~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I've friend requested you too, jack sat in a peppa pig car.

I also hate the bf/ff debates. I think each mother has to decide what's best for them, it doesn't involve anyone else. I breastfed jack but almost gave up, it was so hard the first few weeks, glad I persevered though. I plan to breastfeed this one too but if it doesn't work I have no problem with formula what so ever. It's a shame people aren't supportive of each other, especially new mums. It's all challenging enough!
Sue my family are quite the same. My best friend is also anti breastfeeding and told me that's why jack screamed so much, it's disgusting and embarrassing as boobies are sexual!!! That's her view I have mine but it's each to their own! :shrug:

The full moon didnt help me either, though I didn't get to the point of lounging about in the garden soaking in the rays! :haha: infact I didn't even see it :blush:

Ugh. Lost service mid post and its gone. Congrats on new babies!

Haven't had one since I was 18 so 7 years ago! Its called a silent migraine or something you dont actually get the head ache. They were testing me for a stroke and spinal damage that was scarier than them saving they were going to get him out!

Just got home after over an hour and halves drive luckily oh was driving.

I've had silent migraines before. It's terrifying. First time I did I was convinced I was dying and I couldn't even form words. I really feel for anyone who has experienced one.

For everyone who was worried about the swelling, I am down a BIT this afternoon which is great. I have been able to leave imprints for weeks now, my doctor knows thank goodness and still says everything is okay for now as my blood pressure is reasonable and no protein in urine. I see her on Thursday but if I swell too much more, I will definitely get seen beforehand.

At the doctors will respond to everyone when I get home. Crossing my fingers for some type of progress. I'm feeling very unwell today nauseated and lots of loose stool so not fun

Congrats on all the babies, I feel like I still have forever left!
2 weeks till "full term'. 5 weeks till due date, Getting impatient!!

Is Eve (Aaisrie) still about? Hope she is ok as she was in hospital alot or have I missed her posts? Is it only her that can update the first page?

Missfox I did that the other day, wrote a big long post out and post it! Soo annoying.

Counting glad your swelling has gone down a little, as long as your doctor knows you're be ok. It is painful though isn't it, I haven't got it so bad this time but with jack it felt like they were going to explode!

Good luck proud, sorry you're feeling so unwell. Hopefully it will all be over soon xx

Alice glad your appt went well! Maybe baby will surprise you an show up still :)

Counting glad your swelling has gone Down some.

So I actually had a good appt! I am almost 4cm!! Baby has gotten even lower and my cervix has gotten much lower since last appt as well. Said still have some thinning to do but all looks good. Was offered an induction this week at 39 weeks if I wanted it. She said at 4cm they start to recommend it. Told her I wanted to wait till my due date before going down that road so fingers crossed she comes this week and if not at least I know there's an end in sight and I won't have to go two weeks over before they do anything :happydance:

Just been to the midwife.

Baby is only 1 fifth engaged. I think it's safe to say s/he is going to be fashionably late.

Heartbeat sounds fine.
My BP is fine (lowish but fine).
There was a trace of protein in my urine but they didn't say anything about that really.
They want me on iron tablets. UGH. I've been avoiding taking them because they make me really constipated.
I'm measuring 42 weeks (I'm actually 39+4, so 2 and a half weeks ahead).

And that's that really. MEH. No baby for me yet.

Don't feel too bad about measuring big--at my 37 week appointment I meansure 42.5....yowza!:dohh:

Counting - glad the swelling has eased a little. At least your doc knows & no protein both good, best keep an eye though. Bet it's super uncomfy!

Proud - glad you had a good app & some progression. Bet that's made you feel better after your last app. Induction at 39w though :wacko: I find that a little strange to just be offered it!

Alice - also glad you had a good appointment - definitely a given you're growing a mini hulk! You never know, maybe this LO will give you a surprise!

AFM - not done much today. Resting watching the tennis on telly, touch of shopping & now lying on my bed after eating some Ben & Jerrys. Yummy....just a mini pot I may add! :haha: absolutely ZERO signs today that baby's coming soon, think I had one cramp earlier :shrug: little miss has been a right lazy madam today no big kicks just shuffling around....she's developed a new routine since about thurs last week now she's getting more cramped, took a while to get used to it but I definitely think she's going to be a laid back lazy monkey! :sleep:

Proud - glad you had a good app & some progression. Bet that's made you feel better after your last app. Induction at 39w though :wacko: I find that a little strange to just be offered it!

:

I guess it's because of the dilation. She said at 4cm they usually recommend it but that it was my choice. I'm not okay with induction before my due date though if I don't have a medical reason. Now next week may be a different story I will probably be all for it next week :haha: dh is gonna go to that appt though (if we make it) so we can make that decision together. I'm hoping she comes this week though I would really prefer to just go naturally like last time

Hopefully you won't get to induction proud! 4cm yikes, I was 3cm when I went in with jack and had him 3 hours later! :haha:
Hopefully t won't be long now!

hi ladies, :D

Sue, sent a friend request (Caroline T) :D, would love to connect with you other ladies too so perhaps Sue could recommend people so we can all link!?

