~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

My Facebook is under Pip Giblin and my profile pic is 3 pairs of socks :haha: if you can invite me to the group?

Alice I love the poem!

I just got my GBS swab today. Guess I will get results at next weeks appt. Mother Earth I can understand the worry of an IV if you were hoping for a water birth :hugs:

Having some pretty intense contractions but still can't seem to get them in a regular pattern :wacko:

Proud I been cramping all night on and off...just wiped myself and there was a lot of mucus...ewww tmi!
Still no regular contractions here! Waiting it out! Took DD to Macdonalds for a play and pancakes. She loved it.
Thanks for the facebook group! I wouldn't know how to start a group lol

We are finally home :) been a bit emotional...I was the same way when my son was born. I will write a birth story when things get settled and I can find some time. I will also post some pictures then of our sweet Emma <3 she is such a good baby and I love her more than words can express <3

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

edited

Please read the forum rules

You may not link to third party forums, chatrooms, competing pregnancy/parenting resources, competing groups/pages or unapproved social networking Web Sites (Example: Formspring.me. The only approved sites at this time for personal pages only are: Facebook, Twitter, Bebo, YouTube, Myspace).

Let's try this again (as first go deleted on me):

Yesterday my feet and legs swelled up so much it was actually scary and I couldn't really stand/walk on them. I also go extremely nauseous and was vomiting and had (sorry tmi) really bad diarrhea. SO sick I could hardly move. Called L&D to find out what they thought and the nurse told me "everyone" was swelling because of the heat and not to worry, and that the sickness was probably unrelated to pregnancy so just wait it out.

Luckily I am feeling a bit better this morning, after laying in bed in a bra and panties with a fan for over 12 hours. Not throwing up anymore which is good. At least I see the doctor on Thursday.

Oooooh Counting, that sounds terrible! I'm glad you are feeling better today! With any luck it won't get so hot anymore and you won't have to deal with all that swelling again... Seems like you got a bit blown off though for something that sounds fairly serious?

Pink Flowers, thanks for the link to facebook... I put in my join request. Jenna Kay Weis Clark is my screen name.

Counting that sounds scary. I can't believe the nurse would just blow you off like that! I would def file a complaint about that.

Pink sadly once again the contractions went no where. I was thinking and hoping it was it because any gosh they were painful. I couldn't even talk through them but then layed down with dd to put her to bed and they pretty much disappeared :shrug: I'm starting to think this baby isn't ever coming out :haha:

Hello all, I'm getting a bit confused where I'm posting now lol.

Counting you sound really poorly, I didn't think she should have brushed you off that easily, you shouldn't swell THAT much surely :wacko: when I rang the hospital about lack of movement the other day that was one of the things she asked about! hope you feel better soon x

June, glad you are home, I'm not surprised you're emotional. I hope you all settle soon. Glad Emma is being a good girl for you! How is your son with her?

I've got to go to work this afternoon and really can't be bothered! It's so hot and my feet hurt. Doesn't help I work at the end of a long pier, it's a long old walk. Sometimes I wish I had a mobility scooter to wizz up and down on :haha:

Look what I made for the boot of my car........it's when the wheels come off the pram & they're all manky! Quite impressed!! Just sliced the base off the Baby Swing box, and the top half of the box I donated to Button as a new toy!! Haha

https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/sue_881/0BBBF708-2718-4CB9-9605-778C7B84E04C-641-000000E5D2C78F4B_zpsb4cd9a02.jpg

https://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q693/sue_881/CABECF9E-AE87-4923-950E-99630B237D81-641-000000E6634DDCD0_zpscdaa0d8f.jpg

That's great! I have to take 1 wheel off my stroller to get it in the trunk too. In Canada small cars aren't as popular so my friends and family think its ridiculous!

Let's try this again (as first go deleted on me):

Yesterday my feet and legs swelled up so much it was actually scary and I couldn't really stand/walk on them. I also go extremely nauseous and was vomiting and had (sorry tmi) really bad diarrhea. SO sick I could hardly move. Called L&D to find out what they thought and the nurse told me "everyone" was swelling because of the heat and not to worry, and that the sickness was probably unrelated to pregnancy so just wait it out.

Luckily I am feeling a bit better this morning, after laying in bed in a bra and panties with a fan for over 12 hours. Not throwing up anymore which is good. At least I see the doctor on Thursday.

