June 2015

myra

Reaction score
Hello :flower:

I got my BFP a few days ago at 10dpo. Now that it's had a chance to sink in (and for the line to darken and reassure me!), I'm starting to believe I just might be pregnant!!:winkwink:

My due date will be around June 7. I haven't booked an appointment yet with my doc but will be going back to the same high risk practice I saw during my last pregnacy. It was a challenging pregnancy, in and out of the hospital until my son was born at 29 weeks & spent 3 months in the NICU. He's almost 18months now and is doing so well that OH and I went back on our decision to not have another kid. OH and I are 41 and cautiously excited.

Looking forward to meeting some other 35+ to share the journey with over the next 9 months.

Hi Myra

Nice to meet you. I'm hoping I can join you. I'm 10 dpo and yesterday and today I poas and got squinters so I'm testing again tomorrow. I think it's a yes and due date will be around the 13 th june if it is a bfp.

I'm 35 soon to be 36. I have a gorgeous daughter who will be 20 months in a couple of days. I didn't enjoy being pregnant as I vomited until 32 weeks and was sick until birth. It doesn't sound as bad as yours though and I hope this pregnancy goes much better for you :)
3 months in nicu must have been terrible, I can't even begin to imagine.

Dh is 42 next month. I haven't told him yet because he's having a really stressful week and I don't want to add another baby to it. I'll wait until a very dark bfp and he'll be stoked I know.

I had a miscarriage in July so I hope this little nugget sticks.

Nice to meet you.

Congratulations spudtastic!!
Nice to meet you as well and to have at least 1 other person to share the journey with. I hope this pregnancy goes much smoother for you than the last! How old is your first child? Have you told DH yet?
And how are your lines looking?

Sorry - lots of questions at once! ;-)

Hello :)
My lines are much darker now. How are your lines?

I told hubby yesterday and he's been sooooo happy. He was dancing around singing 'my swimmers still work' lol. Dd is 20 months old today so about 2 months older than your little one.

Do you mind me asking what your pregnancy problems were and why little one was in nicu? Of course you don't have to share if you don't want to.

Is there anything you are going to try do differently this pregnancy?
I thought I might try to learn hypno birthing. Also last time dd was facing the wrong way for birth and apparently there are ways you can sit to avoid this.

Long post again sorry :)

I'm glad to hear your husband is excited. Must be a bit of a relief after worrying about when to tell him.

My lines are nice and dark. Husband still has me taking pregnancy tests every day (Internet cheapies) to reassure him that my hormones are still high. We had an early loss with our first pregnancy but in that one my lines started faint and after a couple days started to get even lighter until they went away and I got AF.

With my son, first trimester was smooth. But then second tri was rough. I had 2 episodes of major bleeding that lasted several days. Ultrasoind showed baby was ok but the bleeding was caused by something docs called subchorionic hematoma. Was on bed rest and We were told the goal was to make it to 24 weeks when the baby would be viable. Some focs said we would be ok. Another told me I was miscarrying, so hubby and I just waited for the worts to happen. Bleeding stopped after about 18 weeks. But the next month I was hospitalized with potential food poisoning and put on heavy doses of antibiotics for 4 days to protect the baby in case it was good poisioning (tests eventually came back negative). Then a few weeks later at 26 weeks a routine ultrasound showed my cervix had shortened and was almost gone. Doc out a circloge on it to try and stop further shortening and I was in bed rest again. A few days later my water broke and I was admitted to hospital on strict bed rest. Connor was born 2 1/2 weeks later.

My son was 3 1/2 pounds when born, apparently a good size for being so early. His lungs weren't fully developed so he had respiratory issues which kept him there longer. Before he could leave, he had to gain weight, be able to feed himself (meaning breast or bottle versus feedibg tube) and go 5 days without an apisode of his breathing and heart stopping. He had so many tests, machines hooked up to him, blood transfusion etc etc. I don't know how we all made it through but we did. Now at a year and a half, he is one of the happiest kids I have ever known and he doesn't have any long-term problems from being premature.

Sorry for the long story! Don't know how to explain it all any shorter. As for what id do differently this pregnacy....I'm just praying for a "normal" pregnancy and birth where my baby can be discharged on time when I am discharged. Fingers crossed...and lots of prayers.

What's a hypno bath?how have you been feeling?

Hey there I am 35 will be 36 in April. This is our first (everything crossed) after 11 years TTC!! I am due June 10th!

