~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

oh no jj's! that must be gutting! I've just thrown colostrum away, stuff I pumped befpre he was born as my milks coming in now we don't need it, but seems such a waste!!

My milks a really bright yellow atm, like the colour of the medulla breast pump...anyone else!? i'm guessing its not 100% milk yet, still got colostrum in it but seems very bright, lol!

KAths' yep you'll be here before you know it!!

still no poo here though :/...sooo hope i'm not holding him when he does go, :haha: they're not overly concerned yet, will give me a call in the morning to see where we're at!

Eddie has only lost a little weight, is now 7lb 5oz (born 7lb 11.5oz) so am well pleased with that for a day 5 weigh in! xx

I have lost loads more plug today, like a massive lump. We then went for a nice long walk and now a few hours after getting back I am having quite bad cramp pains in my lower back, hip and stomach. Hope it's the start of something as its a lot cooler day today :)

Hope everyone is well :)

oh no jj's! that must be gutting! I've just thrown colostrum away, stuff I pumped befpre he was born as my milks coming in now we don't need it, but seems such a waste!!

My milks a really bright yellow atm, like the colour of the medulla breast pump...anyone else!? i'm guessing its not 100% milk yet, still got colostrum in it but seems very bright, lol!

still no poo here though :/...sooo hope i'm not holding him when he does go, :haha: they're not overly concerned yet, will give me a call in the morning to see where we're at!

Eddie has only lost a little weight, is now 7lb 5oz (born 7lb 11.5oz) so am well pleased with that for a day 5 weigh in! xx

Yes, it was horrible when I noticed it!! But, to combat it I'm sending him to his grandma's for a bit today and she said to make sure she has plenty of milk. Oh trust me, she will! LOL!

Kath's, I will have to have all the breastmilk I can get together. I have to start sending him to daycare after next week!!! I'm so upset because I wasn't supposed to have to go back to work but since hubby didn't hold up to his end, I have no choice. So I'll have to send it in with him. They said to make sure his bottles are made up, but I only have 3!! With breastfeeding I wasn't expecting to have to go back to work and we have the bottles because DH's mom bought them for us. So I hope they allow me to bring in the bags. If not, then I guess I'll have to go buy a lot more bottles.

oh wow jj's :hugs: that sucks going back to work so soon :(, I can't even imagine! your mat leave sucks! we get up to a year in the uk!! some unpaid but job is secure!

hope they take the bags! xx

Did anyone else get an epidural? If so how long after did it take for your back pain to go away? With my first I remember being slightly sore for a couple days but I'm a week and a half out now and still get random pangs in my spine that causes some tingling and numbness..not sure if this is normal or if I should call the dr

As for the spitting up I was told it could be from over eating or reflux try keeping baby upright after feeds

Yes, it was horrible when I noticed it!! But, to combat it I'm sending him to his grandma's for a bit today and she said to make sure she has plenty of milk. Oh trust me, she will! LOL!

Kath's, I will have to have all the breastmilk I can get together. I have to start sending him to daycare after next week!!! I'm so upset because I wasn't supposed to have to go back to work but since hubby didn't hold up to his end, I have no choice. So I'll have to send it in with him. They said to make sure his bottles are made up, but I only have 3!! With breastfeeding I wasn't expecting to have to go back to work and we have the bottles because DH's mom bought them for us. So I hope they allow me to bring in the bags. If not, then I guess I'll have to go buy a lot more bottles.

Aw that's such a shame you will have to go back to work, how many days are you going to do? I tried to do that aswell, store up enough to go back to work but I didn't get on with pumping.. Would only get 3/4oz at a time so I ended up switching to formula and breast Feeding when i was home. But jack was 8 months old then. Are you going to pump at work? X

Just realised, has there been no babies born today?? I've got nothing to update hummmphh :haha:

lol thats a shame :p maybe its a sign yours will come :D

I just had an hour of really painful movements and tightening, and its stopped again. I knew it wasn't anything because I would have gone up the hospital if I thought it was haha x

Not today unfortunately.. I can't remember being this impatient with Jack! I wonder if it because we know what's to come and we just want it over with (in the nicest possible way!!).. I didn't have any of this twinges, contractions etc.

I've decided I'm setting up camp on the sofa tonight. I cant have another night like last night and I'm getting worried I will get stuck and won't be able to move as I came close last night. The shooting nerve pain in my back and leg last night was so painful I couldn't move my leg to roll over. That's me on the sofa now until baby is here! At least I can sit upright

Did anyone else get an epidural? If so how long after did it take for your back pain to go away? With my first I remember being slightly sore for a couple days but I'm a week and a half out now and still get random pangs in my spine that causes some tingling and numbness..not sure if this is normal or if I should call the dr

As for the spitting up I was told it could be from over eating or reflux try keeping baby upright after feeds

I had an epi, and had no pain whatsoever afterwards. Not even in the area they put the needle in.

