July testers - Over 35

Hi bubba,so glad to hear from u again,I really hope the witch stays away and u get your much wanted bfp ,we all missed u so much ,great to hear you are settling in,xxxxxxxx

yes that is me, no maternity LOL. Well we have insurance but no maternity coverage. Tests and stuff should be covered but no actual maternity stuff. He did the math and figured it would cost at least $21,000 before all was said and done to have maternity for me and ready to run...he thinks it will all be less out of pocket

Ummm, he's an atty, he should know it never works out like ya think, lol. When I had DD 14 years ago, my policy didn't cover maternity and it was $16,000. You'll be close. Just bring your own Tylenol to the hospital and don't ask for anything extra, lol.

Was it a normal delivery without complications?

Yes, but since I was self pay, I did stay one extra day in the hospital bc I was afraid to go home, lol.

Morning girls,

Welcome back Bubba, hope the move went well. Hopefully you left AF back in Asia. Great to see you back.

Llbean - I know shit about the insurance thing but you could have a wee holiday in the UK and give birth here for free. :)

Anyone testing today? Bring on those BFP's

AFM - Well my back is bad today but i was out in the garden yesterday so it was to be expected. Sent DS to grans for the day so that i can sit here with my feet up watching old films and have DH bring me coffee, lunch ans basically anything i want. Ah to be a princess for a day. Bliss(well apart from the pain). I have ditched a few of my meds as well until i know what is going on so that will also explain the extra pain.

Have a great day folks. :hugs:

Good morning Wendy...is your back hurting more than normal?

Yeah its worse than normal but i did do some weeding in the garden yesterday and took my morphine patch off so i think it was to be expected. There is always a noticable difference when i remove the patch or forget to change it in time. Its a slow release morphine patch that releases 20mg per hour for a week. Cant use my tens machine either just incase there is a new pregnancy in there i wouldnt take the chance. I always knew that if i fell pg then a few of the drugs that i take would have to go and that i would have to manage my pain some other way ie alternative therapy etc

Hi ladies,

Bubba!! Great to have you back!!! Hope :witch: stays away and you're settling in :hugs:

LL, fingers crossed for you hun!! Only 1 more day to go until you hopefully get some answers either way :hugs:

Wendy, is the pain out of the ordinary for you? I hope it settles down! When are they re-scanning?

AFM, :bfn: today, but on the other hand I may be implanted so woohoo??
Off for my 5km run (first official run ever), I'm nervous beyond belief and had the worse sleep ever, can't wait to get this over with and come home to nap. Oh and it's an oven out there again today, but at least it rained a bit so the humidity has gone down.

HUGS to all!

Hi ladies,

Bubba!! Great to have you back!!! Hope :witch: stays away and you're settling in :hugs:

LL, fingers crossed for you hun!! Only 1 more day to go until you hopefully get some answers either way :hugs:

Wendy, is the pain out of the ordinary for you? I hope it settles down! When are they re-scanning?

AFM, :bfn: today, but on the other hand I may be implanted so woohoo??
Off for my 5km run (first official run ever), I'm nervous beyond belief and had the worse sleep ever, can't wait to get this over with and come home to nap. Oh and it's an oven out there again today, but at least it rained a bit so the humidity has gone down.

HUGS to all!

Woohoo! i hope you are implanting hun. Enjoy your run.

This level of pain happens now and again. Its activity and reduced drug related. With my last pregnancy i ended up with SPD and a difficult labour which both together damaged my Illyac(sp) joint. Its never going to get any better so i will have chronic pain for the rest of my life. I did expect it though, it was inevitable when i took the morphine patch off. I was rather stupid though yesterday with the weeding, i should never have done as much as i did.

:hugs: Wendy, hopefully you can relax the rest of the day!!!

DMom I'm already onto my second litre of water :) Hopefully they have PortaPotties near the start line :rofl:

Hubbie has just asked me if there is anything i needed to to today that i wont manage now. He says he will do it for me.

