~*~* July Sunbeams *~*~43 Babies Here So Far!!! 25 Boys / 18 Girls

Egg mayo is fine, as long as eggs are boiled and mayo is shop bought. I.e Hellmanns which is pasteurised.
Cheese I just have chedder, i think it's Brie and Stilton etc you can't have. Im soooo gonna miss Stilton this Christmas.

What is everyone else going to miss this Christmas?
(Of course it's totally worth it!)
I'm not a big drinker anyways so won't miss the alcohol!

Thank you ladies for the reassurance...It makes me feel a whole lot better cause I ate a lot of potato salad before finding out I was up the duff. So glad to hear about the mayo...cause it is hard to escape. Another question while we are on the food topic...with the deli meats are they ok if they are cooked like on a pizza? I really love pepperoni pizza and not sure if it is ok cause it is sort of a deli meat.

Oh Lumi I'm so sorry... the good news is that we seem to be extra fertile right after!! Our mc was in September. :hugs:

Oh my gosh guys, what's wrong with sour cream?! I've never heard that anywhere!

Not sure bec...just realized your DD is a Mackenzie...same as my 5 year old niece...it's not a very common name but I think it is pretty :thumbup:

afm ms seems to have gone a bit :/...am praying this means nothing! anyone else had ms a little bit, ie. on saturday i felt pretty awful, then it pretty much disapear the past couple days. I've been able to eat more too. But i've still got a funny taste in my mouth so hoping all is fine in there!

I am the same way. Last week was CRAZY bad with morning sickness. I couldn't keep anything down most of the week and felt horrible. Saturday I went to a wedding, stayed out till 2AM (insane, right?), danced with friends, ate cake...felt great! Yesterday was bad again, but not as bad, I think I was just so tired from the wedding. Today I have all sorts of energy! I really don't get it lol. I have my first appointment Wednesday so we'll see what the dr says, but I'm sure it's fine to feel yuck some days and better others :) Maybe we are lucky and have already gotten through the worst of it? :thumbup:

I'm so sorry luminescent! :hugs: I will be thinking of you!

Lovn, that is such great news! I am so happy for you! :happydance:

As for me, I have the week off so I'm just kicking back and relaxing! :D

I don't panick about what I eat when pregnant! It's all "with a pinch of salt" it's just guidelines, not rules. I was eating a very medium steak last week which was more red than brown... complete with blood... my mouth is watering as I type thinking about it! LOL Everything in moderation is my rule :)

Thank you ladies for the reassurance...It makes me feel a whole lot better cause I ate a lot of potato salad before finding out I was up the duff. So glad to hear about the mayo...cause it is hard to escape. Another question while we are on the food topic...with the deli meats are they ok if they are cooked like on a pizza? I really love pepperoni pizza and not sure if it is ok cause it is sort of a deli meat.

Listeria ( the bug potentially in deli meat) cannot survive in heat- as long as you cook the meat ON the pizza, rather than adding it after, you're totally fine. This goes for unpasteurised cheese too. Long as it's hot (over 165) listeria can't survive.

There is NO recommendation to avoid deli meat in the UK, since the risk is so low- I wouldn't worry about it that much. x

I hear you...when my mother was preggo she ate whatever she wanted there was no warning about anything. When my sisinlaw was preg she even had the occasional glass of wine without any bad effects on the baby. I just am probably over thinking it all.

Egg mayo is fine, as long as eggs are boiled and mayo is shop bought. I.e Hellmanns which is pasteurised.
Cheese I just have chedder, i think it's Brie and Stilton etc you can't have. Im soooo gonna miss Stilton this Christmas.

I miss goat cheese (tho they say its ok if pasturized, I've still been avoiding it for now)...I love spinach with goat cheese salad, avocado/goat cheese omelets, toast with goat cheese...um, you get the idea! :)

I miss goat cheese (tho they say its ok if pasturized, I've still been avoiding it for now)...I love spinach with goat cheese salad, avocado/goat cheese omelets, toast with goat cheese...um, you get the idea! :)

LOL Myra...I love feta and ricotta...so nice in salads! I have been avoiding these as I didn't know the rule about heat or pasteurization but I suppose that is what pasteurization:haha: means...it's been heated.:dohh:

I have read to avoid pepperoni and salami (and sausage I think) because of the Sodium Nitrates they are preserved with. If you can find some without the Sodium Nitrate it should be fine to eat. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me because I am really missing my salami I bought before my BFP. I had been years since having it before I bought it.

Hey ladies I have my first prenatal appointment tomorrow!!!!! :D
They said I may get an ultrasound then as well, it just depends what the dr. Says. I'm hoping they give me one!!!

6 weeks today and all day sickness has kicked in. So hard to work in a clinic and not gag all day long. I had to test someone's urine today and I could not stop gagging. My heightened sense of smell is killing me. I just keep reminding myself that new symptoms are a sign of a developing pregnancy. Have to see the positive. :)

Listeria is serious. My friend had a still birth and the autopsy determined it was due to a listeria infection. It weakened her umbilical chord so when she went into labor it separated from the baby. Just my bit on that. However I understand that if you want (NEED lol) a cold cut sandwich then you can heat the meat til steaming and refrigerate so the meat is cold again.

I lost my baby at six and a half weeks... So you can take me off of here. This was my first pregnancy so it was really scary. But God knows what he was doing and know he can take care of my baby. I hope he blesses me with a baby soon though... Praying for all of you though and I hope you all have a happy and healthy pregnancy:) Best of luck!

I lost my baby at six and a half weeks... So you can take me off of here. This was my first pregnancy so it was really scary. But God knows what he was doing and know he can take care of my baby. I hope he blesses me with a baby soon though... Praying for all of you though and I hope you all have a happy and healthy pregnancy:) Best of luck!

I'm so sorry for your loss :hugs: Sending love your way.

Dawn--I'm so sorry hun.. :cry::hugs::cry: I pray that God hears your cry and you are blessed once again.. :hugs:

Just checking in..
4 wks 1 day and it seems all is going ok so far..IT IS SO HARD not to tell the dh... But I'm determined to stay hush-hush... Just have another week...:coffee::haha: I have my positive hpt hidden too..:haha: I am pleasantly surprised that the only thing I'm still having issues with is acne and fatigue..Went to bed a bit after 8pm last night and slept till 5 at which time the bladder woke me up..LOL.. Boobs are def a bit more tender, especially when the dh grabs them..:blush: BUT staying hush-hush..

I hope everyone is having a good day/evening... And a big welcome to the new :bfp:s and condolences to the losses..

Hey ladies I have my first prenatal appointment tomorrow!!!!! :D
They said I may get an ultrasound then as well, it just depends what the dr. Says. I'm hoping they give me one!!!

:happydance: That's great June! Can't wait to read how your appt goes.. I won't be seen till 11 or 12 weeks..That's the norm for the doctor I see even though I've had previous losses since seeing him--unless something is going "wrong" he won't see me before that--but like you--I should get my u/s done at that time too :)

:hugs::hugs: so sorry hun! i hope you get another blessing soon!

Medipea--
I work in daycare, and I understand the gagging when there are certain smells... I'm starting to notice that certain things are just making my head spin--either overly strong or overly pungent..LOL... I have a toddler whose mom sends her lima beans with her lunch--and MAN, they were so aweful smelling.... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->