******june babies******

It is so hard to rest when you work for yourself and especially knowing I want to take some time off when the baby arrives I have to make sure we have enough work to keep everyone busy etc.... I tend to be the one who is out there networking and winning new work although I am trying to encourage our business manager to get more involved...

CJ I just emailed you about middle names lol - I like Charlotte, I also like Phillippa and Beatrice, I have loads of girls names I love! Paul's half-sister is called Melody, she lives in Tennessee. OMG 16 weeks.... this time will go so quick for us all I bet.

E&L's mummy Paul has emailed a supplier about a pram we want to look at and he said we can view it at the nursery show in Harrogage in MARCH - yay!!! See here https://www.nurseryfair.co.uk/ we will hopefully go and stay overnight and do the show. There is also one in Glasgow in April https://www.thebabyshowscotland.com/ - I really want to do one of these but the big show in London wont be possible with work commitments in Feb and the Birmingham one at the end of May is too close to our due dates I think!

I'm office based most of today and hoping to finish around 4pm, earlier if I can and do some grocery shopping etc as I have busy days tomorrow and Friday too.

Mxx

thanks for that link to the baby show in Glasgow, Delilah - i had completely forgotten about it! and it's the weekend before my birthday :happydance: not sure if i can hold off buying a pram until then tho... Has anyone ever been to them before? do you get really good discounts? probably not off an icandy :haha:

hope you're all having a good day!!
:hugs:

Congrats sarahmelissa, another one for team blue :)

I agree, Delilah and CJ, you both work too hard....soon enough the baby will make you slow down :p

I need your opinions...I've just been reading the thread about concerns over the safety of 'souvenir' ultrasounds. I have one booked for Mar 6th...for 2 reasons. 1) We want to confirm gender. Our ultrasound tech was pretty sure we are having a boy and put it on the report but said that we should confirm and 2) they offer a live web cast so that my mum & dad can be involved. I'm now thinking I should cancel since those reasons are not worth risking the health of our child. Any thoughts???

Fi

Delilah..yeh would love to go. hubby away from beg of march till end of april tho so unless i can get my parents to come have the girls for the day im not gona be able to make it.....looked at the link but cant see anywhere to click to buy tickets etc. but if i cant make it then i feel the need for a mini meet at some point when im over at mums sometime xxxx

fi_broon I don't think you should cancel it, I had a few private scans with my DD and all was well :) The 4D scans I had with her at a place where a consultant gynecologist does the scans so I didn't think it would not be safe, some people I know here at had quite long scans at the hospital cause baby wasn't coorperating and all was well then! I would not worry about it so much, I know people say it's not safe but it's not like you have a scan every 2 weeks or anything and then again I know people who need to have 2 weekly scans for medical reasons!

I agree with Linn Fi.. I would still have the scan. I will be having quite a long one xx

Fi, there is no supporting evidence in the medical literature that ultrasounds are harmful to fetuses. There seems to be a sub-culture out there perpetuating this myth, but from a teratology (science studying what is and is not harmful to babies) perspective, this is definitely one we reassure patients about!

There is a baby show in Toronto as well, but unfortunately it is the weekend that I am going to my last yoga retreat (12 hours of yoga in 2.5 days!) before baby comes... I would have loved to go :-(

Fi, I am very much looking forward to 3 months completely off with baby, then working 5 hours a week from home until she is 7 months old!!! Seems so foreign to me right now to have so much time away from work. Did you decide how much time off you'll be taking, is it set at 6 months? Delilah, you'll also need to start thinking of this!

16 WEEKS TODAY until we meet Zoë!!!!!!!! :cloud9:

Thanks Ladies for the reassurance. Unfortunately I had already mentioned to my OH and now he has it in his head and has put his fut down...he has said if there is any question at all then he doesn't want to do it. Since there is no real reason to have another scan (since medically everything looks great) I have decided to respect his wishes. It's also $200 I could happily use elsewhere.

CJ, I am booking 7 months off and taking 3 weeks holiday prior to my due date. I was going to do 6 but that brings me to mid dec and I'd rather wait til January. I would love to take more but I don't think it makes sense financially.
How will the 5 hours a week impact your EI?

Delilah..yeh would love to go. hubby away from beg of march till end of april tho so unless i can get my parents to come have the girls for the day im not gona be able to make it.....looked at the link but cant see anywhere to click to buy tickets etc. but if i cant make it then i feel the need for a mini meet at some point when im over at mums sometime xxxx

Definitely that would be cool - I think we might stay in Harrogate on the Saturday and Sunday night and have Monday off work - I love Harrogate and we can do some hill walking too on the day we dont go to the show. I think tickets are free! I have registered as a visitor and emailed the guy Robert to ask.

Moongirl, how was your girly night? The Glasgow one should be a big one, I might go to that too depending on how the Harrogate one is! I need to get myself into all things baby!!!

