June 2015

Hello

Myra - how are you doing? Have you been for any scans yet? Any sickness?

I got the scan date wrong. I thought it was last week but it is this Thursday instead. I've only had mild nausea but I'm still worried. It was just sooooo bad with my dd. I'll feel better after the scan (hoping it goes well).

Hi bukah - congratulations on your pregnancy. It's exciting times :)

Hi Spud- morning sickness has been creeping in over the past 4 days. Not throwing up but mild general nausea and headaches for most of he day. It goes away for a short time when I eat. But if this is the extent of it, I'll be happy.

I had my first scan yesterday (7weeks)- everything was normal and I saw the little flickering heartbeat. A big relief!!! Then I met with the doc- i didn't really like the one from last pregnamcy so switched and like this one much better. At 16 weeks I'll start getting weekly progesterone shots (to reduce chance of pre-term birth again) and ultrasounds every 2 weeks to monitor cervix length (mine gave out last time and water broke at 27w). If it's stars shortening again, there are a couple procedures they can do. With all this, doc said my chance of having a normal, term pregnancy is at least 90%. Big sigh of relief!!! Due date is now June 10

Congrats and welcome bukah! Looking forward to hearing about your scan today- how far along are you?

I'm about 5 weeks and 3/4 days. First scan today went great! It was just to be sure that there was a sac and that it was in fact in the uterus! Next one is in two weeks to find out more on due date; etc.

Myra.. that is great news! Seeing the heartbeat has definitely got to be a huge sigh of relief. My doctor has already put me on progesterone suppositories just to be sure. I just cant wait to be out of the first trimester where it will be easier to relax!

Fingers crossed spudtastic! Hoping it all goes well.

Quietly sneaking in here. Didn't think I'd ever been on a due date board again. I lost a wee one the last day of Feb. 2014 so am cautiously optimistic.

We shall see what happens. Congratulations to all of you!! :happydance:

Hi.

Congratulations Tambone :)

I had my scan today. I got a due date of 18th to 20 th June, which is much later than I thought. I used opks so I know exactly when I ovulated too. The radiologist reassured me that it's normal though. Based on my calculations lmp would have been 9 june and positive opk would have been 13th to 14 th june. This could actually explain why my mum said she was two weeks overdue with her first three childrrn.

Saw the heartbeat so that's the main thing.

Spudtastic and bukah- glad to hear that your scans went well. A bit confusing about the dates, Spud, esp when you were using opks but it sounds like there isn't any cause for concern.

Welcome Tambone! Sorry for your loss earlier this year- I hope that this little one is here to stay!

Hi everyone, been a while since I last popped my head on here.

Spud - Great news you go to see bubs.

Hope everyone else is great.

AFM - Had a 7 weeks scan on Weds and everything was great, got see the heartbeat and we are completely on track Due date confirmed as 10th June yay

What great news Lorna! Glad everything looked good!

On my end, um still nauseaous a lot, esp in the afternoon/evenings. I've gone to bed a couple times at 7 just so I could avoid feeling that for a couple extra hours (plus I have been exhausted). But strangely I now alternate between this nausea and then sudden extreme hunger, when I feel like I am going to lose my mind if I don't eat RIGHT NOW!! It's bizarre how quickly it comes on and I can't think about anything- or even have a conversation- until I eat whatever food is on my mind at that moment (not a specific craving for one food- one day it's bagels and cream cheese, the next Vietnamese spring rolls or a tuna sub). The only other changes are I've already gone up a bra size and I'm showing already (even though I've inly gained 3 lbs). I've heard you show earlier with the second but this is much earlier than I expected

How is everyone else feeling? Any changes you're experiencing?

Hi everyone! I am new to the is site. We are expecting our first child in June. I am 7 weeks tomorrow and I have lost three pregnancies (all before 8 weeks). I am praying that this one makes it full term. I have had nausea and many sleepless nights. We had our first scan at 6 weeks 2 days and everything is great so far!

I hope that everyone has happy and healthy pregnancies!!

Hlynne - congratulations and here's to a happy and healthy nine months to you :) I had one miscarriage before this pregnancy (two in total) so I'm also praying every day that all goes well. Sorry for your losses.