Congratulations LornaMJ!! And welcome :flower:

Everything crossed for you two as well! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you over the next 9 months

Hi Myra and lorna

Lorna - I see you are in Nelson. I'm in wanaka :)

Myra - I also hope you have an easier pregnancy and birth. It sounds like it was such a stressful time :-(

Hypno birthing is when you self hypnotise I suppose. You learn visualisation and breathing techniques to reduce the pain. For example each contraction is seen as a ripple moving your baby out and also something about vaginas blooming like flowers. I know it sounds very hippyish but I've heard great things about it and it's worth a try lol.
I'm not very good with dealing with pain.

That's quite sweet your oh wants you to keep testing. He sounds caring. I also had a miscarriage. It was in July at 8 weeks. I never felt pregnant with that one but I do now.

Are your lines still getting darker?

:wave: Hi Spudtastic..yes I am in Nelson what a small world. Love Wanaka gorgeous part of the south island!

Spudtastic- I think my lines have gotten as dark as the tests allow since they're as dark as the control line.

Do either of you have scans coming up? Mine is 2 weeks from today on the 20th- I'll be 7w 2d then. Counting down til I can get a peek at the little one and reassurance that all is going ok.

Other than feeling exhausted and some slight breast soreness, I'm not noticing much different yet. How are you both feeling? Spudtastic- when did your morning sickness start with your last pregnancy? Lorna- Did you have any with your previous pregnancies?

Hello.

Yes I have a scan next Wednesday. I'll be 5+5. My midwife suggested it since I had a miscarriage last time. I know all I will see is a dot though ss I had one with dd at 5+3. But then it's crazy how by the 13 week scan there is a whole little person already.

My morning sickness last time started at exactly 6 weeks. We'll see how we go this time. When I miscarried it was at 8 weeks and I had no morning sickness so even though I'm not looking forward to it I hope I get it.
Did you have any morning sickness last time?

I'm starting to get unbelievably tired. Dd still wakes 2 to 4 times a night. Oh and I'm very emotional.

Lorna - I love Nelson. That would be my second choice after wanaka.

Nice to see some other ladies with June 2015 due dates. I would be June 10th for now. Until my ultrasound. This Is y 7th Pregnancy, hopefully my 3rd child. Very happy.....and moody....and happy.....and moody haha. I don't do well in pregnancy but this one already feels different.

Anyway, looking forward to following other peoples stories and experiences until June. Its nice to know you're not alone. Congrats to all of you!!!! :) <3 let's grow some healthy babies!!!!

So far me and the man are calling the baby "Storm"

Sorry haven't been on in a bit...working full time + mom to toddler + bun in the oven = little free time online...plus to be honest, I'm nervous (as it soubds we all are to varying degrees). It's hard to try and balance excitement with all the "what ifs" going through my head. This morning I had some pink discharge a couple times when I wiped. I've read that it can be normal, so I'm trying to focus on that versus the other side of things.

Welcome and congratulations lunamom! Happy to have to join us!

Spudtastic- I was lucky. Last pregnancy that I had minimal morning sickness.

Hi Myra.

I totally understand about online time. I also work but from home. We have our own business. And I have a toddler and a bun too lol. I just want to sleep all the time.

I've heard pink discharge can be normal. How is it going today? Have you contacted your midwife\doctor/lmc?

Does your daughter stay home with you? I don't think my son would let me get any work done if I was home... ;-)

Yesterday I only had a spot of brown discharge, so I didn't call my doc. This morning though there's more when I wipe and it's pinkish/red. No cramping. It's a long holiday weekend here so we're going to see how things go. If need be, we'll go to the hospital. We're trying hard to be less reactive this pregnancy (though we certainly had cause last pregnancy...just trying to separate what was from what is)

Hi Myra
I've been thinking about you. How are you doing? I hope everything is ok.

Thanks. Doing ok here. Only occasional tiny amounts of pink when I wipe after a bowel movement. Other than that, just old blood (brown) when I wipe. I have my scan on Monday and think that will go a long way towards reassuring me that things are ok.

How have you been feeling? Still lucky enough to avoid morning sickness so far?

I just remembered you had you scan last week Spudtastic- how did it go? Were you able to see the heartbeat or was it too early for that?

Just found out we are pregnant with our first baby last week! I just turned 36 yesterday, looking like i will be due June 20th (according to my lmp) but I hope to know more tommorrow as i have my first ultrasound scheduled.

Heres to a happy and healthy 9 (well 8) months to all of us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->