~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I have my 36 week appt today..Does anyone know if having your cervix checked can send you into labor? i have to work tomorrow and friday and monday before this baby can come!! i'm hoping they dont want to do a cervix check today and will wait until next week but at the same time i'm curious if i'm dilated more than a fingertip since thats what i was last week!

ive been extremely uncomfortable especially at work, sitting straight up and down is killing me cuz i think she dropped so theres more pressure i'm just hoping i can make it through these 3 more work days!!

It's not gonna send you into labor unless your body is ready for it. I've had 3 checks since 37 weeks and nada. I did have some light spotting after my last check but nothing serious. You can always decline the check this week if you would feel more comfortable though.

The swab tests are unreliable and because it's naturally present in everyone, an infection can come and go throughtout life, includng during pregnancy. So a negative test might then be positive at birth (there's no re-test routinely), and a positive test can cause unecessary worry because it can be back to negative by birth.

Only 1 in 2000 babies will develop an infection after being exposed to GBS

:flower:

No answers t give by consultant. She was like :huh: why are you here?!

Everything completely as it should be and to continue normal care :shrug:

Just think my MW is making sure she's 100% comfortable with everything before birth, I phoned here & she seems happy now!

is she quite a new mw? my one I had last time had just trained and she sent me for so much extra stuff that wasn't needed because I was one of her first ladies.

I was just thinking I have only seen my assigned mw 3 times at the most, they don't do rotations at the hospital so she wont be at the birth. The next time I will see her is my 38 week appointment if I make it to then. Just worries me because I have had so many different ones no one will listen to me about the quick labour and I have this nasty feeling about it. :nope:

No, she's been a MW for years - including travelling round the Middle East and delivering babies there :shrug:

If you make it to 38 weeks - get her to right it in your notes. Could you call her and just ask for a quick 5 mins with her so she can write something in your notes for you?

Just think my MW is making sure she's 100% comfortable with everything before birth, I phoned here & she seems happy now!

is she quite a new mw? my one I had last time had just trained and she sent me for so much extra stuff that wasn't needed because I was one of her first ladies.

I was just thinking I have only seen my assigned mw 3 times at the most, they don't do rotations at the hospital so she wont be at the birth. The next time I will see her is my 38 week appointment if I make it to then. Just worries me because I have had so many different ones no one will listen to me about the quick labour and I have this nasty feeling about it. :nope:

No, she's been a MW for years - including travelling round the Middle East and delivering babies there :shrug:

If you make it to 38 weeks - get her to right it in your notes. Could you call her and just ask for a quick 5 mins with her so she can write something in your notes for you?

She wont, she thinks I imagined the whole birth :dohh: As we moved 65 miles from where I had Oliver she wont get my notes either. :nope: I just hope to god nothing happens because she won't listen to me.

Also my notes are in a folder, they have a bit for a birth plan, I don't have a birth plan as such just bits I do and don't want. like no pethidine, the bit for the birth plan has boxes to write in, no one has said to do it or not... at the end of it says discussed with.... Would you just do it and then get her to look if I see her again?

I don't understand why your mw is so worried then. It seemed like a lot of fuss for nothing.

She wont, she thinks I imagined the whole birth :dohh: As we moved 65 miles from where I had Oliver she wont get my notes either. :nope: I just hope to god nothing happens because she won't listen to me.

Also my notes are in a folder, they have a bit for a birth plan, I don't have a birth plan as such just bits I do and don't want. like no pethidine, the bit for the birth plan has boxes to write in, no one has said to do it or not... at the end of it says discussed with.... Would you just do it and then get her to look if I see her again?

I don't understand why your mw is so worried then. It seemed like a lot of fuss for nothing.

Definitely do it! Even if you don't see it at least it is written down and you can show your MW when you go in to deliver. Get OH to sign it when you arrive at the hospital in labour :rofl:

Urgh wonder why she wont listen to you. Well when you think "this is it" get straight on the phone and tell L&D about Oliver and at least ask to go in to be checked. Or just go in anyway....better to go in 5 / 6 times then have the baby on the back seat!! (No one wants placenta juice on the upholstery!!)

Definitely do it! Even if you don't see it at least it is written down and you can show your MW when you go in to deliver. Get OH to sign it when you arrive at the hospital in labour :rofl:

Urgh wonder why she wont listen to you. Well when you think "this is it" get straight on the phone and tell L&D about Oliver and at least ask to go in to be checked. Or just go in anyway....better to go in 5 / 6 times then have the baby on the back seat!! (No one wants placenta juice on the upholstery!!)