CJ what a shame about the show in Toronto but your yoga retriet sounds greeat and its you time! Congrats on moving up a box :happydance:

Re work I am not sure what I will do yet until nearer the time, I suspect I may take a month off but then I only need my computer and internet access to work when I'm not in front of clients so may still do some work in that time, it depends where we are up to and what is going on in May/June/July - the good thing is that I can be flexible with the hours I decide to work I suppose!

Fi I read that post last night and I would be inclined to trust CJ's professional opinion and as Linn said some ladies get scanned every 2 weeks so let your parents enjoy the webcam that sounds fab xx

Had to stop typing and you had replied in between sorry Fi!

Thanks Ladies for the reassurance. Unfortunately I had already mentioned to my OH and now he has it in his head and has put his fut down...he has said if there is any question at all then he doesn't want to do it. Since there is no real reason to have another scan (since medically everything looks great) I have decided to respect his wishes. It's also $200 I could happily use elsewhere.

CJ, I am booking 7 months off and taking 3 weeks holiday prior to my due date. I was going to do 6 but that brings me to mid dec and I'd rather wait til January. I would love to take more but I don't think it makes sense financially.
How will the 5 hours a week impact your EI?

Oh no, sorry about that... Well as you said, everything looks well medically and it is $200 that you could spend on baby!

Funny, I am doing the same as you! 2 weeks (well, 1.5 weeks) off before C-section, and then I was going to take 6 months, which brought me to beginning of December: we only have clinics the first 2 weeks of December and then we're more or less on vacation hours during the holidays, so I also decided to resume work in January! RE: EI - I am self-employed so do not get any at all. Going back to work part-time those 5 hours per week from home will give me more than the maximum EI anyways, and give us some kind of income (not knowing if DH will find work right away after his college course is done in April). I can't help but stress about finances... Hope he finds a job right after he's done school!!!

Moongirl, how was your girly night? The Glasgow one should be a big one, I might go to that too depending on how the Harrogate one is! I need to get myself into all things baby!!!

i had a nice time last night, was great to catch up - i hadn't realised how long it had been since i last saw her!! but i was really tired (am again today) hope it's not the exhaustion starting up again :( thought that was a 1st tri thing :cry:

Oh and do let me know if you decide to come up north!!!

Re work I am not sure what I will do yet until nearer the time, I suspect I may take a month off but then I only need my computer and internet access to work when I'm not in front of clients so may still do some work in that time, it depends where we are up to and what is going on in May/June/July - the good thing is that I can be flexible with the hours I decide to work I suppose!

I work for myself (there's 2 of us in the company) and i intend to take the full 9 months!! we did the same when my business partner had her little boy and basically just made sure we only pitched for work that we could handle (and we did subcontract with some other consultants etc if needed extra bodies). but then i'll not get much more than SMP so suppose depends on the situation. I can't wait tho!! :happydance:

how is everyone else doing today? weirdly, not only am i tired but i seem to have lost my appetite!! what's going on with that???

:hugs:

Girls i woke in a really BAD mood!! Basically i have had it with my husband being so crap with the kids!! I have had a real morning of moaning to my friends about him........and now feel guilty as was talking behind his back! I need to sit down and have a proper chat with him..........................even though i know he will try and turn it on me, just wish he would be more of a daddy, than a parent (if you know what i mean), takes time and attention to be a good daddy! He just never does anything with them at all, and it is starting to really piss me off!!
I know i should be greatful that he works and earns well, and i am, but it is the other side of him that we need more!

Sorry for the rant..................feeling bit hormonal as well which doesn't help. An feel like poo today.....................got a sore throat and my sinuses are all blocked making my head feel like a lead weight!!!

Oh Emma hun, I hope you feel better soon... I hope you settle things with DH, being in that situation I likely would have done the same as you! I know what you mean, darned pregnancy hormones! And it really sucks being sick on top of it all...

I'm hoping to cheer you up a bit: how does a light green/blue sound? It would work for either sex and be really nice with blonde hair and blue eyes! And something else to cheer you up: you'll be moving up a box on your ticker tomorrow!!!

:hugs: to you my dear!

Light blue then hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Wish i knew what you were planning............but then again i love suprises xxx

Oooooh roll on tomorrow, does that mean i will be 5 months and entering number 6??? WOW!!!!

Yep, starting month #6 tomorrow Em!!! Isn't it going fast??

Hey girls,

Though I would drop in and see how you are doing! Also, wondered if I could ask a question? When did your sickness start to improve? I have been feeling better the last few days (still want to sleep all the time!) and loads of stuff has told me it's normal online, just wondering what it was like for you?

Hope you don't mind me bothering you, and glad to see your all doing well :hugs:

:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:Emma:flower::flower::flower::flower::flower::flower:

I am in a bad mood today, just can't be bothered, so sleepy!!
xxxx

Oooooh hello stranger!! And again congrats xxxx
I stopped feeling sick around 19 weeks!! Sorry to say...........i think thew normal is around 16 weeks though xxx

Thanks CJ and Lili BIG HUGS TO YOU BOTH xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->