~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Sorry you had such a bad experience and I'm so glad everything is ok- you should complain to your local trust. I know it's a pain in the arse but I used to work in the NHS and we were held accountable to every complaint our ward received- they really do make a difference and it means someone else will hopefully be treated with more compassion. x

Thanks both of you. :hugs:

Re the complaint.. I might do that, actually. I'll sleep on it of course because I could just be overreacting and sensitive from the giant stressball that was today :haha: but I'll see how I feel in the morning.

I offered to get my bloods done in another hospital down near my mom's and call through the result, but apparently they might "count it differently". WTF? :dohh: Surely as a fellow NHS hospital they just do the same? :shrug:

Either way, I think bed is calling now! Night ladies! :sleep:

Whig, I'm sorry you had to go through that!! Do you think that the spot they saw on your scan the first time burst or something and that's why there was so much blood? I would be terrified also!!! But if it was that one spot, maybe you won't be spotting anymore after this? So glad your baby is safe and sound and measuring great!!! :hugs:

Welcome to all the new ladies!!! We have grown so much!!!

lalalo, glad to see you like our group! We do have a wonderful bunch of ladies!! It's sad to see that you have been to other groups that aren't as nice.

lumin, I'm so sorry to hear that!!! I really hope they see something on Monday!!! :hugs:

missranda, sorry for your loss. But you were pregnant at one time even if the blood tests show negative at this point. Hope you get your sticky bean soon!

hi again! it's been a long afternoon at the clinic. but long story short, they couldn't find anything on the vaginal ultrasound, my levels are still not going up well, and I've started spotting on and off again. they think it is an ectopic pregnancy :(
I'm going for one last ultrasound and bloodwork on monday and if things are still not looking good I'll get a shot (forgot what it's called) that day, that will get the sac out of my tubes before it becomes more serious. this has been such a stressful couple of weeks! she did say that I'm safe to try again as soon as I want, after this is all over with. not sure I'll want to try right away, but that's good news at least.
I'll let you all know on monday how everything worked out. thank you for all the support you've given so far! it's been really great since I'm obviously not telling all my friends and family about this. <3 have a good night!

im so sorry to hear this luminescent:-( i do wish u the best on monday and i will say a pray for you tonight <3 if u ever wanna talk feel free to inbox me ive never been threw something like this before but my support is with you 100%:hugs:

Luminescent, so sorry about that news. But at least if it's ectopic, they found it early before damage was done.

Whig, OMG you have been through so much but I know that baby is here to stay :). I cant beleive how bad some doctors are and it's a universal problem!

Ladies... I have had an awful, awful night. :nope:

At around 5pm after the midwife appointment, I was just about to start dressing a salad :)haha:) when I suddenly felt a hot gush between my legs.. Almost as if I'd wet myself. I ran to the toilet, and there was blood EVERYWHERE. I mean, everywhere. I'd bled all over the floor, all over my legs, it was literally GUSHING, bright red.. And clots, medium-large size ish. I was convinced it was all over and was even having some abdominal cramping.

I waited for 2 hours in the A&E for them to check my f**king blood pressure and then be referred to the maternity ward. After waiting yet another hour, convinced I was bleeding out my baby all over their horrible cold waiting room chairs, I was seen by a doctor.

The doctor was horrible, told me he needed to do an internal examination to see if the cervix was open or closed. We did one, he was awfully rough and it was terrible, and found the cervix was closed. (This, after he'd terrified me by telling me if there was still active bleeding and such they'd need to admit me and even give me a blood transfusion due to the amount of bleeding I was having). So he then took my bloods - leaving me with a MASSIVE bruise and feeling very sorry for myself.

That was it. They couldn't scan me because "slots for scans are like gold dust at the moment and you are already booked in for Friday" :growlmad: and to just go home, and to come back if it got worse (!!).

I thought, no. This is bullshit. I didn't want to go home without a definite answer, and seeing as the hospital are ABSOLUTELY USELESS, I paid for yet another private scan, and the guy saw me immediately even though it was 10pm at night (he rushed in to the clinic to do it).

Guess what.

Baby is ABSOLUTELY fine in there, strong heartbeat which we heard again of 154bpm, measuring exactly right (or almost) at 7w+1d which means it finally caught up and had a little growth spurt.. And there seems to be no evidence of anything being wrong at all. Sac was healthy, baby looked great, everything was great. :cloud9:

I feel SO angry that I wasted all that time at the hospital for *nothing*. I got my results back at 31000 or something, which is up from the 12000 we had on Monday. I plan to go back to my mom's for the week until next Thursday and just rest (she is desperate to look after me!) but the hospital called back and said it is "imperative" I have another blood test on Sunday.

