~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Does anyone's baby hate being put down? We have a swing and a bouncy seat and my little girl will start crying the minute you try to sit her in either. I love holding her but it's making it impossible to get anything done that I need to! Not sure what to do?

Hello all, I had my little man George Oliver on sunday 21st July. He was not so little at 10lbs 11oz!!he arrived in 6 hours and we had an amazing but painful water birth.
Because of his weight he had low blood sugar tests over 24 hours, I really didn't want to stay in, he was healthy and breast feeding really well. Fed for an hour after birth etc.
the last test before we were allowed home was low so we weren't allowed home and had to do another 24 hours of tests :cry: (heel pricks every 3/4 hours).

So were now into his second day, his levels have been great all day but again we've just had one low one and they're saying we have to stay in again. I am so down now, I feel it's interrupting breast feeding, my milk is coming in and he latches and feeds well, yet they keep force feeding him formula, im hating it, tearful and hate the formula feeding :cry: it seems so much to tip down his throat and then he just sicks it all up.
I think if they just let me persevere with demand feeding he will sort himself out, they're not letting me feed on demand as he's got to wait the 3 hours so he's screaming his head off. I just feel like walking out and discharging myself.
Thanks for listening.. Does anyone have any advice?

Congratulations on your boy Kaths, sorry about the trouble with blood sugar. It must be so difficult. I have no advice but I hope everything sorts out soon and you get to be home with your son.

abagailb14- My LO doesn't like being put down either, health nurse has assured me it is totally normal for many little ones for the first 12 weeks(which I knew but you don't really know until it's your child!). Joey doesn't even sleep by himself in a bassinet which has been challenging. The moment he gets set down he gets upset. To cope with this we do kangaroo care, where I sleep sitting partially upright with a stretchy band around my breasts/chest(like a tube top or *I use* a belly band). You don't wear a shirt or bra, baby wears only a diaper and you tuck them in under the band with legs froggy-d and only their head and neck out, so the fabric over their whole body and shoulders holding them against you. When I'm not sleeping and I need to go out or do something I use a wrap carrier which he loves and leaves my hands free. The rest of the time I hold or cuddle him. When I need a shower or to make a snack or something, DH takes him for a bit(but that doesn't last too long as my LO breastfeeds really frequently). Honestly I get a lot less done but it is an adjustment period and it WILL pass. GOod luck, I hope this helps a little.

I would also suggest a carrier Abigail, that way your hands are free. Slings or wraps are the best to use during the fourth trimester :thumbup:

Thank you both for the advice - I was looking into getting a sling for her so I could have her close and content but still have my hands free, do you guys have any recommendations for a good one? There are so many different kinds and styles I'm not sure what would work best.

I would go with a ring sling if you want sling style, or something like a Moby if you want a wrap. Moby is great but a lot if fabric, something to keep in mind if its really hot where you are right now!

My LO has just slept 7 hours straight :shock: I finally got her up to change her and she ate. Can't believe she went that long though!

Kaths u find that weird that they are making you go do long and not just feeding as needed. They had to do multiple blood sugar tests for my LO because of weight also but I still just fed her on demand and called my nurse in 30 mins after she fed. It's completely understandable that you are so frustrated with them.

Kath from what you've said on fb I think self discharge hun.

Oh man I'm tired today, ended up in tears this morning. He just won't settle at night, not even on me for long. Dunno what to do, its like he has mini feeds. Every night he seems to cluster feed between 2-4 am, which is bareable if u get some sleep before and after but last night he settled for maybe 30mins between feeds max, I'm sure he's got gas but can't get it up/out.

On brighter note his eyes looking Soo much better already! So glad we got treatment quickly. X

Does anyone's baby hate being put down? We have a swing and a bouncy seat and my little girl will start crying the minute you try to sit her in either. I love holding her but it's making it impossible to get anything done that I need to! Not sure what to do?

I found that with Darcy that if she doesn't want to be put down in her bouncer she is normally much happier on her bambeano bean bag. I think because it "holds" them a bit more securely? Just a thought anyway :) xxx

With my LO I wait for her to fall asleep or be close to falling asleep and then I out her in her swing..I have a carrier but she hates it and I think its too hot for the moby wrap here

Hello all, I had my little man George Oliver on sunday 21st July. He was not so little at 10lbs 11oz!!he arrived in 6 hours and we had an amazing but painful water birth.
Because of his weight he had low blood sugar tests over 24 hours, I really didn't want to stay in, he was healthy and breast feeding really well. Fed for an hour after birth etc.
the last test before we were allowed home was low so we weren't allowed home and had to do another 24 hours of tests :cry: (heel pricks every 3/4 hours).

So were now into his second day, his levels have been great all day but again we've just had one low one and they're saying we have to stay in again. I am so down now, I feel it's interrupting breast feeding, my milk is coming in and he latches and feeds well, yet they keep force feeding him formula, im hating it, tearful and hate the formula feeding :cry: it seems so much to tip down his throat and then he just sicks it all up.
I think if they just let me persevere with demand feeding he will sort himself out, they're not letting me feed on demand as he's got to wait the 3 hours so he's screaming his head off. I just feel like walking out and discharging myself.
Thanks for listening.. Does anyone have any advice?

