July testers - Over 35

The midwife from the EPAY has just called. My hcg level is 1997 so its gone up. They are worried because they expected it to go down given that there was nothing on the scan. They think its ectopic and are sending my notes to one of the major hospitals in Glasgow that run a Gynae emergency service over the weekend. They are unsure as to whether this could be a new pregnancy as with such high hcg levels it would be unlikely that i ovulated. I am back on Monday for another scan and more bloods.

What i cannot tell them (because it was a favour and a different dept) is that my mate scanned me on Monday and said that my tubes, ovarys were clear and there were no cycts etc

FWed that they figure this out soon for you too, Wendy....and major :hugs:

Wendy, I INSIST they missed something on the first scan, I hope the baby is in there and in the right spot for you!

ok so don't intend to gross you out but here is what I am spotting
IMAG1413.jpg

LL- that actually looks pretty good...that's old blood. Very bright red would worry me, but I think you are in good shape!

Here's my theory, and it's just that...but, if one were to be a lte implanter, which I think you are bc you didn't get a BFP until 13DPO, then your body was already gearing up for AF. It would be hard to believe that your body just knows not to expel any lining at all...it's got to go somewhere, lol.

Yeah, it looks like old blood LLBean and with that small amount I wouldn't be worried if everything else was normal. But with your prog. being low that is what concerns me.

Luckily you are about to get care so that is a big relief. Someone with experience in these things needs to see you. They need to have a better understanding of healthy progesterone levels during an early pregnancy.

Try not to worry, breathe and relax. It has been said that stress can cause lower progesterone levels and apparently large meals can lower prog. levels too. :shrug: (I read it somewhere lol)

So, take it easy, eat small bites if you are hungry and just insist on your blood tests and ask for stat results. I'm glad you went in! :thumbup:

Wendy, you are a very patient girl!

Its wearing a little thin now. I wanted answers today and fully expected to get them. :growlmad:

You very well should've gotten them; it really is bull shitake! :growlmad:

You know your tubes are clear...so, no etopic. You know your levels shouldn't be going up like that, there has to be a bean in there!

Yeah, it looks like old blood LLBean and with that small amount I wouldn't be worried if everything else was normal. But with your prog. being low that is what concerns me.

Luckily you are about to get care so that is a big relief. Someone with experience in these things needs to see you. They need to have a better understanding of healthy progesterone levels during an early pregnancy.

Try not to worry, breathe and relax. It has been said that stress can cause lower progesterone levels and apparently large meals can lower prog. levels too. :shrug: (I read it somewhere lol)

So, take it easy, eat small bites if you are hungry and just insist on your blood tests and ask for stat results. I'm glad you went in! :thumbup:

seriously? dang it, I should not have had breakfast...I ate cause I thought that would help LOL

Wow Wendy, you have been through a lot lately honey! So they think it's an ectopic? Can't they scan you again right now to be sure? I would think that higher LCG levels mean something is growing so maybe what they couldn't see before is visible now. It doesn't sound like you shoudl have to wait till Monday for anything, it sounds like this warrants more investigation today.

My fingers are crossed for you!

LOL, I don't know, I found that on a website that caters to women with low progesterone levels and it was on a long list of suggestions for raising prog. levels naturally so who knows! I try to follow that rule, just in case, because I seem to have low prog. problems.

ack...well it was 2 eggs scrambled, with some cheese...hope that is not much lol

Wendy I'm sorry that they still haven't figured things out for you, that really does suck.
I kept checking this thread for your news, I really hope you hear something soon, it's not fair to leave you stressing over this for another whole weekend.

Its wearing a little thin now. I wanted answers today and fully expected to get them. :growlmad:

You know your tubes are clear...so, no etopic. You know your levels shouldn't be going up like that, there has to be a bean in there!

I cant tell them that i know about the tubes though because the scan that showed me that was done on the fly. :wacko:

Wendy - I'm afraid nothing in the NHS is fast these days. They left me waiting all over Christmas and it was the biggest headf*ck ever let me tell you!

You know it's not ectopic, they will find that out on Monday, but in the meantime you have elevated HCG and apparently nothing to show for it. So frustrating! :hugs:

Wow Wendy, you have been through a lot lately honey! So they think it's an ectopic? Can't they scan you again right now to be sure? I would think that higher LCG levels mean something is growing so maybe what they couldn't see before is visible now. It doesn't sound like you shoudl have to wait till Monday for anything, it sounds like this warrants more investigation today.

My fingers are crossed for you!

DH is going mad about the fact that we have to wait until Monday so i called them back. There is no sonographer there on a Friday afternoon as there is no clinics running. I would have called my friend again and asked her to scan me but i know she is away for the weekend. :wacko:

Wendy I'm sorry that they still haven't figured things out for you, that really does suck.
I kept checking this thread for your news, I really hope you hear something soon, it's not fair to leave you stressing over this for another whole weekend.

I am actually worried about the possible ectopic now more than anything. My friend that scanned me works in radiology so could well have missed something. I am seond guessing now because she made a point of showing me everything on the scan but i suppose its still possible. They must be concerned though if they are sending my notes in a taxi to another hospital for the weekend just in case and then back again in a taxt on Monday morning for my appointment. They have told me that if i just dont feel right, have any pain to head straight to the hospital. So i am torn. I trust my friend but there is that little seed of doubt now.

Wendy - I'm afraid nothing in the NHS is fast these days. They left me waiting all over Christmas and it was the biggest headf*ck ever let me tell you!

You know it's not ectopic, they will find that out on Monday, but in the meantime you have elevated HCG and apparently nothing to show for it. So frustrating! :hugs:

Over chrsitmas? FFS!

i am just worried that my friend might have missed something as it was a scan done as a favour. Brian keeps reminding me that she showed my everything but there is that little seed of doubt that i cant help.

Wendy, if you trust your friend, which I am sure you do...go with what she told you. I won't tell you to relax, but your friend has your best interest at heart. And WTH kind of hospital doesn't have a sonographer?

I would be inclined to make up pain and go to the hospital to get a scan today. But thats just me :)

hope you get your answers soon :hugs:

I cant tell them that i know about the tubes though because the scan that showed me that was done on the fly. :wacko:

Wendy I honestly don't think the scan done *under the counter* on Monday rules out an ectopic, embryos are teeny tiny creatures and very early on it can be easy to overlook. Given that the HCG has not increased as much as it would have for a uterine pregnancy, I agree ectopic is the most likely explanation. A follow-up scan should start showing something soon though. :hugs: and fingers crossed you'll have an answer soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->