~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Glad you've been in to be checked counting. Hoping baby doesn't need to make an appearance just yet then, glad they are taking the concerns seriously though. Definitely got the markers for pre-e. fingers crossed for your appts tomorrow x

My spelling is awful tonight !!!

I caved........eating wine gums and some Panda Liquorice.

*slurp*

Definitely need some more labour sweets!!! Ha

They were yummy, I only had a few in a small dish. Now I need to make sure I don't fall asleep before finding the motivation to get up & re-do my teeth.

My rhinitis is also really flared up tonight!! I can't breath!

Well this baby is officially a pain in the bum! Had to go to the doctor today with piles (sorry if tmi) apparently they are very bad, if no better by Friday I will have to see a surgon who will decide if they need to induce baby so that they can operate on them!!! Either way it's looking like I will need an operation on them after I have baby. Never realised they could be soooo painful. Can't sit down, lie down or walk!!

Oooh... Sorry Alanna! That sounds awful and it doesn't sound like you have a way to get comfortable either. I hope the doctors can take care of them!

Think we've all got super comfy babies!!

I've made plans for tomorrow seen as how madam is being stubborn haha, blood test in morning which I'll walk too then I'm off to see my friend from antenatal who's had her baby girl :happydance: !!!

Although, slight quandary.......I've never held a newborn, ever (didn't hold my goddaughter till she was 4mo!). And now I'm so close to getting my baby girl I definitely want her to be the first, how do I go about avoiding holding the baby tomorrow? I can't wait to see her & stroke her little hands/feet but don't want to hold her. I'm pretty sure I've already told my friend about my lack of newborn experience just not sure if she'll remember.

Would you be offended if I say I didn't want to hold baby just yet?

Sue, I would just be honest if she does offer... Now that you've made it this far, it would be super special for your little one to be the first baby you've held.

Counting, I hope everything goes well as your appointment tomorrow!

As for me, been having lots of BH today and even a few that were uncomfortable, so maybe early labor is in the cards! My OB says she has about a 50% success rate with membrane strips (for every 2 women she strips, 1 of them goes into labor in less than 5 days). I've been doing some ball bouncing and walking and I'm losing pieces of plug with blood in them, so here's hoping baby decides to make his/her arrival soon!

home from my appt now..i asked if they could determine baby's position assuming they would palpate my belly but she was like sure we'll do a quick ultrasound. it was a pleasant surprise!! baby is head down! i let her check my cervix and i went from a fingertip last wednesday to 2cm today and 50% effaced!! i was concerned about leaking waters even though i thought it was just normal discharge and she said when she pushed the baby's head she slams it right back down to my pelvis and no fluids were coming so its def not my waters thankfully..she's guessing this baby is already pushing 8 lbs so if i dont go on my own at 39 weeks they will induce so i can still have a vaginal delivery..im confident she'll come on her own right around 38-39 weeks so hopefully it wont go to induction! i def. dont want to go over though!!

So glad they're going to keep an eye on things Counting! At least you're far enough along that if something does progress everybody should be fine. A friend of mine had pre-eclampsia and deliver 11 weeks early (her little girl is 3 and perfect now though!)

Alannadee - all I can think of is... oh my owwwww! I had crazy hemorrhoids after my last delivery, so much so the midwife commented on them... I didn't even know that's what it was... I thought it was some kind of weird skin from episotomy! Thankfully they went back down in a couple weeks. Lots of lavender and milk baths. It was recommended both for the stitches and the piles. A few drops of lavender oil and a cup of whole milk in the tub helps.

Got my bloodwork back from yesterday. Platelets are still low but over 100! hurray! 106 to be exact. Took 3 days of steroids to go from 96 to 106 though... so I'm worried the hematologist might want to give me a shot. I just don't love the idea of all these extra drugs in my system. :( I've stopped taking them and I'm supposed to start again on the 1st... hopefully baby agrees to wait to make a debut until I start taking them again. It's true what that say though. Those bloody pills upped my heartburn AND made me hungry. I'm still riding the snack train it threw me on. Trying to monitor myself but the box of vanilla wafers next to me says that I'm failing.

Oh you guys have reminded me.. I haven't made my "snack pack" for the hospital yet. Last time it was the only they that saved me in the middle of the night, all by myself, strapped to an iv in a bed with bars! I managed to wrangle it out of my backpack so my stomach wouldn't eat itself.

