******june babies******

yummy cakes Linn.
sorry you didnt got to the wedding Lilli.

i think ive got a UTI again :cry: back is really sore near my kidneys and i feel really tired and floaty again. not good.

nursery/joint room pretty sorted now, just need to put up the crib and buy a set of drawers for butterbean. ive got a grand total of 8 sleepsuits and 3 vests for her. think i need to do a bit of shopping as i know thats not gonna be enough for the first week, let alone more than a week, esp as my tumble dryer has gone splat.

Thanks, decided not to make the other two cakes until tomorrow now, I'm too tired and my back is aching! I just boxed up all OH cakes and 3 didn't fit in the huge box... what a shame now I gotta have them later :)

now off for a hot bath with DD and then play shops and then she's off to bed and I'm relaxing :)

im trying to find t-shirts for my girls for when butterbean turns up. DD1 needs "i'm the BIG BIG sister" and DD2 needs "i'm the LITTLE BIG sister" and im having a nightmare trying to find ones on ebay i like the look of or that are a suitable price.

anyone ever used somewhere or knows anyone who makes things like this???

I saw tshirts like this in somewhere really obvious like Asda or Next. Will keep and eye out for you. Do you have a t shirt printers near you, you can always buy plain tshirts and get them specially printed. At least that way you get exactly what you want.

xx

Mrs G not that i know of....might have to see if there is one near my mums. was hoping for embroidered as it lasts longer

Lili, what happened to you? I seem to be out of the loop....

E&L, hope you feel better soon!

I'm hiding in my bedroom. My house is a disaster, before everyone arrived yesterday I was going to take pictures of the nursery and guest room to post the before and after shots, but wow did they ever to a good job making a major mess in every room :-( I'm in my room to fold 6 loads of laundry, take a nap and hide out as long as I can. 9 adults and 3 kids under 3 years is too much for a house that is only 1800 square feet!!! Kitchen is a mess too... And I have to wait a whole week until the cleaning lady comes...

Linn, you're so ambitious with all your baking! Wish you could send me some :)

E&L, found this amazing Canadian T-shirt website, here is the link for the "sister" T-shirts: https://t-shirts.cafepress.ca/sister

Even better, there is a UK sister site!
https://www.cafepress.co.uk/

The pink cakes are so pretty I made them with glitter sugar :) I don't think they would survive otherwise I would send you some. OH is happy he is getting to take nice cakes to work and DD had a lot of fun, as I made some tiny once which she was allowed to decorate by herself!

Poor you CJ hope you will get a rest next weekend! Doesn't sound like your house is big enough for all those people, when my relatives are coming in June I will make them stay at MIL!

I agree Linn, but the only other option was to have them stay at the hotel nearby, and DH would have none of that! I'm still hiding in my room ;-)

Welcome to the "new" June moms and congrats Mrs Rogers on team pink!

E&L I love Bury Market too! Congrats on your anniversary and glad your rooms are looking good. Hope you dont have a UTI... Re the T-shirts you can buy A4 printer transfers and design yourself on the computer, print and just iron on plain t-shirts - like wonderweb - we use them for events and things and they are fine you just put a wet teatowel over them - much cheaper too think the transfer sheets work out at about £1 each.

CJ - your weekend sounds hectic hon, almost over now! Lili I must be out of the loop too what happened? Sounds painful.

Happy V-Day Linn :happydance: your cupcakes look delicious, not had time to try the recipe yet hopefully next weekend and I want to make CJ's banana cake too!

Paul to my amazement got up before me today and brought me a cup of coffee to bed and then made me a virgin fizz and he had bucks fizz. Then we went for a walk on the moors for 3 hours, had lunch out and I am now listing stuff on ebay while he puts undercoat in the nursery, going to cook soon. I'm making steak, peppercorn sauce, green beans, baked potatoes and have made a trifle for dessert. Bought him his fave wine and I am going to have diet coke with caffeine!!!!! My life is so rock & roll!

No more movement from Houdini yet :nope:

Have a lovely evening all

Mxxx

D- it's a long weekend here with Monday a National holiday. So they're all here until tomorrow afternoon :-( Not sure how much longer I can take 3 screaming toddlers!!!

Your Valentine's day dinner sounds divine!!! You'll feel baby move soon and it won't stop! Any progress on names yet?

Bless you CJ, you keep hiding then! If it was my family it would drive me crazy let alone if it was OHs family. Where are they all sleeping? I thought they were staying at a hotel!

I haven't posted about it :( I was in the bath on Thursday night relaxing a huge chrome light fell down from the ceiling on top of me, hurt my ribs and burnt my chest including all the skin off one nipple! And when it happened I had hold of my iPhone and dropped it in the water :(

How exciting you are starting the nursery D! My OH is building the cot as I type :cloud9: I don't think we should have done it so soon, I can't stop going in there and daydreaming! xx

Oh Lili, that sounds awful and horrible luck, I hope that you recover very fast :-( :hugs:

No Linn, DH didn't want his family sleeping at the hotel. So 3 are in the nursery, 2 in the guest room, 2 in the living room on the main floor and the rest in the basement. Essentially no room to walk anymore and it makes me so sad to see the nursery I was working so much on look like this :-( But it is only temporary! If it were my family I would have insisted on them staying at the hotel! We just have different views I guess...

yeah CJ I would be the same, luckily MIL has lots of room so my family can stay there! But when it was DDs christening and lots of my family came they just stayed in a hotel, don't see the problem.

Ouch Lili, take care you dont get that infected :hugs:

CJ when Paul's family come over from the USA we are the same - they stay with us, he doesnt want them in hotels which is ok apart from when we have a few in a run coming we are like a motel for 3 months a year!!! Deep breaths only one day to go and you have your house back.

Our meal was delicious :thumbup: I had my steak medium I hope it will be ok, Paul asked should I eat it pink but it is the second time I have had steak since pg and was ok the first time I hope!

No names yet CJ - Paul still really likes Fletcher.

Mxx

OMG Lili! That sounds scary! Hope you heal soon! :hugs:

I've had steak medium a couple of times...I usually have it very rare! With it being medium, it should've reached the right temperature to kill off all the bacteria anyway, so it should be fine. :)

DH got me a diamond necklace for Valentines Day :) we're just cooking duck, but I feel icky now... :( Currently painting Miss Evey Bean's Wall Letters for her room :thumbup: It's actually going quite well imo! Need to get some pictures as it develops!

Getting a bit frustrated about not being able to plan her room properly, we're planning to move before she arrives, so no point painting/really planning it out!! :dohh:

xx

ETA: How many freakin' times can I use the word 'planning' in a post?! :haha:

OOH! I forgot to mention - we have a scan tomorrow morning :happydance:

It's just to check the position of my placenta (at the sexing scan the lady asked that I get it checked just incase it was lying a little low) and that bubs is doing okay. I'm a bit worried Evey Bean is going to turn out to be a boy :rofl: but DH and I have been and still are adamant that she's a girl!! :thumbup:

Anyway, just my little bit of news... :) Hope everyone else has a wonderful Monday!

xxx

oooh post some pics after the scan xxxxx
Lili...............sorry to hear about your accident!!! Was lucky it didnt fall on your tummy!! PHEW xxx
Linn..................those cakes look devine!!! Mmmmmmmm
Have just made some strawberry cupcakes with DD1...............I love half term!! I also will have a house full on Thurs, my sister and her 3 girls (5yr, 4yr and 2yr) are all coming to stay with us for 2 nights!! Am looking forward to it ALOT!! 5 kids under 5 is Fab xxxx The house will be noisy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->