Myra - I'm exactly the same with nausea and food. It's really strange. Hubby doesn't quite get the must eat now thing and I'm hungry a lot. I'm nauseas all day but no vomiting yet which is good but I'll have to accept that I won't put as little weight on overall as last time. I was back to my start weight a couple of weeks after birth because I lost so much weight it the first tri. This time I'm a food monster. Lol.

Myra - Thats great we have the same EDD!! Sorry to hear about the nausea I have not been too bad but extremely tired and my bra size has gone up everyone has noticed that in work.

hlynne - welcome, I can fully understand your anxiety also having three miscarriages. When is your scan, will you not have one at 7 weeks given your history?

Spud - Glad all is going well, although you have the dreaded nausea, my fellow kiwi! Have you had your scan yet?

Lornamj - I did have my first scan at 6 weeks 2 days. The baby measured 5.5mm and the heartbeat was 125 bpm. I cried when we heard the heartbeat. It is such a miracle, and i feel very blessed. I was put on clomid the month that I conceived. It only took one month, I was very happy about that! My progesterone is low as well so I am taking promethium for the next couple of months. I have a very good feeling about this pregnancy!

Myra - I also have nausea often. The first few weeks I was so hungry all the time. Now my appetite has subsided a bit due to the nausea, I believe.
I also have insomnia. I haven't slept much at all in two days. I am feeling quite wiped out today. I got out of the Army last year so that we could start a family so I am not working anymore which is great since I am constantly tired.

spudtastic - sorry to hear about your losses as well. Its a pretty hard thing to go through. I had a feeling for a while that it would never happen. This pregnancy is going well so far, so I am praying all the time that this is "The One"!!

Lornamj - I did have my first scan at 6 weeks 2 days. The baby measured 5.5mm and the heartbeat was 125 bpm. I cried when we heard the heartbeat. It is such a miracle, and i feel very blessed. I was put on clomid the month that I conceived. It only took one month, I was very happy about that! My progesterone is low as well so I am taking promethium for the next couple of months. I have a very good feeling about this pregnancy!

Myra - I also have nausea often. The first few weeks I was so hungry all the time. Now my appetite has subsided a bit due to the nausea, I believe.
I also have insomnia. I haven't slept much at all in two days. I am feeling quite wiped out today. I got out of the Army last year so that we could start a family so I am not working anymore which is great since I am constantly tired.

Yay to a great scan :happydance: Sounds like it could be a girl with the strong heartbeat :flower: I am on progesterone due to this being an IVF pregnancy. I also feel good about this pregnancy just feels different. As for insomnia I am so tired due to lack of sleep, oh well all for a good cause :winkwink:

Hlynne- congrats and welcome!!! You're almost at the 8 weeks mark- must be exciting and stressful at the same time? hoping this is he baby that stays for good as well. Good news about the scan! My doc said once you hear a heartbeat, there's a 94% chance the pregnancy will move forward normally.

Lorna- do you notice any side effects from progesterone? I'll be starting it at 16weeks and forgot to ask doctor what to expect

I've shifted from the extreme hunger/nausea to not wanting to eat anything at all since everything seems to upset my stomach. Someone on another site said Coca Cola helped them- and I tried hat this weekend I felt normal for a couple hours after- was wonderful! I think some of the headaches/nausea must be caffeine withdrawl since I suddenly stopped tea/coffee because it made nausea bad.

Lornamj - Wow, I wasn't aware that a strong heartbeat could mean that it's a girl! Exciting! I don't care what we have though, I just want a healthy baby!

Myra - I have been on progesterone supplements (Prometrium) since week 5. I didn't feel any unusual side effects from starting it. A friend of mine was taking it to try to get pregnant, and the only side effect that she had was that she gained a couple pounds, and felt bloated. She wasn't eating well at the time. After she cleaned up her diet, she lost the weight and no longer felt bloated. I don't think that you will have any issues being on a progesterone supplement. I am taking 200mg a day (pill). Some doctors opt for suppositories. I have never tried them.

Thanks for the input on progesterone hlynne. Not sure the differences between suppositories, pills and shots but I'll be getting weekly shots. I'm assuming they all work the same

Hello.
That's good to hear about once you get a heartbeat there is a 94% chance of progressing normally.

I've also moved past that hunger phase and am just feeling sick all the time. Still haven't vomited though though it feels like I am going to all the time.

I'm just trying to build up the courage to get my daughter some breakfast.

Cant say I noticed many side effects either, however, I finish all my supplements at 13 weeks. Why are you starting them at 16 weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->