~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Hi Sunbeams :flower:

My yellow bump turned into a PINK baby :wahoo:!!! I was indeed in labour on Monday when I last posted. Started contractions at 5:30pm, went to the hospital at 9:30pm and was 5cm, laboured in the tub until after midnight and our darling Jasmine Jane was born at 12:52am on July 9th weighing in at 7lb 9oz and 21 inches long! WOW!

The period from transition to birth was extremely shocking and difficult :( I had a really hard time, but am healing. My girl is so perfect though, I love her to bits!

I will hopefully have a chance to catch up with everyone - I'm sure there have been beautiful babes born since I have been on, so huge congrats to everyone!

OHHHH!! YAY!!! A baby shares my birthday! Happy Birthday Jasmine!!!!!

Becca your csection sounds like mine when I had Libby...that is why I was so keen to try for vbac this time round as the pain was horrible, I had bruises all over my back too from where they tried unsucessful attempts at the epidural. My libby also had lots of mucus and difficulty breathing for the first 72 hours of her little life. She sicked up after every feed it was horrible. I totally understand your frustration and pain! I pray that you have a good recovery. It sucks being stuck in bed!
All the best of luck for you new mothers. The first few weeks are so hard to adapt and adjust. We are loving little Ethan being home from hospital and the house is in shambles...I think we have a big problem with our wiring in our house as the circut board keeps shutting off when we turn on the heater. May have to ask the real estate to come have a look at it.

belle254 :wave: Welcome. I've added you to the Sunbeams spreadsheet :D

Sorry you're staight into the Overdue Red Club....we don't bite :p

Floating - Have added you're little girl :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtqtRkxRwwaAdG1iUl9NV3ZKWDk3T0VaS3ZHM1NrZkE#gid=0

Thanks sue for turning me red too :haha:
At least we have company now! :thumbup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I nearly forgot to turn you red, I had to open the sheet again! :p Hehehe, yay for the red club.

The babies may share a birthday......you never know!! :happydance:

belle254 :wave: Welcome. I've added you to the Sunbeams spreadsheet :D

Sorry you're staight into the Overdue Red Club....we don't bite :p

Floating - Have added you're little girl :D

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtqtRkxRwwaAdG1iUl9NV3ZKWDk3T0VaS3ZHM1NrZkE#gid=0

Thanks sue for turning me red too :haha:
At least we have company now! :thumbup:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I nearly forgot to turn you red, I had to open the sheet again! :p Hehehe, yay for the red club.

The babies may share a birthday......you never know!! :happydance:

Haha you are still leader of the gang though, does that mean you have to do motivational speeches and keep us all going Hee Hee

Yes they might do :happydance:
I feel so achy and crampy that if I get my sweep Monday I think that might kick something off, and Mondays the day for you too! So we will see x

Morning ladies, my edd today! Lol, coming into the red club too I think ;-)
Sweep in an hour though so still chance if an edd baby!

Belle, welcome, my situation nearly identical to yours accept no way am I letting my mum do a sweep :+), she'll be 2nd midwife present :).
Let's hope there's lots of babies born today/tomorrow!! Xx

Congrats on all the new babies :)

As this is my first I just don't know what the signs are of something beginning to happen.

I have been having a lot of cramps over the last few days which are gradually getting worse, the last two nights they have woken me. The cramps are really low down in my abdomen. Also it feels like he is trying to push his hand through my cervix is this normal? Also getting sharp pains on the far left of my stomach, low down, like my pubic area. Suppose that's a nerve?

sounds normal panda! fx'ed not too much longer!

well sweep is all done :), midwife said I was quite favourable so fx'ed!! she made me bleed which is what happened with the successful sweep when having alex so hoping either later today or tomorrow something might happen!

Go get checked! That's what my cramps felt like minus the baby trying to push out!

I hope it's the start of something :)

Midwife said she do a sweep Friday if I wanted. I don't really know what a sweep is, do they hurt? Should I have it?

I had one this morning and had 3 before my son finally came! they're not comfortable but you can tell them to stop if its too bad, but tbh its nothing compared to labour ;). Basically they're trying to stretch and sweep round the top of your cervix to slightly separate the membranes from the cervix and release hormones to get labour going. Personally i'd rather a sweep than risk getting as far as induction but totally up to you and depends on personal opinion...some ladies refuse induction etc :).

I wouldn't say sweeps hurt, they are uncomfortable. I'm having one Monday as like Caro I'm trying to avoid induction if poss. It's worth a go.
I had 2 sweeps with jack and the second one worked!

I think I will probably have one, I don't want to be induced would much rather go naturally

I had one on Wednesday - definitely not painful for me, or really uncomfortable. Just unpleasant really. Mine made me have brown spotting for about 4 days but other than that completely unsuccessful.

Being induced tomorrow due to episodes of reduced movement and overdue. X

I had one on Wednesday - definitely not painful for me, or really uncomfortable. Just unpleasant really. Mine made me have brown spotting for about 4 days but other than that completely unsuccessful.

Being induced tomorrow due to episodes of reduced movement and overdue. X

Good luck 2mrw Sue :) can't wait to see pics of baby Millie xx

Hey ladies I know j just took over this thread but I'm having a rough tone recovering and adjusting to being home...would anyone like to take over

I don't mind doing it, though I guess we're all be in the same position soon! I can work off the spreadsheet just to keep it updated for everyone.

Hope you're ok tlh xx

Do you know I can pass it over to you?

I'm starting to feel a little better..I had an amazing labor and birth but the next day I got sick and Friday morning the nurse overdosed me on pain mess and I couldn't function or see straight yet they still sent me home like that...my in laws were supposed to stay and help out but ended up leaving 15 minutes after we got home so that didn't help..my hormones and emotions are totally out of whack and I just want to feel normal again! The lack of sleep isn't helping either

On a lighter note...is anyone formula feeding? If so how often do you feed your baby? I know they say every 4 hours but my little one acts starving two hours later sometimes so we just feed her..shes 9.5lbs so I feel like she may need to eat more sometimes!

Hey ladies I know j just took over this thread but I'm having a rough tone recovering and adjusting to being home...would anyone like to take over

I don't mind doing it, though I guess we're all be in the same position soon! I can work off the spreadsheet just to keep it updated for everyone.

Hope you're ok tlh xx

Do you know I can pass it over to you?

I'm starting to feel a little better..I had an amazing labor and birth but the next day I got sick and Friday morning the nurse overdosed me on pain mess and I couldn't function or see straight yet they still sent me home like that...my in laws were supposed to stay and help out but ended up leaving 15 minutes after we got home so that didn't help..my hormones and emotions are totally out of whack and I just want to feel normal again! The lack of sleep isn't helping either

On a lighter note...is anyone formula feeding? If so how often do you feed your baby? I know they say every 4 hours but my little one acts starving two hours later sometimes so we just feed her..shes 9.5lbs so I feel like she may need to eat more sometimes!

Hi, I think you have to contact admin to get it changed?
Glad you are feeling a little better. I can't believe the nurse overdosed you, that's terrible! Is it in your notes? I would put in a complaint.
And not very helpful of your in laws! Maybe they thought they were going to get in the way or was it prearranged they would stay and help. If it was that's terrible that they left.
I didn't formula feed but I would say if they are hungry then feed them, sometimes babies cluster feed through growth spurts and I guess that goes for formula as well as breast. Maybe ask your health visitor or midwife for advice.
Remember mummy knows best though so go with your instincts... Which isn't always what it says on the tin! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->