June Angel Baby Mommas Hoping for Rainbows!!

Vegas, I'm keeping in touch with my midwife.

2:30 am and I'm sitting on the toilet because it's the most comfortable place to be. Contractions got to 7ish minutes again last night and my water broke at 8:30 and I hopped in the shower. Felt great but slowed them down dramatically. When they started coming back it's like they were making up for lost time and being ridiculously extra strong. I decided to lay down and try to sleep between them. Had a few at sporatic times (two 30 minutes apart then the next 9 minutes later, wth?) The one 30 minutes after the other made me want to crawl out of my skin. Now that they're regulating AGAIN (7-8 minutes) they hurt like a bitch but aren't making me scream. Still wondering how the hell I'm going to make it all the way, if not because of the pain then because of the sheer exhaustion... waiting for them to get close enough to head to the birthing center and absolutely dreading that car ride...

Oh Stef hunny you poor thing, you must be tired beyond belief but I'll know you'll muster the strength and YOU CAN get through them, do whatever it is you need to do that. Funnily enough mine were worse too if they got longer in between and the only way I got through mine was swearing like a bitch and being totally negative, oops x

Stef: I'm so sorry this is such a long labor for you. Hope that things speed up so you can deliver and then get a bit of well-deserved rest.

Middy: saw you changed Astrid's middle name. I love Wren as well.

Yes she's now Astrid Wren what a carry on hey! Will post my birth story soon as I can!

Good luck Stef x

Oh Stef, sorry it was dragging out. Hopefully there has been lots of progress in the last five hours. Can't wait to see her!

Angel - If you get an update let us know too!! I've been wondering and checking back here all day to see if anything further has happened!!

Well I'm assuming if she's not checking in here then baby must be close or here. I'm hoping she's here. Let's see that pretty girl, Stef!

Really hope Stef and baby are okay, it's 5am here, I don't know what time it is there but I hope whatever has happened that's they're okay x

Me too! She may just be busy, but I am getting a little worried.

From Stef- "was in labor for 48 hours and got stuck at 9cm for 6 hours, Sienna was back to back so she was stuck for a long time. I had to be transferred to the hospital around 2 this morning, was having severe contractions for about 7 or 8 hours that didn't do anything. Finally almost completely dilated so it shouldn't be much longer"

Can't wait!

Oh my god the poor things, ohhh I'm holding back tears I hope she's okay! X thanks for updating Angel x

Angel: thanks for the update. Poor Stef. Hopefully she will be here soon, if not already.

Jen, PLEASE don't feel strange posting here. We want to know what is going on with you and look forward to your updates. If you feel uncomfortable that is one thing, but don't think you aren't welcome! We all care about you and wonder when we don't hear from you.

Now as for your dr, what is the problem! Did you call to find out what the hold up is on her dictating your referral? :growlmad:

I haven't gotten any updates and I really don't want to bother her by texting. I know we are all anxious!

As you all know, I am a member of a mommy group. Well every year we do a dirty santa exchange for our Christmas mom's night out. Where people can steal gifts they really like. Of course I want my gift to be good. The gift limit is $10. I was thinking of doing something homemade. I was thinking homemade taco seasoning and homemade cream soup mix to replace those really salty ones. And a packet of simmer pot mix, just dried lemons, apples, cinnamon sticks and such that you simmer on the stove to make your home smell nice. Would you guys like those as a gift? Would you want to steal it? Be honest, it won't hurt my feelings. It might cost more than ten in supplies, but I wanted to make all that for myself too.

Angel: I love homemade gifts, but I'd prefer homemade cookies or candy to something I still have to cook (and I love to cook). Also, you have a newborn, don't you just want to buy a candle or some lotion to make it easy on yourself?

I really hope we hear from Stef soon. Does not sound like she's having the best experience. Poor dear.

Thank you for your input. I am still thinking on it, I just want it to be good! This is one of my favorite events with the group and we always have a good time stealing from each other.

Angel: anytime I've played dirty Santa the thing that gets stolen the most is a bottle of wine. Didn't you post or pin on Pinterest some sort of awesome Christmas alcoholic beverage that you make in a crockpot? Perhaps buy the ingredients for that along with a recipe tag.

It is also a potluck event and I do plan to bring that crock pot hot chocolate. i love the alcohol idea and I originally thought to bring a homemade infused vodka, but the ladies in the group aren't big drinkers. Only a few will order an alcoholic beverage when at a restaurant for a mommy night. Makes me feel like an alcoholic...but not enough to not order a drink for myself.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->