~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

From the (very little) I know about it I've heard it can come and go hun. You've still got few weeks left yet can you ask for another test in a couple of weeks?

I also think you can decline the IVs (you'd probably have to sign a medical waiver though)

So... my last midwife appointment I took the swab test for Group B strep. Today at my appointment, they told me I did test positive and will have to have antibiotics in labor via an IV. I'm crushed. Before this, they told me I would not need any IV or injections or anything because I am low risk. Now I will need an IV every 4 hours that I am at the hospital that take 30 minutes to drip. :cry: I am worried about the stress and anxiety that will come from this, as I do not do well in a hospital setting whatsover anyways. And needles/IVs really scare me. HELP.

Anyone else in the same boat with the +GBA?? Anyone had it in a prior pregnancy? If so, how did it go. I'm starting to panic.

We're you thinking about getting an epidural? If your waters break and there's any meconium in them, you get an epidural or any number of other things they'll give you an iv anyway so chances are high that you'd get hooked up at some point anyway. :( I was told I could have an active labour and when I got there I needed to be hooked up because of meconium in the amniotic fluid. I was gutted. But really... in so much pain/distraction it didn't really matter. What WAS annoying was that the put the canula in my hand (for the iv) on the same arm as the blood pressure cuff. Every time the pressure cuff activated it hurt like hell. Don't let them do that to you!!!

I don't have +GBA but it's good that they found out so you don't pass it on. Look into the antibiotic eye drops as well. They don't do them as standard in the UK (I'm having to decline them) but if you're GBA+ you might want to read up on them.

Sue - why did you take the tires off?? Is it necessary to fit in the boot? I'd lose my tiny nut if I had to do that every time! Just get a nice rubber mat for the trunk. Of course it does seem to have made bunny very happy, and that's important!!

as far as IV's go I had needles and stuff all over...both hands...think they even put one in my ankle and one point. It was hard for them to find a vein that was good cause I had such bad swelling with Libby. I ended up with an epidural with Libby too then csection cause she wasn't budging. It can be very disheartening and stressful...maybe it is best to know in advance what they will do...I had no idea and it was all very new and scary for me. This time round I feel slightly more prepared but gosh birth can be rough!

Sue - why did you take the tires off?? Is it necessary to fit in the boot? I'd lose my tiny nut if I had to do that every time! Just get a nice rubber mat for the trunk. Of course it does seem to have made bunny very happy, and that's important!!

It only just fits with the tyres but then the seat unit needs to sit on top and it the wheels are dirty the seat until will get dirty, so going to see how we go with taking the wheels off. They are only clip in clip out so really easy to remove.

So... my last midwife appointment I took the swab test for Group B strep. Today at my appointment, they told me I did test positive and will have to have antibiotics in labor via an IV. I'm crushed. Before this, they told me I would not need any IV or injections or anything because I am low risk. Now I will need an IV every 4 hours that I am at the hospital that take 30 minutes to drip. :cry: I am worried about the stress and anxiety that will come from this, as I do not do well in a hospital setting whatsover anyways. And needles/IVs really scare me. HELP.

Anyone else in the same boat with the +GBA?? Anyone had it in a prior pregnancy? If so, how did it go. I'm starting to panic.

We're you thinking about getting an epidural? If your waters break and there's any meconium in them, you get an epidural or any number of other things they'll give you an iv anyway so chances are high that you'd get hooked up at some point anyway. :( I was told I could have an active labour and when I got there I needed to be hooked up because of meconium in the amniotic fluid. I was gutted. But really... in so much pain/distraction it didn't really matter. What WAS annoying was that the put the canula in my hand (for the iv) on the same arm as the blood pressure cuff. Every time the pressure cuff activated it hurt like hell. Don't let them do that to you!!!

I don't have +GBA but it's good that they found out so you don't pass it on. Look into the antibiotic eye drops as well. They don't do them as standard in the UK (I'm having to decline them) but if you're GBA+ you might want to read up on them.

I was planning on a medication-free water birth :/ I definitely will ask them to not put the blood pressure cuff on the same arm!! I will have to look into the eye ointment. Harumph... I was planning on signing the waiver to decline it. I really wanted an all natural birth. But his health comes first for sure... It's just scary.

I have to take the wheels off as well, didnt even think about when they were muddy :dohh:

I had to take the wheels off my pushchair too, was a bit annoying but only takes a minute.