I know OH wouldn't be happy with that its a brand new car :rofl:

Mines brand new too................I sit on a very large towel that has been folded to be about 3 inch thick.................aint no water getting through that!!! :rofl:

Well this baby is officially a pain in the bum! Had to go to the doctor today with piles (sorry if tmi) apparently they are very bad, if no better by Friday I will have to see a surgon who will decide if they need to induce baby so that they can operate on them!!! Either way it's looking like I will need an operation on them after I have baby. Never realised they could be soooo painful. Can't sit down, lie down or walk!!

Pink and sue your conversations always make me laugh :haha: my dh has said that we won't be taking his car because he doesn't want my water to break in it so we will take my car however I try to tell him his logic makes no sense considering his seats are leather and mine are not :dohh: men :haha:

I need someone to give me a magic "get this baby out formula"! I'm so done! Cleaned the house, went to town got some groceries did some walking, been bouncing on my ball like crazy, and dh and I have dtd several times trying to get the ball rolling and what do I have to show for my effort? Swollen feet and a still very pregnant belly :dohh: I guess I'm just baffled that I am so far dilated and still nothing :shrug: thinking I'm gonna have a stubborn little one on my hands :haha: guess she's just very comfy!

Think we've all got super comfy babies!!

I've made plans for tomorrow seen as how madam is being stubborn haha, blood test in morning which I'll walk too then I'm off to see my friend from antenatal who's had her baby girl :happydance: !!!

Although, slight quandary.......I've never held a newborn, ever (didn't hold my goddaughter till she was 4mo!). And now I'm so close to getting my baby girl I definitely want her to be the first, how do I go about avoiding holding the baby tomorrow? I can't wait to see her & stroke her little hands/feet but don't want to hold her. I'm pretty sure I've already told my friend about my lack of newborn experience just not sure if she'll remember.

Would you be offended if I say I didn't want to hold baby just yet?

No not at all. Maybe she won't even offer and you won't have to worry about it but of she does just be honest and say that you want Millie to be the first newborn you hold. It's totally different holding someone else newborn and your own though. There's a much deeper sense of comfort when you are holding your own baby :) I remember with dd I was so nervous because I didn't know anything about babies but it really did all just come naturally. It was pretty awesome.

I'm not sure I'm that nervous yet lol.

It's just I know I definitely want my first newborn contact to be Millie as now I'm so close.

Yeah you might be right about not offering, baby was 5 weeks early and has only been home just over a week so she might not offer hold.

I'll just be honest if it comes up, I'll happily hold any baby in a few weeks but my girl now needs to be the first :D

I would just say to people I don't do other peoples children. :haha: Oliver was the first new born I held, my cousin had twins 8 weeks before he was born and I managed to get out of holding them.

I am really hungry but don't know what I want. And this monster is trying to push my hip out of place!

I had a well lush steak stir fry with loads of green veggies & blackbean source (can you tell I'm making sure my iron level is ok for blood draw tomorrow :haha: ) then i had 5 Jaffa cakes. I'm now wanting something else but have cleaned my teeth & just drinking water! Lol

So I just got sprung from the hospital. When I went in, my BP was 150/103, so much too high. Monitored baby and I for over an hour, and luckily the little guy seems ok with everything so far. They retested my blood pressure and it was down to 139/90, so much less dangerous so they considered me "stabilized" for now even though it is still high. One doctor wanted to keep me in hospital, but senior doctor said I was stable enough to go home as long as nothing worsens overnight. I have also started throwing protein in my urine, so they aren't happy about that. They are talking that I may have preeclampsia, but said they don't want to deliver right now if they don't have to as I am just term.

They have booked me with fetal assessments at 11am tomorrow morning for an ultrasound to make sure that baby is doing ok with the blood pressure and everything(not restricting blood flow). I then have a doctors appointment at 2:40 where they are going to check my blood pressure and my doctor is going to make the call on if they will deliver the baby now, put me on medication or hospitalize me until the birth(being the three most likely options). They did say there is a good chance I won't be leaving the hospital after my appointment tomorrow though, unless by some miracle my blood pressure is normal and I stop throwing protein. Until tomorrow I'm not allowed to leave bed except to use the bathroom though. Fun stuff :(

ETA: Doctor also mentioned I was hyper reflexive to another doctor, didn't know what it meant, but I guess it can be a symptom of high blood pressure. Fun.

I had ham, egg, chips and beans nom nom!

I fancy a mcflurry again but I cant stand the thought of being ill again :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->