June Angel Baby Mommas Hoping for Rainbows!!

vegas,

YAYYY YAYYY YAYYY YAYYY!

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

Congratulations. I bet you feel that you can feel a little easier now

The power of prayer :hugs:

I lol'd at 'shaken baby'. hee hee more like 'shake n bake' lol!

Oh, and thanks for having an early appt. I can't take the suspense and hate the waiting when y'all have afternoon appts (Stef & Angel) lol!! :haha:

Meli: I was in at 8:00, so the first appointment. The July 30th appointment is also scheduled for 8:00am. I don't like waiting either.

Btw, the tech said a full bladder is no longer necessary if you have updated equipment. Keep in mind this is the high-risk clinic at largest hospital for women and babies in the area, so their stuff better be good (also my last visit they billed my insurance $400 for the ultrasound and $350 for the consultation, so with those rates they should be able to tell me what this kid will look like in five years).

vegas,

for those rates, they should provide at home assistance for at least 7 days after birth lol!

That is great news Vegas!! We all knew this was your rainbow! That heart rate sounds like a girl.

Melissa, as for the name. I am not sure what it is. It being a girl has really thrown me off. I REALLY did not think I would have any girls. When we were at the store last night looking at clothes, I told Jeff that I felt sick putting the clothes in the basket and that it didn't feel right. I am not sure if that was because of the miscarriage or just because she is a girl. I don't know what is wrong with me????

Yaaaay for a good scan Vegas, I'm so pleased that it looks like its not a molar this time, do you feel slightly more relaxed?

Aww angel, I think you're just feeling slightly overwhelmed about it being a girl, you'll get used to it in time! When are you going to go for your private scan? X x

Angel: I agree with Jasmine, girls are great, but after raising a boy it will be a slight adjustment. Regardless you will love her so much.

Jasmine: yeah, I feel loads better. I just needed to make it past the point I didn't make it last time.

So the maternity clothes I ordered arrived yesterday. Just a couple of dresses and a pair of shorts. Why can't more stores carry maternity wear as opposed to having to order it all? It's pretty annoying.

Meli: good luck at your scan today. I'm sure you'll be amazed by the difference just one week can make.

Angel, thanks! The dress is a Goodwill find. Love that place! I agree with Jasmine, I think you're just feeling overwhelmed since you thought you wouldn't ever have a girl. I'm sure it will pass quickly!

Meli, I didn't end up getting the clothes, just didn't have the cash for them right now. I'm down to two pairs of pants that fit (3 if you count the ones I ripped :wacko:) so I have to figure out something soon! Yayyyyy for the scan today. So excited!

Vegas, Yayyyy!!! So happy the scan went well. I knew it would! I agree about the maternity clothes. I HATE spending full price on clothes ANY time, so I refuse to pay full price for maternity clothes, and finding them on sale for a decent price seems almost impossible. Which is why I'm running out of pants and will be out of pants completely very soon. Lol.

AFM, I've been informed of something. We were talking about how far apart in age we would like this one and our future LO(s) to be and he said, "You know I'm going to keep inseminating you until we have a boy." :dohh: I just hope it doesn't turn into a situation like his mom had... this is why she has 6 boys. :wacko:

Stef: it's your body so I say you get to set the limits. Heck, I even had a dream last night where I was prescribed birth control. I told the doctor thanks and let him know I thought it would be best to wait until this one was out before I started using it (it was one if those Nuva rings, which is odd because in real life I've only used the pill). I've been buying my stuff from Old Navy when they run promo codes and then I'm also given super bucks to use for purchases later. Every bit helps. I just hate spending money on temporary clothes. All my stuff from Charlotte is for fall and winter, which we don't get much of here.

Vegas, oh I know. I just think I would want to keep going until we had a boy, too. My brother is my best friend, I would love for this LO to be able to have a relationship like that with a brother.

Hmm. That dream is odd, lol.

I'll have to check out Old Navy, thanks for the tip! I hate the idea of it, too, which is why I absolutely refuse to pay full price (besides my aversion to EVER paying full price. I don't know anyone who has recently had a baby who is about my size. SIL probably has some still, but she's much shorter than me, so any pants wouldn't work out in my favor.

Angel,

I remember you were really excited about girls in the beginning and you posted a cute pic of a girl romper from pinterest. I think perhaps you psyched yourself out to not be disappointed, just in case it was a boy? Give it some time and before you know it, you will be so excited for your new best friend to arrive! (your best friend, but with the boundaries between a parent and a child) lol!

Vegas,

Thanks vegas. I am going to ask my new dr. if he has access to my records from my first (and only) prenatal appt with his associate. At my first appt, after we saw and heard the hb, I breathed a sigh of relief and said “So all is good? No ectopic or anything?” (idk why I asked about ectopic? Weirdo?!) she responded “All good. BUT I would still wait til your past 1st trimester to make the announcement” I responded “Of course. That’s what we had decided”.

