******june babies******

I have the dresser and glider assembled. Turns out they gave me two gliders instead of a glider and ottoman, so I finally figured out which pieces go with my glider and which ones go with the one I'm returning. Apparently they've hung onto my ottoman for the last month so it's waiting for me, they just had no way to contact me! Problem stemmed from fact that the guy at the loading dock had to unbox it all to fit it in my car like a jig-saw puzzle, so only last night at midnight did I realize I had two gliders!

The crib is at our friend's house, we'll have her bring it over in 2 weekends from now. My contractor still has to install the built-in cabinet in the wall also, the closet is in place as are the built-in shelves above where the cabinet will go. And I still need to order the blinds, so I don't anticipate everything will be done until the end of March...

So anyone from the US when are you taking birthing classes and all those pre baby classes? I just thought about it, guess its worth mentioning to my dr Tuesday.

I have no idea... We got a booklet from a local hospital weeeeeeeks ago, but the nurse at my OB GYNs said that nowhere will take us because we weren't planning to give birth in hospital...(we!??! WE?!??! :lol:) but I believe that is bullsh*t. :) We're planning to meet with some midwives asap, so hopefully they'll be able to recommend or guide us somehow... TBH I'm feeling a bit panicked by it all because we really haven't got ANYTHING sorted... :shrug:

I'd probably have a word with the doc and see if you can sort something out...I guess within the few weeks is probably best to start the courses!!

What you planning to do? I want to do hypnobirthing, but haven't found any decent classes yet... all the regular birthing stuff... Baby/child resuscitation... That would probably do me, I'm already a bit nervous about attending the regular classes :lol:

CJ I do like Zoe on it's own, but the other two names are very pretty and can of course be shortened to Zoe... I think I like Zoelle best! :)

P.S Weird that they sent you off with two gliders!! We bought a glider/recliner yesterday and the woman was so bloody eager to get out of the door to lunch she was pretty rude and only offered to dismantle the chair (we took a shop floor one as it was CHEAP) a little bit...meaning the guy who helped us get it into the car had to dismantle it further...and then DH had to mess with it even more because the bit that she left together was put together badly!! :dohh: BLARGH. Nightmare, but it is a lovely chair! :)

xxx

LOL nightkd the funny part to me, I paid for a glider/ottoman, around $450CAD, but they sent me off with 2 gliders, which is near $800CAD :) If I hadn't been an honest person I could have sold the second glider for $250 and got my ottoman that was only $105!

LOL nightkd the funny part to me, I paid for a glider/ottoman, around $450CAD, but they sent me off with 2 gliders, which is near $800CAD :) If I hadn't been an honest person I could have sold the second glider for $250 and got my ottoman that was only $105!

Wow! Haha, I probably would've waited to see if they said anything...if they didn't, well....I just thought it was buy 1 get 1 free!!! :thumbup::haha:

xx

Evening ladies, I'm just back from my brothers birthday meal, nice but expensive! Wasnt expecting to have to pay £60 for a "pub lunch" type place for two of us....

Anyway, good weekend, very busy looking forward to doing nothing next weekend apart from the nursery prepping. I have also had a break from email for 2 days which means I will have to go through tonight so I am not having to spend the time sifting through in the morning.

Hubby has restored an antique cherry dressing table for me and it looks amazing, I think he is trying to make up for me having to move out of the room that will be the nursery as I used to have a fully stationed 2 person office in there along with an area for getting ready!

CJ I love the name Joelle, a firend of mine is called this it is not a common name in the UK - so I like Zoelle to shorten to Zoe, I think Sarah Charlotte would follow nicely too. I hear you on boys names we still cannot agree.

So fed up of waiting to feel my baby move and I know I shouldnt be as this isnt really a "real" worry with my placenta being anterior, more of me being impatient.

Welcome Hett and good luck tomorrow Kirsty.

Have a good evening all, I'm going to watch 24 soon then prepare for my week.

Mx

Hey all, hope everyone's ok.

Been clearing our the room which will be the nursery this week end. DH is away and I wanted to get it done before he got back otherwise we would "discuss" it (or put off!) for weeks!!

Delilah, I'm not feeling much either, boohiss anterior placentas!!