To you that have kiddies already, how long were your LOs in their cot?
I'm in a quandary as jack is still in his cot and has made no attempt to get out yet, I've got him a cot bed but Im reserved to use it as he sleeps so well at the moment and don't want to cause disruption to him when baby arrives. He's currently sleeping 12+ hours so would love it to stay that way for a few months. The idea was then jack would be in the cot bed and baby can go in his cot once he's grown out of Moses basket. So jack will be 2yrs and 3 months. Do you think he'll be likely grown out of his cot by then?

I'm wondering whether I need to buy another cot?
Any thoughts/ideas?
P,s the cot bed hasn't got the sides, I was given it by a friend, in new condition so once he's in the cot bed it will be a bed without sides! :wacko:

I had to take the wheels off my pushchair too, was a bit annoying but only takes a minute.

I'm in a quandary as jack is still in his cot and has made no attempt to get out yet, I've got him a cot bed but Im reserved to use it as he sleeps so well at the moment and don't want to cause disruption to him when baby arrives. He's currently sleeping 12+ hours so would love it to stay that way for a few months. The idea was then jack would be in the cot bed and baby can go in his cot once he's grown out of Moses basket. So jack will be 2yrs and 3 months. Do you think he'll be likely grown out of his cot by then?

Any thoughts/ideas?
P,s the cot bed hasn't got the sides, I was given it by a friend, in new condition so once he's in the cot bed it will be a bed without sides! :wacko:

Oliver went into his bed at 14 months, I bought a bed guard i think it made him feel like he was still in the cot sort of, then when we moved here when he was 2 we took it off.

This baby is going straight into a cot bed as we bought Oliver a full sized bed.

I NEED Marmite!

Hey ladies... How is everyone doing today?

Love the poem Alice!

Sorry your GBS came back positive MotherEarth... Mine was negative, but my sister's was positive, so she had to have the IV put in. She ended up being induced due to PUPPPS rash, high urine protein, and high blood pressure,so she had an IV anyway.

Your bunny looks awfully happy in that box Sue!

AFM... I had my 39 week appointment today. STILL measuring 1.5cm and 50% effaced... 3rd week in a row! So my OB gave me a membrane sweep today. It hurt, but it wasn't as painful as I expected. Had one loose stool since then and a couple cramps, so here's hoping baby decides to make an appearance soon! My OB wants to discuss induction at my next appointment if I haven't gone yet. Fingers crossed that I won't have to deal with that decision. :flower:

I was going to make a july sunbeams facebook group but I dont know how to make a secret one :haha:

Hey ladies... How is everyone doing today?

Love the poem Alice!

Sorry your GBS came back positive MotherEarth... Mine was negative, but my sister's was positive, so she had to have the IV put in. She ended up being induced due to PUPPPS rash, high urine protein, and high blood pressure,so she had an IV anyway.

Your bunny looks awfully happy in that box Sue!

AFM... I had my 39 week appointment today. STILL measuring 1.5cm and 50% effaced... 3rd week in a row! So my OB gave me a membrane sweep today. It hurt, but it wasn't as painful as I expected. Had one loose stool since then and a couple cramps, so here's hoping baby decides to make an appearance soon! My OB wants to discuss induction at my next appointment if I haven't gone yet. Fingers crossed that I won't have to deal with that decision. :flower:

I'm in the same exact position as you, was 1.5 cm yesterday and doc did a sweep for me. Today I've also had cramping and nasty brown discharge (sorry tmi!) Here's to hoping these babies show up on their own soon!

Any thoughts/ideas?

Jessie went straight from our bed to a queen size bed around 2 and half. So it's feasible he could go into the cot bed BUT what you don't really want to do is make any drastic changes for Jack either right before or right after the baby is born... I've heard it can trigger a lot of regression. If you haven't transfered him over yet you might need to get another cot for the new babe. That said - you know your own kid better than us! You can try setting up the cot bed and seeing how well he takes to it...

(honestly - I wouldn't mess with 12+ hours of sleep a night right as a new baby is arriving. The price of a new crib would be worth it. OR see if you know anyone you can just borrow one from for a few months.)

Any thoughts/ideas?

