll be soon!

I'm not sure if any of you have bought or were thinking about buying those nap nanny things. but i guess they have been recalled or are about to be recalled due to 5 infant deaths and a bunch of injuries. just a little fyi!!

afm i finally got my short term disability paperwork back from the doctor so i will officially start leave in 2 weeks!! i'm so excited! i have wednesday off this week and next week so i really only have like 8 working days left!! This wednesday i'm getting my hair done one last time before baby comes (work thinks i have a dr appt) and next week i have my 36 week appt i cant believe its this close!!

Those of you in the U.S. when did your dr start doing internals towards the end? and when did they do the strep b test? do they do the strep b thing with all pregnancies or just the first? im hoping i dont get it done at my 36 week appt cuz i have 3 working days before leave starts so im hoping they'll let me wait til the next week!

oh yawn so tired...Put Libby to bed at 10 and she was up again at 12...the rat! DH couldn't stand her wiggling and spent the night on the sofa. He did the same thing last night but because I was snoring! I am going to be so happy to have this baby and get comfortable again.
Becca so sorry about the carpel tunnel...ouch! Glad you finally got the remote. Libby is always walking off with our remote and putting it in obscure places. I got her a toy drum and some maraccas and a trumpet etc for her birthday $20 from Kmart...bargain! Her birthday isn't for a few weeks but she got the musical instruments early just could not wait!
As for the ball...:( I had to throw it out it was beyond repair. A friend of mine from Playgroup is going to loan me hers so I promised her I wouldn't sit it too near the heater!

Well we got the a/c fixed today :happy dance: we had someone come out for a second opinion and luckily it was a faulty wire!! he was able to replace it for $150 total..much better than the $4000 we were expecting to pay!! i'm so happy

regarding the "clean out" with my DD i was constipated the entire pregnancy and the morning i went into labor i had no problem going which was unusual. i was terrified of pooping on the table though..my daughter probably would've came out a lot earlier if i wasn't afraid of it.. my hubby said if i pooped on the table he was gonna tell everyone.this time i could care less i'll crap all over the table and not feel bad about it :haha:

proud- sorry your not having any more changes!! i was at 3 cm for 2 weeks and then full on labor kicked in to gear so hopefully it'll be soon!

I'm not sure if any of you have bought or were thinking about buying those nap nanny things. but i guess they have been recalled or are about to be recalled due to 5 infant deaths and a bunch of injuries. just a little fyi!!

afm i finally got my short term disability paperwork back from the doctor so i will officially start leave in 2 weeks!! i'm so excited! i have wednesday off this week and next week so i really only have like 8 working days left!! This wednesday i'm getting my hair done one last time before baby comes (work thinks i have a dr appt) and next week i have my 36 week appt i cant believe its this close!!

Those of you in the U.S. when did your dr start doing internals towards the end? and when did they do the strep b test? do they do the strep b thing with all pregnancies or just the first? im hoping i dont get it done at my 36 week appt cuz i have 3 working days before leave starts so im hoping they'll let me wait til the next week!

I had my first internal and strep B test done at week 35. And I'm having weekly internal exams till I have her.

Had my 38 wks appointment today and was only a fingertip dilated, was hoping for more progress by now. I just started using epo so hopefully that will help get things going!

They started internals here at 36 weeks with the Strep B test. I talked to the doc though and they said form now on I can request not to have an internal because they're not necessary unless I want to know about dialation etc.

What is epo?
It's evening primrose oil, it helps to soften the cervix. There's a couple threads about it on here, figured it's worth a shot - I really want to avoid going overdue and being induced like I was with my first.

My OB does strep B swab at 37 weeks so I'll be having mine Thursday. Internal exam is optional, only if I want to know how dilated I am. Still haven't decided if I even want to know or not! I'm sure curiosity will get the better of me :haha:

Sue, I sure hope she comes soon! The sooner she comes, the more recovery time I get before the semester begins.

I am so looking forward to having lots of time with my husband (he's taking 6-8 weeks paternity leave) and baby girl sometime soon :) How are you ladies handling visitors? We won't be having any hospital visitors (no family in the area). We will have family start visiting two weeks after she is born to give us some time to settle, establish breastfeeding, etc. They are planning on staying in a hotel to give us space which is nice but I do feel bad about it, I know it's not cheap!

A friend of mine is moving this week about an hour away :( Not terrible as we can still visit but still sad. She is actually training to be a doula :) Anyway, we had dinner with her and her boyfriend, it was nice but I'm feeling a bit rough. I have been most of the evening but I have tomorrow off work so I will be resting up!

Tlh, so glad your A/C is fixed and at a good price! What a relief :D

Abigail, sorry you aren't dilated much at the moment but that could change quickly, fingers crossed! :)

wow that sounds annoying having all those internals...here they don't do that kind of thing. Maybe check you over on the due date and do a sweep or whatever of the cervix to try and move things along but yikes...not sure I would be comfortable with all that probing...seems a bit unnecessary. I just got home with L and she has crashed out for her nap so I am getting on with Laundry etc. SPD is killing me today! I did a big poop earlier so maybe that stirred things up down there.

The internal checks are only usually done if you want them to check. I'm always too curious to not had them check so I've been getting checked. The main reason I'm so eager I guess is because I'm hopeful she'll appear before my DH leaves for 8 weeks for his Grad school internship. He'll be 2 1/2 hours away, and he'll come home on weekends but if she's not born before he leaves, it will be at least 2 1/2 hours till he can be with me at the hospital. Then I have to worry about how to get there if in labor and what to do with my four year old son till my parents are able to get here. They live 1 1/2 hours away. So I'm really stressed over the whole situation :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->