Would it be wrong to tell him i was going to clean the oven when i had no intention of doing it? LOL

Hubbie has just asked me if there is anything i needed to to today that i wont manage now. He says he will do it for me.

Would it be wrong to tell him i was going to clean the oven when i had no intention of doing it? LOL

Don't forget the fridge and freezer! I swear you mentioned earlier that you had both of those on your to-do list, lol. :blush:

I have a question for you ladies. Your answers will help me greatly with tomorrow's appointment.

Would you let them do a transvaginal US if there was a chance that there could be a new (3w+5) bean in there?

I dont know if this is there intention but i do know that they will concentrate on the tubes and check for ectopic so i would imagine that they may suggest it. I am currently thinking No. Last months CP is still very raw and i am thinking that sticking something up there(sorry i couldnt put this any other way) wouldnt be a good idea.

Thanks again girls.

W.
x

Don't forget the fridge and freezer! I swear you mentioned earlier that you had both of those on your to-do list, lol. :blush:

Thanks for reminding me. I knew there was something else. :haha:

I have him stripping the beds now and hanging out the washing is next.

Well he did ask. lol

Wendy- I am assuming that your doc will do a pelvic exam anyway, so I would take any testing that you can physically handle.

Wendy- I am assuming that your doc will do a pelvic exam anyway, so I would take any testing that you can physically handle.

Its not a doctor tomorrow though hun its a midwive and sonographer as far as i can gather. I am just concerned that any pelvic exam or internal could interfere with a growing baby. Its bloody hard trying to make a decision when i have no idea whats for the best.

I've never had a trans-vaginal scan so not sure how it will feel or whether it could negatively impact a new pregnancy. If it will give you answers and you feel you can handle it physically and emotionally then it may help answer some questions but really not sure :hugs: Sorry not much help to you :hugs:

Also I seem to remember you saying you were going to clean the windows inside and out :laugh2:

I've never had a trans-vaginal scan so not sure how it will feel or whether it could negatively impact a new pregnancy. If it will give you answers and you feel you can handle it physically and emotionally then it may help answer some questions but really not sure :hugs: Sorry not much help to you :hugs:

Also I seem to remember you saying you were going to clean the windows inside and out :laugh2:

I have a window cleaner for he outside but maybe the inside. lol

I have to vacate the couch now as he is going to scrub them. Its full of chocolate and jam from yesterday so it needs done. Off course if he does one he has to do all the cushions and the other couch as well.

Am working him hard today. lol

Off to sit in the sun before i get a wet bum sitting here.

This really is the life. lol :rofl:

I have a question for you ladies. Your answers will help me greatly with tomorrow's appointment.

Would you let them do a transvaginal US if there was a chance that there could be a new (3w+5) bean in there?

I dont know if this is there intention but i do know that they will concentrate on the tubes and check for ectopic so i would imagine that they may suggest it. I am currently thinking No. Last months CP is still very raw and i am thinking that sticking something up there(sorry i couldnt put this any other way) wouldnt be a good idea.

Thanks again girls.

W.
x

Wendy i have a transvaginal at 6 weeks with my 1st pregnancy and it's fine. They use this method before your 8 weeks. Don't worry its very normal. But i suppose at the end of the day you need to do whats right for you. Good luck for tomorrow my lovely :hugs: xx

Its not a doctor tomorrow though hun its a midwive and sonographer as far as i can gather. I am just concerned that any pelvic exam or internal could interfere with a growing baby. Its bloody hard trying to make a decision when i have no idea whats for the best.

An internal exam is not going to disturb anything in there; your midwife will not be going into your uterus; even a trasvag will only go as far up as your cervical opening.

Wendy - I'm planning on cleaning the oven today and you've just made me start thinking of ways I could get DH to do it instead!! But he's clearing out the roofspace - I soooo prefer the oven... Bloody house move, I wish it was over (even though it is exciting)

And even more exciting - +ve smiley OPK this morning!! Woo-hoo!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->