June Angel Baby Mommas Hoping for Rainbows!!

Jasmine, have you been able to get some rest? I agree with Meli - BUMP PIC!

Meli, she may have a gift, but she's still a crazy lady, lol. :haha:

Glad you haven't gotten a caffeine withdrawal headache! I quit coffee the day I got my BFP and didn't get the headache either. Luckily (maybe?!), before I even started craving coffee again, my body decided coffee was one of the many food aversions I'd be having. Still can't smell it brewing without wanting to yack. So it wasn't hard to quit, lol.

I had swollen feet one day last week SUPER bad. My brand new sandals didn't fit it was so bad.

Glad DH isn't crabby anymore! What did the surgeon say about the bleeding? And love the bracelet idea. You should show us a picture!

Vegas, I'd like to believe our angels are our rainbows, also :)

Angel, I can't blame you for wanting to stop the blood from getting on his pants! That reminds me, I DID manage to get it out my pants, so yay.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it a secret from Blake... it's only 2 days, but that's a tough one to keep! I KNOW he'll ask if I found out, and I'll HAVE to lie to not tell him... guess I'll just have to play it by ear.

Yay for feeling movement!!! And don't be sorry about your cheesy smile, you're too cute! Loving the bump, having bump envy!

AFM, caught a cold or something :( Sunday I had a headache, Monday I stayed home from work feeling exhausted and the headache hadn't gone away. Tuesday I thought I was feeling better, went into work thinking I just had allergies. About halfway through the day, my throat started hurting pretty bad, my head was feeling plugged up, and the headache was back and pounding. That night I felt like HELL. Yesterday I stayed home again. Sinuses are all plugged up, makes me feel dizzy and nauseous. :wacko: So unfortunately, this week's paycheck is going to be short a day and next weeks will be short two days (sick day yesterday plus Memorial Day). Unpaid sick days and holidays... :growlmad:

On a positive note - officially second tri today!

I am sorry you aren't feeling well. I can sure relate to crappy sinus issues!
But.... YAY to 2nd tri!!!!!!!!!!:happydance:

Stef: Hooray for second tri!!!!!! Sorry you are sick, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

I forgot to ask what you guys think - there's a job I can apply to, but I'd be taking a pay cut - hourly, not overall. It has more hours so it works out and pays more weekly. Would you apply, in spite of the hourly decrease in pay? Blake commented before about this and it looking bad if future employers ask for salary history.

If it was closer and you are okay with the extra hours I would. And while he may be right, I wouldn't stay miserable if I didn't have to.

Stef: doesn't everyone lie about salary history anyway? Well, maybe they don't. It's up to you if you want to apply, but more work for the same money isn't a great motivator.

Vegas,

I agree with your theory, that our angels are our rainbows :hugs:

About when I’m getting my first scan, that’s still up in the air. I don’t expect to have a scan until I am at least 6 weeks along, I’m even good waiting til 7 weeks for the initial scan. With my first pg I had a scan at 6 weeks and everything was perfect.

Angel,

I LOVE your pic! Now that’s a bump :hugs: You look gorgeous and happy! No cheesiness here!!

Stef

The surgeon said that the bleeding was nothing to be concerned about. Of course, it stopped bleeding when he was in the dr office lol! But he’s weaned himself off the painkillers, so I’m relieved. That means he gets to drive, and I don’t have to drive tonight on the road to Vegas! :thumbup:

I will try to post a pic of the bracelet.

YAY to getting the blood out of your pants :thumbup:

And YAY YAY YAY to officially starting second tri :dance::dance:

Sorry you are not feeling well :hugs: And double sorry for the missing $ from next paycheck :growlmad:

About the possible new job: vegas makes a good point, that most people fudge the salary anyways. Having said that, I would consider:

Would I enjoy the job? Is it a ‘better’ job than the current one?

Is it closer to home, saving you gas and wear and tear on your car, and saving your sanity of the horrendous commute you currently have?

