~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

I have yet to give Coltyn a pacifier. I was told not to for the first 3-4 weeks with BF. With that said, I got some at the baby shower my sis finally had for him this weekend. Tied to give him one on the ride home as he wouldnt quiet down on the car ride and he refused to take it. My sis said my nephew was like that too and he BF. As far as changing them, Coltyn is 4 weeks old and I've been pooed on twice and he's peed on himself twice. LOL! Mostly, like others hav said make sure you have everything ready. Diaper is opened up, wipe folded ready to use, pull diaper down, wipe fast, pull diaper out and throw the new one under him. That's how I finally got it down. Plenty of practice and you'll have your method too!

Hello ladies! Can I jump in! I'm 1 day overdue now! :-/.
Have a sweep booked for Wednesday but am hoping to have popped before then! (Wishful thinking no doubt)!
My first little one was 2 weeks early so this wait is not fun! I e been expecting baby to make an appearance for ages!!
Just had a read through the last 20 pages or so! Congrats to all the ladies who have had there babies and hope others are not waiting too long!

Hi nicki, I'm 2 days over and tried a sweep today. Not successful. Cervix still closed :nope:
Do you know what you're having? Or are you yellow? X

hey girls! i havent been on to congratulate anyone in a few days cause we ended up in the hospital as my c-section scar has split open! i wasnt going to go get it checked when i noticed it was (TMI) oozing...but my family made me go get checked. the doctor said he was glad i did get checked because i was almost at the stage of the infection spreading and i would have ended up in sweats and a fever! he said the wound was breaking down and had split, he did a swab and took bloods but he said its very infected!! so they washed it up, put steri strips on it (he wanted to put stitches back in it but because it was infected he didnt) and they dressed it! then i had to stay and be put on a drip for a course of antibiotics and now im on a weeks worth of them! plus i have to rest and go to the doctor this week to get checked!
i didnt think this would happen with my 2nd c-section :( but its very hard to rest and heal up when im chasing a 20 month old around and having to look after the house all day! wish my hubby actually got proper time off work :(
sorry just venting now lol

Totally know where you are coming from Maratobe...it sure is hard work "not lifting" and not "over doing things" when you have your hands full with a toddler. Thankfully I have had DH home for two weeks. He started back at work today :( He has been pretty good and ran the vacuume over the living area and kitchen for me and has been helping with nappy changes and meal prep. It has been really busy trying to get all the documents done for his birth certificate and parental payments...we finally made it down to Medicare yesterday and once got there realized I didn't have the rotton form! So I had to send DH home to find it. Talk about time wasting!
Ethan went to his first Dr appointment and has gained a little weight so I was relieved that my milk is actually filling him enough for extra growth. I was concerned about bfeeding as I had so much trouble with my supply with Libby.
Libby turned two on Thursday. Ethan is now two weeks...time flies.

boy changes-fold a wipe beforeyou take the,diaper off, as.soon as the diaper is down put the wipe on his penis, he'llstillpee but it preventsit spraying all over. the stop peeing as soon as the diapers off as they get a bit older. but yes, have everythingready and go as fast as you can, i also put towels underneath so ifthey did poo/pee it was easy to clean.

i think changing little girls is effing disgusting lol, the only "nice" thing is you cant get peed on by them, really. have yet to be pooped on but she did poop on ds#3.s head the other day; he was napping behind me plus bad bum angling on my part. poor fella i laughed so hard, he didnt find it as amusing.

as far as pacifiers-we ebf, my oldest always took a,bink, they started him in the nicu, my other two boys never took to it/we never offered on a regularbasis. Wilhelmina gets grumpy in the car sometimes, so i have ds#1 pop a bink in her mouth and she calms a bit. it doesn'tconfuse them it seems if its not used all the time. ive not personally witnessed nipple confusionother than with my oldest.

Ive been sleeping on the couch with Charlotte in her swing mainly because her room is upstairs and I cant frequently run the stairs yet

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions girls! :hugs:

I might try getting a pacifier in the house to try, but I'd actually forgotten that we offered Jessie one around 6 months and she wouldn't take it! I forget that sometimes these decisions aren't actually ours to make. If he's already angry.. it might be a non-issue anyway. lol

Ooh I like the towel idea. Need to find a store to pick up some cheap wash cloths or something. If I was back in Glasgow I'd just head to Primark!

I found a tutorial for cute burp cloths, but mom took her sewing machine home with her this time.. not like I'd have time to sew anyway!

Ive been sleeping on the couch with Charlotte in her swing mainly because her room is upstairs and I cant frequently run the stairs yet

We've set up camp on the sofa too. If I do the stairs too much I start to seriously regret it. He seems to sleep decently in the rock n play and our sofa reclines electronically which makes life much easier on me!