I fell down the stairs this morning :/, only last 4-5steps but kinda hurt! think everything is ok though, accept for a bruised back and bum :blush:, cutest thing was me falling immediately stopped DS mid tantrum and he even went and picked all the washing up i'd scattered everywhere in the fall...awww...he's beginning to show compassion :D xx

Wow it's so odd to hear all of you hoping your babies are due any day whereas (despite feeling DONE!) I'm sitting over here praying the baby waits till July! Mom will be back from Kentucky by the 29th and Macy's can deliver the new sofa on July 2nd. The co-sleeper hasn't even freaking SHIPPED yet!! (can you say annoyed?) and the diaper bag is due to be here on the 27th.

Had my second dose of steroids today and really I haven't suffered much in the ill effects yet! *crosses fingers* I got rather warm last night and the heartburn was pretty bad, but actually the carpal tunnel in the middle of the night wasn't nearly as bad as it has been! Acceptable trade-off in my opinion.

Oh we bought the car seat last night finally. It's in it's big box in the trunk of my car. lol

Built the crib even though that's not where he's going to sleep, but it makes me feel like I've accomplished something.

I'm dying a batch of Jessie's clothes at the moment... trying to turn then from pink and purple to brown and blue! Wish me luck! Should have taken a before picture of them before I dunked them. I'll try to remember before I do the pink-brown batch.

So did we not get any Full Moon babies??? How disappointing!

Proud
- I can't believe they even suggest induction before your due date unless your waters have broken. That sounds silly. Part of the reason I've declined internal exams! If they don't know what's going on down there they can't try to speed it up with drugs! Induction based contractions HURT way more than normal ones.. or so I hear, by the time they gave me the picton etc I was mostly dilated and everything hurt like a beast.

oneandtwo - I can't believe I read your birth story!!! *laughs* now I'm freaked all over again. Beautiful little one though!! Congratulations.
The labour and delivery nurse I'm friends with said they always get a lot more people in the hospital on the full moon thinking they're in labour but A LOT are sent home. So maternity units ARE busier... just not for the reason we'd like. :)

They weren't pushy about it at all they just offered. I guess a lot of people usually jump on it. They said it was totally up to me. But like I said I would much much prefer to go I. My own. Been up cleaning my house gonna bounce on my ball for a while.

Yeah get baby's head bouncing on that 4cm cervix!!! Come on baby!! :D

I've had a couple of cramps but all in all really uneventful day baby wise :dohh:

babyclements - it's surprising how quick the time goes and you never know when your little one will decide to make an entrance!

Proud - Sounds like a great appointment and such a relief to see the end in sight. Hope your little one turns up soon x

caro103 - ouch! sounds painful - Hope you feel better soon x

pink flowers - I have just sent you a friend request

beccamichelle - Glad the carpal tunnel is getting better

i formula fed my first daughter by choice and plan on formula feeding this one as well. I've also always been given a lot of grief for not wanting to breast feed and it drives me crazy because i don't judge people that breast feed! My daughter has been perfect on weight and height and she never gets sick so clearly formula isnt all that bad!

i found out today i can't work half days until maternity leave because the company that does our benefits said i have to be full time. one week from today is my last day so i really only have 4 working days left. i hope i can manage

Sue I put my request...
this is me
https://www.facebook.com/empop2009

Oneandtwo your baby is so sweet!
I been chasing a toddler about this morning who refuses to let me do her hair...stubborn! She would rather look like a wild woman I suppose!

Sorry for my complaint earlier today - woke up in a mood! And thanks for all the well wishes on my health, deffo feeling wayyyy better this week :thumbup:

Oh becca - I enjoyed reading Jessica's birth story! Your OH is an entertaining write too :thumbup:

ACooper - your posts always make me laugh!! Thanks! (re: It's the Final Countdown)
Sue - your days always sound so lovely :flower: Sorry you have to deal with/think about ex again - such an idiot. Ex's are the worst :nope:
MissBell - Huge congrats to you again, and I just want to say that I am incredibly impressed and inspired that you had a natural breech birth! WOW! My baby isn't breech, but I have asked health care professionals about it and they all say, no way we would let you have a vaginal birth - so a story like yours is truly inspiring - thank you!
oneandtwo - way to go! Such wonderful news :thumbup:
Congrats to you June on little Emma <3
Proud - glad to hear you are having some progress - exciting!

AFM on the baby front, things are pretty quiet. I get reg, painless BH's. on a couple occasions I have felt menstrual type cramps, but hardly noticeable. I don't feel like baby is coming anytime soon...but what do I know :haha:
I had (TMI) explosive poo today though. It was horrendous. It felt as though all my bowels were going to come out. Just awful :nope: hope I don't have to do that again :dohh:
DH and I moved onto our boat for a few days - it's anchored in the bay so we have to zodiac out to it and I climb up the ladder over the edge. It's kind of funny, but so peaceful being on the water. We've been staying at my folks place and they are overrun with children (grands and rentals) and so we needed a break from the chaos!! Plus it's lovely to have some one-on-one time before we become a little family :cloud9:

Little peanut is moving so strangely these days, more lightening crotch and weird pains within the uterus. But it's allllllll good as long as baby is happy :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->