I don't think I'm going to go because then I won't be able to go back home. Frankly, I feel as if the hospital told me nothing, and another HCG blood result won't reassure me anywhere near as much as a scan would. I told them I was "considering" a private scan (I didn't tell them I'd already had one incase they disqualified me for the one on Friday), and the stupid receptionist proceeded to badmouth the clinic I went to and that they "often miss things". Yeah right! They just showed me my f**king baby and gave me more reassurance than ever!

So tomorrow I plan to call up and tell them that if they want another blood result, I will give them one on Friday. The bleeding is tailing off now, so it's not so bad. I feel so exhausted.

Attached a pic of my scan from tonight. You can see little eyes and even the start of little arms and legs - scary!! :haha:

wow whig im so sorry that you got treated like you did,its really ashame that some doctors act like they do i mean it really is:nope: i believe some just become doctors for the money!! im so glad that everything is ok with you and the baby!! it just sucks that you had to yet again put out your own money when they could do it for free:nope:i know here in the US if u wouldve went to the er they wouldve scan u that very night and u could still go for your normal scan appointment.
i cant stop shaking my head at how this a**hole doctor treated you i swear why cant people in this world just do their job RIGHT!!!
but all that matter is you 2 are ok thank god:hugs:

ilovehim - it was a much cheaper solution when we lived in Scotland where water was free! (plus I didn't have a toddler who constantly wanted to jump in) I can remember ages spent in the tub while my hubs just went about his own thing. Not so easy anymore. Pregnancy is harder when there's other people counting on you!

Panda - welcome! For me try not to do much with the move! I'm convinced our move was one of the reasons behind my mc. We found out I was pregnant the day we closed on our house and then spent the next 2 weeks moving heavy boxes, scrubbing the rental house clean and generally freaking out. I'm taking it easy this time. No heavy lifting or strong chemicals!

yeah i totally know what u mean! we only have to pay our water bill every 3months and its never much at all.
i also can remember when i was pregnant with my first ahhh the peace and quite but nope not with this one, its like when i wanna rest or feel sick i still gotta get up and get him off to school! im just glad he 5yr old and can do some things for himself:)
the bath totally help tonight i feel alot better and now im gonna head off to bed goodnight everyone

Lovn - thanks for the link to the thread, I'd love to join! I'm due on 24th July, can't wait to speak to girls due around the same time! x

whigfield so sorry that happened praying that all goes better, and the bleeding stops. iv heard bleeding can be normal during pregnancy at the begining, like left over blood leaving the body, but it is still unassuring when its hapening. glad you got to see your little one and everything is going good.

I have my first scan on Monday, very excited! Not much for symptoms, nausea here and there. I do get a lot of stomach aches. So far the symptoms for this pregnancy are very different from when I was pregnant with dd.

After being part of the May expecting group, it's so good to be back in the baby way and hopefully all goes well, and I'll be able to hang on to this one.. Just found out today! EDD is July 28, 2013 but if my ob does my sch. c/s (2 previous c/s's) a week early--could be around July 21st--my mom's b-day is the 22nd, and I plan on telling my hubby on the 27th of Nov. as that is our 12 year anniversary! :happydance:
Crazy thing is--my son is getting married next June...LOL... But I'm very excited to complete our family and have waited 11 years to have our last..

would you be able to update my date to july 4th please? just realised im still down for the 10th but after my scan yesterday its confirmed for the 4th :)
thanks

Whigfield - So sorry you had to go through all that! Did you manage to get to your mum's? I think rest will do you good! And so glad your baby's okay in there!

Waiting2012 - Congrats! Hoping for a sticky baby for you!!

Maratobe - Awesome to be put 1 week forward!

Everyone's having their scans so soon! I won't have mine for another 5 weeks!

it is, because i had PCOS i wasnt sure when i ovulated exactly. all i knew was that my last period was the 27th of september

it is, because i had PCOS i wasnt sure when i ovulated exactly. all i knew was that my last period was the 27th of september

American Independence day...the 4th...very red white and blue etc maybe a boy??
Ours is now the 5th July not the 1st of July...need to update that too as I am not as far along as I thought I was. My hubby is convinced that the scan is more accurate cause he knows we only DTD twice that month so has to be close to around those couple of times :haha:

see its hard for us cause we had sex very regularly through the month but ill just go by what the ultrasound says although chances are we will be having bub early anyway :)

I've got my scan appointment on the 24th of December! Such an awesome Christmas pressie :). And I'll finally know how far along we are then!

So excited!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->