Love to all

Kath xx

I'm hoping to be at that point some time this week Kath - want to start the nursery next weekend x

Delilah, only 3 more days til your ticker moves up a box!
Just came back from store, they thanked me for being honest and I'm now setting up the ottoman! Got so much work done this weekend... And now I have a full blown cold :-( My friends just had their baby boy today, named him Leo so we're topping up our weekend going to cuddle a newborn! I'll wear a mask...

So anyone from the US when are you taking birthing classes and all those pre baby classes? I just thought about it, guess its worth mentioning to my dr Tuesday.

I just mentioned this to my DH and I think we are looking into early to mid april classes so I am not too huge but hopefully the baby care classes and breastfeeding is still semi-fresh in my mind.

Morning ladies.........................Just to let you know the :pink: are for the first time ever in the lead xxxxxxxxxxxx

Yay, 23 weeks today for me!!!!
Lili, congrats on 24 weeks!!!!

congrats on 23 weeks CJ!

I just went shopping in town and I just can't find any nice baby clothes, aaaaahhh I'm so picky, thank god I already got 2 large boxes full of newborn clothes here so I don't really need anything. Just bought one tshirt that says Little Sister on it and then went to McDonalds with DD :)

How is everyone today? I feel tired and lazy... for the last week my baby didn't stop moving, she seems to be awake all night and then my hips are killing me when I sleep on my side.. so I'm just not getting enough sleep! But I'm happy I got all my baby stuff here now, wardrobe, moses basket, cot, crib, bouncer, swing, clothes, steriliser, nappies, bedding and anything else I could want :) So all I'm looking to get now is clothes, new car seat and another carrier (cause I haven't got enough yet) :)

Well done CJ :cloud9: Time for new bump pic? :)

Hey Linn you've been quiet lately, how are you? Which car seat are you going to get, Pebble? I'm gonna get mine at the end of this week xx

Im fine hun, just been busy! I don't know yet with the seat, my mum is buying it next month.. might get a different maxi cosi one but if not then it will be the pebble. I don't really need to buy anything looking at all the stuff I got! This weekend we took DDs old car seat to a charity organisation, there was nothing wrong with it but we got rid now anyway seems a waste, but they recommend a new one! Will be getting a black one, most babies clothes are pink, all blankets are pink so will get a neutral car seat!

And how are you? You have been quiet too, can't wait to see the pictures of your nursery :)

Lili did you take a new bump pic? I might take one later :)

I love the look of the pebble it just puts me off that it is heavier than the other maxicosi seats.. hmm!

I have been online just not posting as much, I'm really tired lately! I am sleeping better now I've got a body pillow though :)

Yep time for a new bump pic.. I'll get one later :) xx

oh lovely you got a pillow, I couldn't sleep without mine, I keep waking up for a wee and with aching hips but I'm so happy.. I can't wait for my baby. The maxi cosi cabrio is good too. I am not too bothered how heavy it is as I'm not planning on carrying it around much anyway. They are probably safer when they are heavier! I might get a graco one after all.. I got no idea will go shopping for it next month once my house is all sorted. I got a nice fisher price bouncer for baby to lie in at home and a portable swing and I only got the car seat for baby to be in when we drive somewhere!

Had a look in next today and decided I will not be getting anything in that newborn size apart from one outfit. And then have everything else in 0-1. The newborn size is only up to 7 pounds which is not that much! If my baby ends up tiny I will order more on the directory immediately and then willl have it the next day! Did you get much in that size? I can hardly find anything I like in there so will be ordering lots!!
https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/girls/newborn/3/4 I really want this!! https://www.next.co.uk/shopping/girls/newborn/7/6 I bought this today. They had a really cute outfit there but not in the right size! So back to next next week I think.

I love those lemon dungarees, I was going to order that too :cloud9: Most stuff I have is in newborn size, I don't think she will be a huge baby, but I am planning on buying the next size from now on. Now that her wardrobes are up I can start to sort it all out, because I've forgot what I've bought!! One of our spare bedrooms is like a stockroom in mothercare or something.

I also need to buy bouncer, swing, gym.. good job it's pay day this week! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->