No no no!! That is NOT okay!! Swelling that much that fast is something they definitely want to see you in for!! Mine made me go to the emergency room because I wasn't close enough to the office. If the swelling hasn't gone down - go in. Also see if you can get you bp taken at a drugstore or something.

Pre-eclampsia is serious and they should be more concerned!

So... my last midwife appointment I took the swab test for Group B strep. Today at my appointment, they told me I did test positive and will have to have antibiotics in labor via an IV. I'm crushed. Before this, they told me I would not need any IV or injections or anything because I am low risk. Now I will need an IV every 4 hours that I am at the hospital that take 30 minutes to drip. :cry: I am worried about the stress and anxiety that will come from this, as I do not do well in a hospital setting whatsover anyways. And needles/IVs really scare me. HELP.

Anyone else in the same boat with the +GBA?? Anyone had it in a prior pregnancy? If so, how did it go. I'm starting to panic.

I am positive too, and felt the same way. My sister had it with her first child and said it was no big deal! Hopefully we feel the same!

Proud - rubbish!!! I was hoping your next post was going to be a baby post!!! :brat: :brat:

Counting - I am also sorry to that you got blown off by the nurse, that just doesn't sound right. Especially with the sickness & pooping. Fingers crossed for your appointment on Thurs but if it gets bad again, I say don't ring and just head in. :flower:

Kath I get confused too :haha:

Yay for being home with baby Emma June!!! Pleased to hear she is a dream :D

Thanks Tonya - super easy to 'make'. Just random box with bottom sliced off. I have since weather proofed it by taping a bin liner to the inside and then decorated the outside with some colourful paper - I am such a goon :dohh: haha but it now looks nice :haha:

I feel really shaky and off again today! Bleugh had some yoghurts and a fruit bar so hopefully it will pass quick.

Leaving now to head to my appointment at the hospital with the Supervisor of Midwives.

Fingers crossed it all goes well - will update later on today xx

So... my last midwife appointment I took the swab test for Group B strep. Today at my appointment, they told me I did test positive and will have to have antibiotics in labor via an IV. I'm crushed. Before this, they told me I would not need any IV or injections or anything because I am low risk. Now I will need an IV every 4 hours that I am at the hospital that take 30 minutes to drip. :cry: I am worried about the stress and anxiety that will come from this, as I do not do well in a hospital setting whatsover anyways. And needles/IVs really scare me. HELP.

Anyone else in the same boat with the +GBA?? Anyone had it in a prior pregnancy? If so, how did it go. I'm starting to panic.

I am positive too, and felt the same way. My sister had it with her first child and said it was no big deal! Hopefully we feel the same!

i would go in and get checked! I moved from Ireland to Texas and its HOT AS HELL here and humid 100% humidity and been as hot as 37C in the last few weeks and I havent swelled once! getting to 20C isnt going to cause that much swelling!

I was hoping too sue but apparently my body just likes to play jokes. Back to the ball I suppose :shrug: maybe if I just sit back and do nothing she will come :dohh:

Good luck at your appt hope all goes well!

I put in a request for the facebook group...Mandy Lieb. :)

June, so glad you and Emma are home and that she is doing so well! Can't wait to hear all about her :D I hope you are well also!

Counting, I agree with the others, that is crazy scary and I can't believe you were blown off like that! I'm glad you are feeling better :)

I have not gotten my results for GBS...I have an appt tomorrow so my fingers are crossed that the results are good (I had the swab last week). For those who got positive results, so sorry! It sounds like they make the IV mobile so that is good.

Alice, I love your poem!!! I have no creative talent whatsoever lol. It gave me a good laugh :)

Sue, your bunny is so cute, I can't stand it! My car is a hatchback so the stroller fits fairly easily. Thank goodness, our trips to visit family would be miserable if not! We always come back with way too much after Christmas, oh boy that will be times a million this year. And speaking of Christmas, wow you are organized!!! My aunt is that way also. She usually has Christmas done 6 months in advance. I don't know how she does it! She bakes so much around the holidays though that she would never have time to do shopping then too. Good luck at your appt!

Proud, I thought I'd wake up and see you had your baby also! I feel your pain right now. I hope both of our tricky little babies decide to come out soon!

As for me, I've had near constant contractions since Sunday still. They are driving me crazy :haha: I keep thinking something will happen! They are getting more painful now but still not regular in timing. I couldn't fall asleep last night because of them and this morning I woke up to a really painful one. Since that I've had a few tightenings/cramps but nothing painful like the first one.

Here's hoping we have some babies born today! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"