~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Floating I am a bit envious that your get to go out on the boat...that sounds so lovely!
My mother had the morning off so decided to come over and help watch Libby. She has also offered to stay over this weekend if we wanted her to just in the case I may go into Labor. I made chocolate brownies while she was here and I think they must not have cooked right cause they're really sticky I must have added too much liquid or something. They taste yummy but just a bit tricky to eat.
It is sooooo cold here I am doing all I can to stay warm and not get sick.
Been praying labor starts soon...DH and I had an argument about how many weeks he is planning to take off once baby is born. He made out like I was being selfish for wanting him home. With Libby he only took five days off and I was in hospital for all of those days with the csection so as soon as we got home he was off back at work and I felt so overwhelmed and cried my eyes out on the couch. I really do not want to repeat that scenario.

Morning :)

I am feeling much better today I actually slept through the night! I have the mw later so we will see what she says about everything.

How is everyone? Me and O are watching the heffalump movie lol

Morning :wave:

I slept well too.......when I eventually fell asleep at 1am :dohh: so still tired even though I got a good few hours. Bleugh! Midwife today for me too :happydance:

Pink - glad you're feeling better x hope your app goes well!
Floating - aww that sounds lovely being on the boat for a few days x
Libby's - hope little one decided to have her hair brush in the end! The brownies sound lush....stickier the better I say. Into a bowl & lots of ice cream *slurp* hope your OH takes longed than 5 days off, that must have not been nice coming home after the section to be by yourself.

I think I need a nap now after some brekkie, try and get my energy levels up! X

What time is your appointment sue? Mines at 2.30. Hoping she just sends me on my way lol

I'm going to walk again, last week they were running ten mins early so i arrived all hot sweaty with ten mins to chill and let me catch my breath & they called me in! So tpday leaving earlier - just in case & will take a magazine with me.

I wish I could walk. I will get there on time and they will be really late lol!

Oh yeah mine usually are too - that's why I was so knocked off my feet last week. I even said to her - "you're early!! My BP will be threw the roof after stomping here!" and sure enough it was - then she said my bump was warm......I was like her hello look at me I resemle a beetroot, I am ALL warm :haha:

They are usually running about 30 mins late, then I am really naugty at my appointments and sit there chatting for about 40 minutes as I don't get to talk to many people round here with not knowing anyone - I then feel bad for all the ladies behind me :dohh:

Has anyone started prepping for Xmas? I started my 'gift list' yesterday for who I need to buy for and some ideas. I've decided to only get Millie a Stocking with some goodies in, 2 toys (have seen some nice wooden learning toys for about £10/£12 which I thought was good for wooden toys) and probably 2 books.

She's going to get so spoiled from everyone else - I'd love to spoil her myself but there really is no point!

Now need to decide what to get my mum & dad - they are SO hard to buy for I need the 6 months prep to make sure I can actually decide on something :dohh:

Millie is buying Mum, Dad & Sister a grandma, grandad and auntie Mug! Easy :p

Wow you are so organised!

Oliver normally gets one big pressie and a stocking and then some clothes.

Baby will some small bits, depends on what he is doing. Oliver sat at 5 months so if baby is the same I will get some toys he can sit at.

Sounds horrid but everyone else will buy and we end up with so much stuff its not worth us spending the money... and he does get a lot through the year and so will baby.

We always get told off for the stuff we buy him all the time but I always say if we money its his. He is 3 and understands he doesnt get everything, his not spoilt :haha: sorry for the rant my mum told me off on sunday because we have bought him some more bits haha!

No I don't think it's horrid - I think it's true when they're really little, everyone just goes nuts :wacko:

I think a few bits from Mummy will be enough - we'll be at my parents anyway so my pressies will likely blend into insignificance with what those two and my sister will buy! Then when we get all the family round......I daren't think about putting it all into the car to come home :haha: still plenty of time to think of that.

This is my favourite toy - my work got me John Lewis vouchers as my leaving present so I am actually going to save them and use them up at Xmas instead of my savings!

It does say 12m but I think it will be ok from Xmas - it looks quite big.
https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-geometric-matching-boards/p231202131

No John Lewis round here - so it also means me & the little lady can go on a trip to Birmngham or Manchester for a nice day out later in the year.

wow xmas...nope haven't even thought about it yet :haha:. you're so right though not going OTT with what you buy, DS was sooo overwhelmed with both xmas and his 1st bday with all the stuff we got! we put loads away and randomly got it out through the year :). By this xmas and his 2nd bday he's getting 'presents' way more so was much more excited! this xmas will be even better :D.

Just been to Dr about my jaw, its like the joint is really aching, particularly at night, sadly she said what I thought that it might or might not be pregnancy related due to the relaxin hormones and only way of knowing will be if it goes away after baby is here :(, its driving me nuts, particularly at night though, just aches and keeps me awake :(.

Gonna go back on the pages and add the ladies to fb :) xx

Well jack and I slept in until 9:15, how good is that! :happydance:

I've got loads of wooden toys too, they are the best toys. All the battery powered plastic noisy toys get too much!! We have a few but I try and keep them to a minimum. Mind you now he's getting into Thomas the tank engine there's no hope! We do have a wooden track though.

There are no signs of baby coming anytime soon here!

Good luck sue and pink at your appointments this afternoon. Hope you have a bit more time to relax before your appointment today sue :haha:
I've done that before, I'm usually rushing out of work for my appts and I'm usually a hot sweaty mess when I get there! :dohh:

Hope your jaw stops aching soon. I have started to grind my teeth in my sleep!

I started my maternity leave yesterday or tomorrow cant remember :haha: but still no pay!

Kath i get hot and sweaty from just sitting in the waiting room. Im sure they try and melt you in there!

Kath i get hot and sweaty from just sitting in the waiting room. Im sure they try and melt you in there!

I know, then they worry when your blood pressure is slightly higher! :dohh:
I was just going to say I've sent you a friend request but you've just accepted :thumbup:

floating baby - Thank you :blush:I think it was probably a case of ignorance is bliss - If the breech was spotted earlier things probably would have gone differently. At least if it ever happens again, I would be able to argue the toss with the hospital staff and refuse to have a c-section unless medically necessary.

The boat sounds absolutely lovely, what a great way to spend time with your OH - enjoy every minute of it.

Libbysmum - Brownies sound yummy! I can't wait to get a kitchen back so we can bake things. Sorry to hear things are difficult with your OH - How much time is he entitled to take? Is there any reason why he doesn't want to take much time? 5 days doesn't sound like much at all.

pinkflowers/sue_88 - good luck for your midwife appointments,hope all goes well.

Sue - I haven't really thought much about xmas yet, but me & anon have had a brief chat about getting Ellie a stocking.

pink flowers - yey for starting maternity leave!

caro103 - hope your jaw gets better soon. I like your plan of putting some of xmas/birthday toys away and getting them out randomly, I think I may have to pinch that idea!

I wrote a lil' poem. I was bored lol

Two days before due date
and my womb is just aching
to expel this baby
(the one I've been baking)

My child however
has an opposite plan
to stay nice and comfy
until it's a man...

...or a lady of course
I'm really not sure
either way kid...