About it looking ‘bad’ for future employers, you can easily explain it away. Not to mention that I think it really impacts when one works somewhere, and they want to get promoted and stay in the same company. Most companies base your promotion on your salary, like, say, they will offer you 10% raise on top of your current salary. That is one way that it can ‘hurt’ you. And I have seen this happen at large corporations, where robots run the company and make decisions that make no sense…
I hope I make sense, but let me know if I don’t and I can try to put my thoughts in a more cohesive manner!

ooooo vegas,

Thanks for the tip. I forgot to mention that I finally bought the Pepcid from Sam's club yesterday. I did a double take at the cash register--$24 for bottle of 100 pills?? Well, they are worth their weight in gold! yay yay !!!:thumbup:

Melissa, glad he gets to drive and the bleeding was no cause for concern! And I bet that the Pepcid was worth its weight! I take meds about 3-4 nights a week, with Carter, at the end I was taking the max dose of Tums (10) and a nightly pill. It was awful! What sucks for me now, is that I can't (and you too by the way) can't take tums within a couple hours of my thyroid meds because of the calcium.

Stef said something in her journal that got me thinking. It hadn't dawned on me that we all got pregnant before our due dates!! I probably should have thought of this, but the baby brain already has me. Do you all mind giving me your due dates, I would like to light a candle on the evening of all of our due dates.

Thanks for the thoughts on the job! I've decided against applying for it for now. It probably wouldn't hurt to, I can always turn it down, but I just didn't have a good feeling about it, so I think I might end up regretting it. I hate not applying to something that's closer, but I feel like I should go with my gut.

Meli, glad the bleeding stopped and was nothing to worry about! Have fun in Vegas!

Angel, my due date was June 16th. Love your candle idea :hugs:

Angel,

Thanks for the heads up about the thyroid meds and pepcid. omg I completely forgot--!!!

My due date was June 2. I LOVE your idea. I am going to do the same thing!!

Angel,

Thanks for the heads up about the thyroid meds and pepcid. omg I completely forgot--!!!

My due date was June 2. I LOVE your idea. I am going to do the same thing!!

I am not sure if pepcid has calcium or not. I can take zantac at night with my meds, just not tums.

I am updating page one to show all Angel and Rainbow due dates so we can reference it easier. So can I also get your new due dates?

Hi girls,

Will reply properly tomorrow just in bed zonkoed, that's so lovely angel, my angel due date was June 3rd and new due date is November 24th.

Ill just leave you here with some VERY exciting news...

I just did a poo.

Meli: have fun in Vegas and drive safe! Glad the Pepcid is helping; it was a lifesaver for me.

Angel: I too was due June 2nd. My new due date is December 15.

Jasmine: well done, I bet you feel tons better.

Afm: my appointment went well. The doctor wasn't planning on using the Doppler as she thought it might be too soon to hear it, but I talked her into it and she found it right away! They took blood and it didn't even hurt. All-in-all it was a really good visit.

Angel, new due date is November 21st.

Jasmine, yay for poo! :haha:

Vegas, yay for finding the hb on the doppler! Also glad your blood taking went better than mine, lol.

Meli, hope you're having fun in Vegas! My brother is going home from Cancun today - I'm jealous of you guys, I could use a vacation!

AFM, nothing really new to report. Still feeling ick. Coughing this morning brought me thisclose to puking, bleh.

I think I MIGHT have felt baby movement this morning, but I really can't be sure... I had a coughing fit and felt dizzy and like puking, then I sneezed, and while trying to focus on not passing out and/or throwing up, I felt something funny for 6 or 7 seconds in the area I've been finding the hb with the doppler. It didn't feel like gas bubbles at all (although I was seriously gassy last night, lol), never really felt anything like it. I know it's really early to feel anything... just going to wait and see if I feel it again!

Blake is dead set on the name West for a boy. He's decided, and told his family even, that when the baby is an adult, he can pick up girls by telling them to visit "the gateway to the West." He even did a semi-crotch thrusting movement thing when saying it. :roll: He told me this again last night, and added that the girls will respond (and this part he did in a flirty, dippy girl voice), "Ohhhh, West, you're SO funny!" I was like, "You realize you're coming up with pick up lines for our unborn child who can currently fit in the palm of your hand, right?"

Stef: sorry you are still feeling yucky. So why does Blake like the name West so much, besides it being easy to use in pick-up lines? I haven't given the first thought to names. I'll be curious to hear whether or not you feel anything else in the baby area. I had an anterior placenta with DD and didn't feel anything until week 22 (well I felt stuff, but it became really obvious by week 22).

I'm at work and super board today. This day needs to hurry on up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->