June 2015

Cant say I noticed many side effects either, however, I finish all my supplements at 13 weeks. Why are you starting them at 16 weeks?

In my last pregnancy during a routine ultrasound at 26w, they found that my cervix had shortened down to 3mm...I was put on bed rest at home but 3 days later my water broke. I spent the next 2 weeks on bed rest in the hospital until my son was born at 29w. The progesterone shots are supposed to stop the cervix from shortening early and delivering another preemie. I'll also be getting ultrasounds every 2 weeks, from 16-28w, to monitor cervix in case they need to put other measures in effect.

ME!!! My Due Date Guesstimate is June 12! :)
This will be my second.

It's funny, I was stressing about getting pregnant again and it just wasn't happening. Then I just stopped thinking about it for a few weeks and voila!! I'm 36, so I feel my time is short for having my family. And it's so physically taxing!!!! I understand now why I should have started ten years ago! My first is 14mos and to be honest... I haven't slept in 14mos!!! The thoughts of starting it all over again terrify me, but I'm really so happy! I wanted another baby so badly.

Hi all,

I just have a question.
It looks like everyone is getting very early scans.
My doctor scheduled me back for 4 weeks, no talk of a scan. I will hopefully be 10 weeks by then.
Is this normal?
All he did was take my blood work from the walk in clinic, check my blood pressure and my weight...grrrr.
I am 38 and this is my first pregnancy...I am going crazy with worry because I had a very early mc 3 years ago almost to today's date!
Barely any symptoms...I don't know if I will make it until the end of November...

Squiggy - this sounds so similar to me. I haven't slept for 20 months. And dh and I had been ttc since Christmas. We would love two and I didn't want to leave it too long. I am 35 and also understand this would have been much easier ten years ago but I wasn't emotionally ready then.

Jenny bean - can you ask for an early scan? It's hard isn't it to be calm until a later scan. I had a mc in july which is why I had one with this pregnancy. I know it's easier said than done but try to relax a little bit (I can't take my oen advice though lol).

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months to you both.

Squiggy - this sounds so similar to me. I haven't slept for 20 months. And dh and I had been ttc since Christmas. We would love two and I didn't want to leave it too long. I am 35 and also understand this would have been much easier ten years ago but I wasn't emotionally ready then.

Jenny bean - can you ask for an early scan? It's hard isn't it to be calm until a later scan. I had a mc in july which is why I had one with this pregnancy. I know it's easier said than done but try to relax a little bit (I can't take my oen advice though lol).

Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months to you both.

I went to the walk in clinic to get my beta's done because my doctor was a way and at the time the clinic gave me a requisition for an early scan, so I guess I could use that if I wanted to. I just don't want to go over my doctors head you know.

When I asked him about an early scan, he said you won't be able to see much anyways lol...

Thanks for responding.

Cant say I noticed many side effects either, however, I finish all my supplements at 13 weeks. Why are you starting them at 16 weeks?

In my last pregnancy during a routine ultrasound at 26w, they found that my cervix had shortened down to 3mm...I was put on bed rest at home but 3 days later my water broke. I spent the next 2 weeks on bed rest in the hospital until my son was born at 29w. The progesterone shots are supposed to stop the cervix from shortening early and delivering another preemie. I'll also be getting ultrasounds every 2 weeks, from 16-28w, to monitor cervix in case they need to put other measures in effect.

That makes sense bless you but how scary for you. Glad to hear they will be keeping a really good eye on you :hugs:

Congrats Squiggy and Jenny!!

Squiggy- I'm nervous as well, esp about the sleep issue since my 18month one often still wakes up once per night. I know we need to wean him off bottles but haven't done that yet.

Jenny- i didn't have any blood work but since I'm at a high-risk clinic, they do the first scans around 7-8weeks. I initially went to the clinic last pregnacy because of age (39 at the time) and was thankful to be there as multiple complications developed. If you have a req for an early scan and it would reassure you, why not set up an appointment? They can't see much at this age but they can see a heartbeat.

Lorna- yes, we had a terrifying few months during and after the pregnancy with my son in the NICU for 3 months...but to see him now you'd never know that he was "expected to miscarry" at 17 weeks or born a 3.5lb preemie or ever had heart/breathing problems. He's a rambunctious, healthy 28lb boy now, meeting all his developmental milestones on track. :) :)

Squiggy- I'm nervous as well, esp about the sleep issue since my 18month one often still wakes up once per night. I know we need to wean him off bottles but haven't done that yet.

Jenny- i didn't have any blood work but since I'm at a high-risk clinic, they do the first scans around 7-8weeks. I initially went to the clinic last pregnacy because of age (39 at the time) and was thankful to be there as multiple complications developed. If you have a req for an early scan and it would reassure you, why not set up an appointment? They can't see much at this age but they can see a heartbeat.

Lorna- yes, we had a terrifying few months during and after the pregnancy with my son in the NICU for 3 months...but to see him now you'd never know that he was "expected to miscarry" at 17 weeks or born a 3.5lb preemie or ever had heart/breathing problems. He's a rambunctious, healthy 28lb boy now, meeting all his developmental milestones on track. :) :)

Thanks Myra,

I might do that, I will wait it out for a few weeks to see if everything goes well with this pregnancy and nothing bad happens down there if you know what I mean.