Jessie went straight from our bed to a queen size bed around 2 and half. So it's feasible he could go into the cot bed BUT what you don't really want to do is make any drastic changes for Jack either right before or right after the baby is born... I've heard it can trigger a lot of regression. If you haven't transfered him over yet you might need to get another cot for the new babe. That said - you know your own kid better than us! You can try setting up the cot bed and seeing how well he takes to it...

(honestly - I wouldn't mess with 12+ hours of sleep a night right as a new baby is arriving. The price of a new crib would be worth it. OR see if you know anyone you can just borrow one from for a few months.)

That's exactly my thoughts! I would pay any price for jack to keep sleeping :haha: we should have done it earlier really but I think until we need to move him we won't. I also have heard that it can cause regression as baby will be sleeping in HIS bed and I certainly don't want that either. Im worried if we try and it doesn't work well there's no going back!!

I have made a group :) I have added who I have on my facebook. And I think you can add who you want, oh and its closed x

Kath's my DS is still in his cotbed! (with sides) he climbed out once ages ago but now never tries, I've bought a crib for the baby so will last until about xmas time as much bigger than the moses basket which their out of in weeks! Hoping by xmas when he'll be few months off 3 he'll be more than ready for a full sized single (with a bed side) and the baby can have his bed :)

Sue, sorry the apt didn't go so well, I don't get why they're particularly concerned atm though! try not to let it stress you hun!

becca, glad the carpal tunnel is a bit better.

Right I need to go to bed, was up for hours last night for no reason :( xx

Alice great poem! I can relate to it so much. I'm always being asked if I have twins and if not it must be a big healthy boy or "healthy like momma" to which I'm like screw you baby is measuring perfectly!!
Sorry about the +GBS. I had an IV during my labor since I was induced and it really wasn't that bad. They made sure to put it in a spot that still allowed mobility and I just walked around pulling it.
You ladies are so lucky getting so close! My contractions are picking up but not to where I'm concerned about labor. Baby engages and disengages frequently.
Today I've been so tired I can barely keep my eyes open! Literally almost fell asleep while Rosie was coloring. I also ate half a pan (with Rosie) of brownies because I read it while catching up on the thread.
I've folded laundry and am trying to get dishes done but they aren't all getting done today. I had awful insomnia last night and I just can't function. I've had such a short fuse with Rosie today I feel terrible!
They may be offering induction since if labor starts it could be so quick and in the US doctors aren't so comfortable with home birth and they really want to make sure you're in the hospital. They tried to induce my sister because her first labor was so fast (1.5 hrs)
For those I haven't added yet my email is [email protected] and my pic is Rosie and I.

Argh - these new adds on BnB are super annoying, right?

Libby's - too bad your DH is giving you a hard time. Mine is the opposite and doesn't want to work at all!! We are off together right now and Mat pay hasn't kicked in yet... so I'm crossing my fingers it comes through soon!
motherearth - so sorry about your positive test :nope: that sucks. I would try to accept it and every time you feel the stress rising just acknowledge it then let it go. Know that many many women have gone through the exact same thing - maybe find a support forum for women with +strepB. You can do it :thumbup:
Alice - thanks for the fun poem! Hopefully baby gets the message :baby:

I also had my appt today - lots of us, eh! @ 38+2. Everything seemed good, I asked about the loose stools and she said it was normal. She offered me an internal but I declined and there was no issue.
She said baby feels engaged, that she can barely feel it's head (at the base of my uterus) and I was like REALLY?! b/c I am still feeling kicks super high in my ribs and I don't feel pelvic pressure like I thought an engaged baby was supposed to feel... Either way it didn't seem like an issue. Sue, hope your mw's sort it out and don't worry you anymore! I have heard it's perfectly normal for babies to wait until the last minute to engage :hugs:

My night on the boat was OK. My ribs were killing me so it was hard to get comfortable, then at 3am DH set up the pillows so I could sleep in a reclining position. bleh. So glad I don't have to get up and go to work or anything. We had a lazy morning, he made breaky and we are now at the library hanging out, off to my folk's for dinner then our final prenatal class and hospital tour tonight!

I know that many of you have been cleaning and nesting like crazy - but it just has not hit me yet! Waiting waiting waiting. But I wonder if the fact that I am not in my own house (at mums and on the boat) has anything to do with it. Not my space... you know?

I dreamed I was itching my belly and lifted my shirt and looked in the mirror and it was COVERED in angry red stretch marks! :haha: Just 11 more days (or so) and I may get away without any... :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->