My LO had to get those tests since she was 9.5 lbs two weeks early she has one that was slightly off but since all the others were fine they stopped checking..maybe ask them if there's any signs to look for so you can go home and then you'd know what to look for if he needs to be seen by a dr

Afm my Dr finally called back about the back pain at the epidural sight...he said it could be sore for months and the numbness and tingling probably isn't related and is from lingering sciatica from pregnancy..they said if it gets worse they'll see me sooner otherwise we'll talk about it at my postpartum appt..I feel like they're brushing me off though

Evening all hope everyone is doing well.

Ellie had her hip check today and the consultant has confirmed they are completely normal so good news there :thumbup:

Ellie has stages of hating to be put down too. I have a wrap but haven't been able to use it yet as I am not really confident that I can tie it correctly or that it supports her head sufficiently. But a wrap or sling seems to be the only way round this sort of thing.

Congrats on your little man :) Just sorry the follow up has been so bad. I would seriously consider discharging myself and maybe registering a formal complaint as it seems you have received appalling treatment. Sending good wishes your way - hope you get out soon & you & George can get on with things :hugs:

Kath from what you've said on fb I think self discharge hun.

Oh man I'm tired today, ended up in tears this morning. He just won't settle at night, not even on me for long. Dunno what to do, its like he has mini feeds. Every night he seems to cluster feed between 2-4 am, which is bareable if u get some sleep before and after but last night he settled for maybe 30mins between feeds max, I'm sure he's got gas but can't get it up/out.

On brighter note his eyes looking Soo much better already! So glad we got treatment quickly. X

Its so frustrating when that happens. Sorry, no real advice but sympathise with your position :hugs: Good that his eyes are better though :)

Afm my Dr finally called back about the back pain at the epidural sight...he said it could be sore for months and the numbness and tingling probably isn't related and is from lingering sciatica from pregnancy..they said if it gets worse they'll see me sooner otherwise we'll talk about it at my postpartum appt..I feel like they're brushing me off though

Oh no, that sounds bad :( Can you get a second opinion? :hugs:

I think if I'm still hurting next week ill call again to be seen

So glad ellies hips are good! Was there some worry they wouldn't be?

Tlh I hope your back settles soon :-(

Edward did his first proper runny poo today, only 8days to get there :-/ anyway after a horrid night and not much better day with a unsettled grumpy boy he was like a child transformed! Even just laid on the floor whilst I took a shower and looked around, then drifted off to sleep in his bouncy chair normt even having had a feed within two hours. Good to know my mummy instincts of him having a sore tummy were spot on but hope this isn't going to become a habit

Quick update/brag:

Guess I don't have to worry that LO is throwing up too much milk(even though it seems like a waterfall of milk when he does spit up) as he gained an ENTIRE POUND in one week. Last Tuesday back to birth weight at 7 pounds 6 ounces. This Tuesday 8 pounds 6 ounces. I have no shortage of milk- LOL. So that answers my questions/concerns about excessive spitting up!:haha:

Hey abigail...If I wrap Ethan up tight and tuck him in firmly he settles more quickly. I am not sure if you swaddle your little one but even a light muslin cloth is secure for them in summer but winter here I pile on the blankets and he seems to settle. I am also hesitantly giving him a pacifier...for my own sanity.

awww Counting he is beautiful...I love his big blue eyes! What a stunner!
Miss hastings...youre baby is so pretty. Like a little doll!

Thank you both for the advice - I was looking into getting a sling for her so I could have her close and content but still have my hands free, do you guys have any recommendations for a good one? There are so many different kinds and styles I'm not sure what would work best.

Didn't see this until now. I use a stretchy wrap(like a moby), it's really easy to learn a basic carry for it once you give it a try or two. I actually made my own. I bought 5ish meters of cotton jersey, cut it in half lengthwise( so it was narrower)- and that is all you need to do and it makes two wraps, as cotton jersey doesn't fray. I also had the edge surged just for looks(or you could hem it), and added a patch/tag in the middle so it is easier to find when you go to wrap. I'd also recommend a boba as my SIL has a lot of luck with it, and if you are breastfeeding you can easily feed in the carrier without any special preparations.

Counting hooray for your little man gaining weight and the spitting up not affecting his growth :)

Caro glad your LO is feeling better after us poo :flower:

Tlh hope the pain goes away for you

Miss bellum glad Ellie's hip is okay

Afm I'm having a hard to believing its almost been a month since we welcomed kyleigh into the world. Time is flying by so quickly. She is such a strong girl holding her head up and she even tries to bear weight on her legs :shock: she is growing like a weed and wearing 3 month clothing already. I can't wait for her check up on Friday to see what she's weighing in at. I'm guessing she a good 10 maybe even 11lbs by now. Guess we will see though :)

awww Counting he is beautiful...I love his big blue eyes! What a stunner!
Miss hastings...youre baby is so pretty. Like a little doll!

Aww thank you Libbys mum! She weighed 7lbs 9 at birth but the midwife can't work out where it is! She's drowned in tiny baby clothes and has prem socks on which are still baggy! Think she must have heavy bones as she is such a little Dot! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->