After my mc, I remembered her words. I wonder if there was a low hb, which caused her misgivings? Or was she just being really cautious because of my advanced maternal age?? This has haunted me and I hope my new dr. can answer that question. I think it will put my mind at ease if he can confirm that there WAS a low hb during my last pg.

AFM,

Ok, have to get ready and freshen up for my appt. My mom will be picking me up from work soon. I will respond to Stef when I get back to my office!

Meli: hmm, odd comment for the doctor to make, but I wouldn't put too much stock in it. I was reading a post in first tri yesterday where a girl was all worried because during her first ultrasound she was asked to hold her breath so the tech could hear the hb, but during the second scan (different tech) she wasn't asked to do this. This was in Cabada where she said you are not allowed to question the techs as the doctor will call with results. As we know holding your breath isn't a normal request, but for her it was. In short, maybe your old doc tells everyone to wait until first tri is over before sharing the news. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

^^ *Canada* my apologies to Jenk as she is Canadian, I believe.

Good luck for your scan Melissa, thinking of you! Also, my bear is nearly done so ill be back to properly updating soon and be able to show you a picture, I'm quite happy but for some reason it's come out a bit on the skinny side! Annoying! X

Stef,

Do you have any of those belly bands that you can wear over your bottoms? You probably just need a couple of colors. I bought a set from Target online-it had 3 colors, black, white, and jeans and it was $19.

https://www.target.com/p/belly-belt-combo-kit-denim-white-black/-/A-11189501#?lnk=sc_qi_detaillink

Good for you to go to Goodwill. I swear I don’t have any patience to go there. However, now that I think about it, I love love Ross and you need patience to shop there also….I think Ross has a maternity section also. Will check it out in a couple of weeks.

Your mil has 6 boys? OUCH lol!! LUCKY baby wolz. I’m sure she will be spoiled rotten by all :hugs:

Afm,

Appt went well. My jellybean is measuring right on target @8 weeks, hb of 150. Dr said he has no problem seeing me on a weekly basis!!! I LURV HIM lol :haha:

I asked my dr the question about the heartbeat from my angel. He was rather rushed and apologized, he said he had a woman fully dilated in the hospital across the street but wanted to accommodate my appt. He didn’t look at my records from my angel, but he did say she probably said it to be prudent, and it doesn’t necessarily mean she saw anything wrong. Not quite the answer I wanted to hear, but oh well. I can only take things one day at a time.

Meli, I do have a belly band, wear it almost daily! Have to now, since one of the two pairs of pants I have to leave unbuttoned! I could probably get away with doing that with some of my smaller pants, but I'm not sure because they were pretty as of the last time I tried a few weeks ago.

I've heard so many good things about Ross but never been to one! Never even considered looking up where one is. There's one opening up close to work, but no one knows when. I just looked on their site and there's one not too far from where I live now. Yay! Guess I'll have to check them out.

And yes, she will be spoiled rotten! There's all the toys and stuff from the 6 boys, plus everything from the 2 current granddaughters, who are 4 (5 in late July) and 1 (as of late February). Blake's mom's house is a kid's absolute dream. Plus she spoils the crap out of the kids.

Sooooo glad the appt went well, and that's great he's willing to see you every week! I can barely get in with the midwife monthly because they are so busy. They really need to open up more hours! I agree with your dr. and Jasmine, it was probably just something she says.

Vegas,

Weird dream you had!

Yup, my dr basically stated the same thing you said…you were right!

Jasmine,

Can’t wait to see a pic of your bear!!

Stef,

omg omg you will LOVE Ross. They always get new shipments in, so if you find something you like, you have to buy it because it won’t be there when you go back! Let me know what you think once you’ve checked it out. Each store is different so if you don’t like the one by your house, still give the new one a chance (once it opens up).

Jen,

Where are you??????? I hope you’re doing well.

afm,

My stepdaughter is coming over tonight to surprise dh and spend the weekend with us. Yup…the FULL weekend. yay??

Guess what that means? Coming home after work and frantically cleaning the guest bathroom, vacuuming the house, and dusting the guest bedroom. JOY!
I made plans to spend time with my family tomorrow to celebrate father’s day. I have to go for my weekly progesterone blood draw, and then will go to my mom’s house, where we’ll meet up with my mom, dad, brother, niece and nephews to take my dad out to lunch.

It will be nice for dh to spend some alone time with both kids! I’m sure he’ll take them out for lunch, then they'll probably go to the movies. When I come home he’ll grill some steaks for dinner and I’ll cook some rice pilaf and toss a salad.

My mom said she is cleaning out her closet and will give me stuff that could double as maternity. She brought me 2 dresses today. They are so cute!

Here’s a pic of one. It’s a cute shift dress with a black sheer chiffon overlay. Oh, and it’s longer than it looks. Couple inches past the knee. Disregard the background-I refuse to take credit for my office decorative scheme.

Oh, and my younger cousin is in the running to do the living donor transplant for my uncle. She is in the last stages of the evaluative process :happydance: Hope we get the great news that she’s been accepted very soon! We are still FX.

Attachments

• dress.jpg
    dress.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79