Oooh Gabe's awake. LOL it's so funny seeing him up, feels like he almost never has his eyes open.

Check amazon for peepee teepees if yoire desperate lol.

haha! A friend actually gave me hers, said she had two boys and never used them. I've tried using them but they just wobble off. When was the last time anyone changed a completely stationary baby! LOL I think I'm just going to have to accept that I'm going to get peed in the face at some point.

maratobeOh my... that sounds horrible. How long had it been since your surgery? My doc wants to see me back in the office by 2 weeks to check my incision. I was so unprepared for all this c-section stuff. It's a completely different world. I did ask the doctor for a belly band while I was in the hospital and OH MY GOSH the relief walking around with it is sooo different than if I don't put it on. I would recommend it to anyone getting sliced open.

Any helpful tips out there for recovering from a c-sec? Magic potions/lotions/etc ? ;) k

I'm getting some nipple scabbing from bad latching :( I think I'm running into that 'boob is too big' and makes it hard for him to get a mouthful initially. Lots of latching, quick feed, letting go and then readjusting. I just have to keep reminding myself that we'll both get the hang of it soon and it won't hurt so much and it'll be positively easy. Hopefully! (I have had a few panic moments where I worry he's not going to get it and we're not going to be successful, but I can't think like that.) He's putting on weight so all is still good.

becca--i had the same big boob,latch problemwith my last lo. he was,partiallylazy too, i found,kind,of,rolling,his,lower lip on the bottom part of the areola, then pushinghis mouthover my nipple,helped. also really squishingmy boob likea sandwichand pushinga bit more into his mouth. somewhere on,kellymom.com they have a little illustration om latchingfrom bottom to top. it took some practicebut really helped.,my nipples were cracked/scabbed/bleedingand i wouldcry at every feed till i foynd that latchingmethod!

I have small/average boobs and the latching seems worse with my left than with my right...fairly sure is because of the earlier surgery they messed up my arm with the transfusion tissuing badly causing a giant bruise half way down my arm making it painful to hold Ethan with that arm during feeding. It is still blueish yellow today two weeks later.

maratobeOh my... that sounds horrible. How long had it been since your surgery? My doc wants to see me back in the office by 2 weeks to check my incision. I was so unprepared for all this c-section stuff. It's a completely different world. I did ask the doctor for a belly band while I was in the hospital and OH MY GOSH the relief walking around with it is sooo different than if I don't put it on. I would recommend it to anyone getting sliced open.

i had my c-section 21 days ago and it was day 17 that i noticed the infection! but they checked it before i left hospital, checked it 2 days later and then 3 days after that.... but they reckon it split because of the infection, not the infection cause the wound opened. i agree having a c-section is a tough recovery! you dont know it until you go through it!
marli has now put on 520 grams in 2 weeks and over 600 since leaving hospital and she has grown 3.5cms since birth!! :happydance:

Lots to catch up on, but just to say that baby Charlie arrived Saturday 13th at 12.36pm he was 10lb 1oz with just gas and air. It ended up an assisted birth with the suction cup and then his shoulders got stuck so the last bit was a bit manic with lots of people. But we are both fine. We had to stay in hospital for 48hrs to make sure there was no damage to him.

Hello ladies! Can I jump in! I'm 1 day overdue now! :-/.
Have a sweep booked for Wednesday but am hoping to have popped before then! (Wishful thinking no doubt)!
My first little one was 2 weeks early so this wait is not fun! I e been expecting baby to make an appearance for ages!!
Just had a read through the last 20 pages or so! Congrats to all the ladies who have had there babies and hope others are not waiting too long!

Hi nicki, I'm 2 days over and tried a sweep today. Not successful. Cervix still closed :nope:
Do you know what you're having? Or are you yellow? X

Hiya!
My sweep is tomorrow and I'm a bit nervous! How bad is it?

I'm team yellow so really keen to get this bump moving and find out!!

My yellow bump turned blue last night, 9.55pm Edward Stirling was born at home, 7lb 11.5oz :) xx

Great to hear about all of these little babies! Welcome to the world! And congrats to all the mamas!

Lots to catch up on, but just to say that baby Charlie arrived Saturday 13th at 12.36pm he was 10lb 1oz with just gas and air. It ended up an assisted birth with the suction cup and then his shoulders got stuck so the last bit was a bit manic with lots of people. But we are both fine. We had to stay in hospital for 48hrs to make sure there was no damage to him.

Congratulations on the birth of your boy! Good to hear all went well, looking forward to pics. xxx:happydance::thumbup::flower:

My yellow bump turned blue last night, 9.55pm Edward Stirling was born at home, 7lb 11.5oz :) xx

Congratulations on the birth of your boy! Good to hear all went well, looking forward to pics. xxx:happydance::thumbup::flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->