For some reason my son seems to spit up more when upright? I have no idea. Going to get him weighed and talk to health nurse on Tuesday afternoon anyway.

I still have back pain from DD and the epidural/spinal I had woth her. It is terrible bit it is a possible side effect.
Sorry to all the LOs and mommas dealing with tons.of spit up.
Ive been losing plug today and had some light nearly regular cramping this morning though it has calmed now. I've had curry today too and did some watering in tge garden (lots of squatting ) but now I am enjoying DD taking a nap. I fell asleep with her for a little while today.
I hope all yoi new mommas are doing well with your babies!
I am sorry for those thay need to go back to work!! I have to go back but not for at least 22 months because the drs are going to get me extra time off because of the depression ive been having already

I had an epi both times and I had some pain after for a few hours but It was more of a numbness that slowly wore off. Other than that no pain after like a day.

I don`t think it`s anything I have eaten. It always seems like he gets a horrible bout of hiccups and then the milk comes back up.:shrug: He had hiccups really bad before he was born too, so they aren`t new, but obviously now they are causing him to bring back up his milk after he nurses.

My boy (3 days old) spits up horribly if I nurse him in any position over than cross-cradle where he is on top on my chest. I think I have an over-active letdown. I have tons of questions for my lactation consultant when I see her tomorrow. Is there a LC in your area?

Just a quick update! We are home. Loving every moment with him. Will post a face photo, I just have none on here they are all on my phone and camera!

He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am in love. Birth story to come. <3

Congrats on all the new mummies, second/third/fourth time mummies, and I'll wish labordust for all you pregnant mummies still to be!

Attachments

• photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 5
  • photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    31 KB · Views: 5

Aw that's such a shame you will have to go back to work, how many days are you going to do? I tried to do that aswell, store up enough to go back to work but I didn't get on with pumping.. Would only get 3/4oz at a time so I ended up switching to formula and breast Feeding when i was home. But jack was 8 months old then. Are you going to pump at work? X

I have to work Monday through Friday. I don't have a choice. I will pump, they better not give me crap for going and pumping ever 2 hours either! They push and push and it's such a stressful job. I hate that we only get 6 weeks. I want to take longer (unpaid) but was informed that I couldn't, which I think is unfair as FMLA states we get 12 weeks. My work doesn't pay us anyways, I had to get short term disability through AFLAC in order to get paid. Thankfully my friend mentioned it as she knew we were trying. If you get pregnant then get AFLAC, it would have been considered a preexisting condition and I wouldn't have qualified. I'm just ready to stay at home and watch children! I might post an ad to see if I can get any bites. If I can make $170 a week for watching 2 kids, then I can stay home as that's what I'd be bringing in after daycare!

Hey all I am home from hospital. All is not well. I have a suspected uterus infection? They say endometeritis - I really don't know how they diagnose it but I was having severe back pain and tummy pain I even vomited Saturday night I could barely move I was wincing over in pain so we called an ambulance and been in the ER all Saturday night then transferred up to the ward Sunday morning. Cause I am bfeeding they could not give me too much pain wise so was just mostly on panadol and antibiotics. It really sucked. I hated the Iv cause they had it right in my arm where it bends so was very frustrating getting Ethan on and off the nipple. I am now back home but still in a fair bit of pain. Will go to the Dr Monday and get a 2nd opinion I reckon.

Libbys, I'm so sorry! :hugs: I hope you feel better very soon! That sounds incredibly painful :/

JJs, sorry about having to go back to work so soon! I would think watching 2 children would get you more than that per week. The absolute cheapest day care I have found was $100/week, most were $500-$800/month for infants and a bit less for toddlers.

Hi ladies I hope you're all well.

I'm sorry I've really not been keeping up with this thread - four kids have been keeping me rather busy!

We had an awful blow this week. We sold our old car for £400 and when we went to the bank to deposit the money, we were told £360 of it was counterfeit notes. So we had to call the police and make a statement and all that sort of thing. Feeling SO upset about it.

Baby-wise, Nathan is fine. We went to the seaside on Friday (2 hours drive from our house) and that was nice. His first trip to the beach :) I've seriously burnt myself though - I stupidly only put on factor 15 (50 for the kids but for some reason I thought 15 would be fine for me) and now I'm suffering as a result.

Nathan mostly co-sleeps in the night, and he breastfeeds fine. We've had to introduce a dummy though because he would suck all day if he could lol.

He's quite a chilled out little dude really though - likes sitting in his bouncer and looking about.

Can't actually believe he's 11 days old already. Where have the past 11 days gone? My house still looks like a bomb has hit it - we haven't established a routine here at all yet. It's frustrating me, I think I'm gonna have to seriously tackle this mess today.

Here's a pic from yesterday. He likes chilling on his daddy

1073939_365627826897385_766529748_o.jpg

Oh no Alice I'm sorry to hear that! I cant believe people would do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->