I just don't want to go over my new doctors head but I might feel better.

Thanks for responding.

:) :)

Mine still wakes for feeds during the night. Mostly my husband's head game! Every time the baby initiates skipping that 2am bottle, husband throws a fit until baby's right back on that schedule. And now he also gets up at 6am! And lately is on a schedule of not going to bed until 11pm!!!! It's maddening.
Probably why I still haven't told him I'm pregnant.

As for scans... They didn't give me my first (with first born) until 14w. I found out I was pregnant at 6w and had to WAIT! I applied for medical right away but it took an extra 2.5 months for my plan to start.
Now, I just lost my medical right before I found out I'm pregnant again! So have to do the application process and waiting game all over again.

I guess I'm lucky I'm considered "high risk" or else they'd make me wait until 20w for my first scan. The medical coverage here only covers the bare necessities, they don't want to pay for more than they have to. Once I'm a year post partum I lose my medical completely and am referred to "low cost" plans. We can't afford any cost right now! We have free clinics here, but the service is the worst. Paying for doctors isn't much better!

Squiggy - waiting until 20 weeks sounds tortuous. What about the 13 week scan for downs and spina? I'm excited and nervous about the thirteen week scan. I hope you get one.

I'm trying to stop night feeds with my 20 month old. She still wakes up four to five times a night even without it and is up early. I'm exhausted. I know every mother out there has done it but it doesn't make it easier. I do all the getting up. I get quite jealous of my husband sleeping all night and not getting up until 7 am every day.

Squiggy - does your husband do the feeding or do you have to do it?

Squiggy - waiting until 20 weeks sounds tortuous. What about the 13 week scan for downs and spina? I'm excited and nervous about the thirteen week scan. I hope you get one.

I'm trying to stop night feeds with my 20 month old. She still wakes up four to five times a night even without it and is up early. I'm exhausted. I know every mother out there has done it but it doesn't make it easier. I do all the getting up. I get quite jealous of my husband sleeping all night and not getting up until 7 am every day.

Squiggy - does your husband do the feeding or do you have to do it?

I do EVERYTHING for the baby! My husband's perspective is that bringing home the income is his part and that parenting is the "mother's job." He very rarely does anything to help me.
I often refer to myself as "a married single parent."

I do EVERYTHING for the baby! My husband's perspective is that bringing home the income is his part and that parenting is the "mother's job." He very rarely does anything to help me.
I often refer to myself as "a married single parent."

Me too. I've said I'm pretty much a single parent too. My husband does work 7 days a week though. I work three days a week. I'm looking foward to a lay in which realistcally may be in three years. I know some people that share the weekends with time and lay ins. Can you imagine having a sleep in once a week. Dd wakes before 6 every day. It used to be 5am.

I've told dh he will have to get more hands on when newbie gets here. He wasn't thrilled but he didn't say no.

Hmmm can you imagine just working. Shame you can't go away for a weekend and leave the little one with him do he gets a better understanding about how involved raising a child is.

That's s lot in your shoulders Spud and Squiggy. I'm sorry you dontbget more help from your OH...hopefully once the second comes along, they'll step up more. When I'm home (before/after work and weekends) I spend the bulk of the time taking care of my son while OH chills out a bit or he has me take the little guy out do he can clean the house. It's frustrating sometimes to go from working all day straight into mommy all Afternoon/evening but my husband does his part with our son as a stay at home dad this year...and as he reminds me, if I want help with our son, I just need to ask. I'm just not so good at asking for help...

Nah, it won't get any easier for me no matter what I try. I've even tried the "if we get divorced and you get weekends" bit and he still can't manage to spend more than a half hour with the baby! His facebook games are far more deserving of his time.

Everyone who knows my situation is looking at me sideways because here I am pregnant again when my marriage clearly fell apart once my son hit 5weeks old!
First of all, I have ALWLAYS wanted a family... husband or no! It does not scare me to be a single parent but it does bother me.
I got too old to keep searching for the "better man." My option was to start my family or not. I chose to have a family. Now my option is to keep having my family or stop. I choose to have my family.
In the beginning, in the middle, and in the end, my children are what matter. THEY are my family. Sugar is nice but blood keeps you alive.

It's been quiet here. How are you all doing?

I had a nice 3 day reprieve from nausea and headaches....and then they came back 2 days ago...looking forward to getting more of those good days, hopefully soon!

Hey ladies. It's been a long time. How are your pregnancies going?
Unfortunately I had a missed miscarriage. At my 12 week scan on dec 4th I found out the baby had died. After waiting for a natural miscarriage which didn't happen I had an erpc on 22nd jan.
I just got af today and plan on ttc this cycle.

Did you find out genders?

Hi Spudtastic- I'm so sorry about your loss. I really hope that this next cycle is a lucky one for you and that this winter you'll be holding your new baby in your arms.

As for genders, we found out that we're having a girl this time around.

Hi Spud so so so sorry to hear your news..hope you are feeling better now. I too had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks a few years ago and know only too well how devastating that scan is. Will be watching out for your next BFP news x

AFM- we are having a boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"