Flame Raisins
Cashews
Peanut M&Ms
regular m&ms

salty, sweet and yummy. going to stick a few bottles of water in my bag this time too because I kept running out of the stuff the nurses brought last time. Granted... hubby gets to stay in the room this time AND there's a sink so I should be fine. heh but I'm not taking any chances. Plus I like dasani more than tap water :blush:

home from my appt now..i asked if they could determine baby's position assuming they would palpate my belly but she was like sure we'll do a quick ultrasound. it was a pleasant surprise!! baby is head down! i let her check my cervix and i went from a fingertip last wednesday to 2cm today and 50% effaced!! i was concerned about leaking waters even though i thought it was just normal discharge and she said when she pushed the baby's head she slams it right back down to my pelvis and no fluids were coming so its def not my waters thankfully..she's guessing this baby is already pushing 8 lbs so if i dont go on my own at 39 weeks they will induce so i can still have a vaginal delivery..im confident she'll come on her own right around 38-39 weeks so hopefully it wont go to induction! i def. dont want to go over though!!

Wow! and you're not even 37 weeks! That's an eager baby!

Counting, glad you're being taken seriously now and all is well tomorrow. Good luck. Either way out or in I'm sure baby will be just fine :hugs:

Sue blame baby brain for your spelling! :haha: I'm glad all was ok at your appt today! Xx

I need to get more snacks for my bag, on my last stay in hospital with jack I ate my way through a bag of jelly tots and tutti fruities, the midwife kept telling me to go to sleep but there was no chance of that..so sweeties and a magazine kept me going through the night.

I've got my midwife appt tomorrow, baby is still a lot quieter but the movements are there so I'm not too worried. This is far TMI but has anyone else been constipated? I've been dying to go but when I do I can't and I'm too scared to push too hard :blush: i have visions of a baby plopping out :rofl: :dohh:

Hope you make it tlh!
Kaths- YES!!! I was for 4-5 days and it all came out last night. It was surely my first false labor. I had been going poo a little each day but last night was back cramps and contractions and full on clear out that carried over to today. And baby is much lower now.

Counting glad you went in! It's about time they start taking your swelling seriously. Hope your appt goes well tomorrow and baby is able to stay cooking a little longer

Nenna sounds promising! Sending labor vibes your way

Tlh glad your appt went well! Pushing 8lbs already that's a good sized baby!

Kaths I've been a mixture of either constipation or basically diarrhea. My body can't seem to make up its mind :haha: one day I have super loose stools and I got 3-4 times and then the next day I have the urge to go but just can't seem to.

Just got done cleaning whole house and sat down to rest and what do you know I'm having the contractions I was having last night. Wondering if maybe I should stay on my feet and stay active but my feet are so tired and pretty swollen from being on them all day.

Thanks all. So far tylenol is keeping the headache at bay, probably because I haven't taken one for 9 months, so it's super effective. BP is also staying stable, 145/89 which isn't great but is much better than the earlier readings. It also means I probably won't have to go back to the hospital tonight, they said as long as it stays stable, headache can be controlled by tylenol and I don't get chest pain I can be home. I'm a little nervous for tomorrow though. I'm afraid on one hand if I have to stay in hospital or have baby, but on the other hand I'm also afraid if I am doing better tomorrow they will let it go and then I will suddenly get sick and it will be dangerous for me and baby. Guess I have to trust the doctors.

Still no baby shown up here...I am getting impatient. Hope he makes an appearance soon.
39 weeks down...I really don't want to go over 40! Nightmare!

Still no baby shown up here...I am getting impatient. Hope he makes an appearance soon.
39 weeks down...I really don't want to go over 40! Nightmare!

Right there with you, I'm so ready to have my baby already! Hope you go soon! :)

Kath I thougt it was just me :blush:

Fingers crossed babies come soon for them ladies who are getting closer!

Oliver is still asleep... this is un heard off... shhh!

Pink...I been having to wake Libby from her sleeps or she won't go down at night. I actually got a decent 5 hours before she woke last night! Hooray! Not sure how I am going to survive with two little ones!
Looks like I may have caught the DH and DD's cough...bleeeaaaaagh! I was hoping to avoid it but it seems with all this cold weather and trying to take care of them I haven't been immune. I feel fine in body just coughing which is really irritating.
My student midwife is on edge every time her phone rings she thinks it is me saying it's delivery time...poor girl is as keen as me to get this baby out!

I hope your cold clears soon!

Oliver went down at 7 last night and slept till 7.45 this morning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->