~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Hello all, I'm getting a bit confused where I'm posting now lol.

Counting you sound really poorly, I didn't think she should have brushed you off that easily, you shouldn't swell THAT much surely :wacko: when I rang the hospital about lack of movement the other day that was one of the things she asked about! hope you feel better soon x

June, glad you are home, I'm not surprised you're emotional. I hope you all settle soon. Glad Emma is being a good girl for you! How is your son with her?

I've got to go to work this afternoon and really can't be bothered! It's so hot and my feet hurt. Doesn't help I work at the end of a long pier, it's a long old walk. Sometimes I wish I had a mobility scooter to wizz up and down on :haha:

The kids come back home today. My parents have been taking care of them since my prodromal labor started and we were finally released yesterday with our baby girl :) they visited the hospital the day she was born and he kept missing her head, it was so cute!

Thanks all for your concern. I was a little peeved that the nurse blew me off(My mom who I called and talked to afterwards was REALLY angry, and my husband didn't know what to think.). Feet are still swelled, but the swelling HAS gone down- probably because I've been laying in bed with pillows under my feet, except to get up for the bathroom, for 16 hours as that seems to be the only way to even remotely calm the swelling. I do feel much better now though stomach wise. Last night between throwing up and going to the toilet I don't think I had anything left in my digestive tract, and I was able to eat some toast this morning with water and a few other bits. I only feel a bit sick which is good I think.

I may head out and get my blood pressure taken or something though, just to be safe. Though I really dread heading out in the rain and slogging to the drug store.

Hope all you other ladies are well.:hugs:

Let's try this again (as first go deleted on me):

Yesterday my feet and legs swelled up so much it was actually scary and I couldn't really stand/walk on them. I also go extremely nauseous and was vomiting and had (sorry tmi) really bad diarrhea. SO sick I could hardly move. Called L&D to find out what they thought and the nurse told me "everyone" was swelling because of the heat and not to worry, and that the sickness was probably unrelated to pregnancy so just wait it out.

Luckily I am feeling a bit better this morning, after laying in bed in a bra and panties with a fan for over 12 hours. Not throwing up anymore which is good. At least I see the doctor on Thursday.

Yikes, sounds so brutal :nope: Where are you in Canada where it is so hot??!!

Scan fine here! Baby average weight and fluid normal. Scan lasted about 2 minutes!!! Now been sat for nearly an hour waiting to see the doctor :dohh:

It really is no wonder I have absolutely no desire to give birth in my hospital though, place is like a bloody zoo!!! Kids running about all over, dads pushing prams into tables, people screaming. No! Thanks!

Scan fine here! Baby average weight and fluid normal. Scan lasted about 2 minutes!!! Now been sat for nearly an hour waiting to see the doctor :dohh:

It really is no wonder I have absolutely no desire to give birth in my hospital though, place is like a bloody zoo!!! Kids running about all over, dads pushing prams into tables, people screaming. No! Thanks!

LOL sounds like a mad house. Glad the scan went well!

I actually like my OBs office. (The do all the scans etc in office so I don't need to head up to the hospital) My normal wait time in the lobby is less than 5 minutes and never more than 15 or 20 in the exam room... unless I have Jessa with me then it feels like eons.

I'm trying to get our room clean today since that's where the baby will be and all the company is liable to be trekked up here (specially since the sofa might not be here yet!) keep getting distracted though....

hope they give you some answers soon sue.

I have added everyone that requested on the fb group. going to try and set it so everyone can accept people x

Just wanted to share my 35+2 bump pic

Attachments

• IMG_20130626_090040_384.jpg
    IMG_20130626_090040_384.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 3
quick update- was still feeling off and nauseous, checked my blood pressure. 3 readings, with breaks and arm rested in between: 146/96, 146/93, 167/107. So I'm off to the hospital to get checked. My feet actually look much less swelled(But I have been resting them for over 18 hours, so the fact they show improvement is a good thing I would think.

(Oh, BTW I am in Eastern Canada, it was 33 at the hottest place and point I was yesterday, though I spent most of the day in an air conditioned car and wasn't out in the sun.)

Counting, Definitely keep us posted! Hope your BP goes down with rest. My feet weren't too swollen when I went in that day they decided to induce me. But my BP was up 160's/100. They tried to let me rest to see if it would take it down and it didn't so they assumed preeclampsia and induced. Good luck!

Those that tested positive for GBS, Yes it is an additional IV. I had my test the day they admitted me so we didn't even have time to get the results back. So they went on and gave me antibiotics anyways just to be safe. I ended up with magnesium, the antibiotics for GBS, potassium, regular saline, and I think one or two others hooked into my IV. I pray that no one else has to go through that many things!! It's crazy!

I'd like to be a part of the FB group! My name on there is Cindy Hilt, might be easier to look up my email though of [email protected]

I have my 36 week appt today..Does anyone know if having your cervix checked can send you into labor? i have to work tomorrow and friday and monday before this baby can come!! i'm hoping they dont want to do a cervix check today and will wait until next week but at the same time i'm curious if i'm dilated more than a fingertip since thats what i was last week!

ive been extremely uncomfortable especially at work, sitting straight up and down is killing me cuz i think she dropped so theres more pressure i'm just hoping i can make it through these 3 more work days!!

Counting, so glad you are going in! Good luck and keep us updated.

MissFox, your picture is beautiful! I have been naughty about taking pics, forgot to last week.

Sue, hope you've gotten some answers!

Tlh, I dunno, I would think only if they stripped membranes but first timer here is unsure lol. You could always decline it this week though to be safe. I know my Dr only does internals if I request it or there is a medical need. You're almost done! :happydance:

counting - glad you are getting checked.

In the USA are you routinely checked for GBS? we only get checked if we have strange discharge.

Thl - I have had my cervix poked and prodded a few times because of my cervical erosion, the most that might happen is if they use a speculum it can cause spotting. x

No answers t give by consultant. She was like :huh: why are you here?!

Everything completely as it should be and to continue normal care :shrug:

Just think my MW is making sure she's 100% comfortable with everything before birth, I phoned here & she seems happy now!

No answers t give by consultant. She was like :huh: why are you here?!

Everything completely as it should be and to continue normal care :shrug:

Just think my MW is making sure she's 100% comfortable with everything before birth, I phoned here & she seems happy now!

is she quite a new mw? my one I had last time had just trained and she sent me for so much extra stuff that wasn't needed because I was one of her first ladies.

I was just thinking I have only seen my assigned mw 3 times at the most, they don't do rotations at the hospital so she wont be at the birth. The next time I will see her is my 38 week appointment if I make it to then. Just worries me because I have had so many different ones no one will listen to me about the quick labour and I have this nasty feeling about it. :nope:

quick update- was still feeling off and nauseous, checked my blood pressure. 3 readings, with breaks and arm rested in between: 146/96, 146/93, 167/107. So I'm off to the hospital to get checked. My feet actually look much less swelled(But I have been resting them for over 18 hours, so the fact they show improvement is a good thing I would think.

(Oh, BTW I am in Eastern Canada, it was 33 at the hottest place and point I was yesterday, though I spent most of the day in an air conditioned car and wasn't out in the sun.)

Definitely go in!!! Those readings are too high to ignore, I really hope it's just the heat and stress but better safe than sorry.

tlh97990 - sometimes they do the Strep B test at 36 weeks... and do a cervix check at the same time, but I'm sure you could ask them to defer it to next week

Pink - it's a normal check. Everyone has to have it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->