******june babies******

Emma hope you feel better soon... those workmen came back god knows what they are doing but their radio is loud and they just got an electric saw out, hope DD will still sleep for another hour!!

Thanks CJ. I love your bump you only seem to be growing around the belly, whereas I'm growing everywhere! How much weight did everyone gain so far? I'm at 22lbs.

Lili, I've put on weight everywhere :) I'm up to 20 lbs already... I still fit in my "fat" pants and jeans with a belly band (the ones that I was wearing before I lost 20 lbs last year) because my arse and thighs have expanded. There is no way I could squeeze this butt into my size 0 and 2 clothes!!! I will post my 6 week bump pic and my 25 week one side by side when I get home and you'll see the big difference :blush: I also am just wearing stretchy clothes for my photos so it doesn't show as much...

I know what you mean hun, I'm nervous too about third tri and what's awaiting me (I'm starting to second guess my decision for a section but if my placenta doesn't cooperate I won't have much of a choice anyways...). But in the end, we get to meet our LO's, excited to see what she looks like and hold her!

Emma, I hope you feel better soon. That's crappy about the tummy pain!!!
Linn, your builders sound like my contractor! He'd blare the radio, but it seemed to give him momentum to get work done so I just hung out in a different area of the house. Hope it doesn't bother DD too much! Do you think they have much longer?
E&L, take it easy! Hope your pains improve today too :hugs:

Lilli, i lost 3stone with DD1 and only put on 4lb with DD2. but then lets face it, i can afford to loose some.

CJ im not too bad today thanks. i think its just carrying DD2. im getting too big to do it now. its daft, we wouldnt dream of moving really heavy furniture or something similar and yet we carry on carrying our children most of the time.

Linn glad the workmen have started.

Emma hope you are ok hun. xxx

God knows CJ it's gone all quite I guess they left, DD is still asleep. For once I had to close all the windows upstairs :)

CJ I can't make up my mind either I keep thinking I want a C Section and then I keep thinking I really don't want one... luckily I haven't been given the choice so far, but yeah it is scaring me a little, the worst for me is to be away from my DD so hoping I won't be in hospital for so long this time!

Hmmmm I think I put on at least 25 lbs so far (might be more - I got no scales) so you all don't have to worry. CJ is a size 0 like a UK size 6 or 8? I know it's the smallest size. Here most places the smallest size is 8 I think, but not sure!

Awwww you all have aches and pains today :hugs: :hugs:

Linn those workmen sound a right bunch!! Hope they are gone soon!

CJ I'm glad you've put on a similar weight to me! You carry it well though, I would not have guessed you put on 20lbs.

I keep having nightmares about being a mum, that this tiny baby is handed to me and I just don't know what to do! And that I keep dropping her! :nope:

You know what is scary, in third tri they have the march babies thread and it already says they have 7 new arrivals! I hope none of the June babies come so early :nope: Unless it's planned of course like CJs c/s. xx

Lili it is actually a bigger company here where I live, they did a good job of those few hrs they were here for.. just wish they didn't start working at 8 already... when they do turn up :haha:

You will be absolutely fine as a mummy :hugs: I haven't had any dreams I can remember for a few weeks now, thank god as they are usually some random stupid stuff!

You know what is scary, in third tri they have the march babies thread and it already says they have 7 new arrivals! I hope none of the June babies come so early :nope: Unless it's planned of course like CJs c/s. xx

I think this is normal and I'm thinking some June babies might be born in April, I have been on forums for a while and there are always some that have their babies too early, and you please don't worry about premature labour, you are not high risk for that. Personally for myself I do not believe I will go into labour at all and will be over the moon if I actually do. I found that a bit funny when midwife told me what number to ring if I go into early labour, it's not going to happen! I will have my baby on June 22nd instead of 6th :) Hope not....

Linn, size 0 is the smallest here. I know in the European stores I buy size 34, not sure what the UK equivalent is...

Lili, I feel exactly the same way you do! Very nervous about having the responsibility for this tiny, fragile little human being... I keep being reassured by my friends that I'll be fine though, so that helps :) And I find it reassuring that I'm not alone with this fear...

To be honest I don't feel I'm carrying the weight well, my backside feels huge to me... I think it's normal to feel that way though. I find you look fantastic too!!! :flower:

E&L you're right, you wouldn't be moving heavy furniture or boxes yet here you are constantly carrying your daughter! You definitely need to take it easy and she needs to get used to you not carrying her so often, when you get to third tri and your bump grows it'll be mechanically more challenging I'm sure :)

Yikes at some June babies coming in April! Knock on wood that won't happen to any of us... :nope:

Ok I know size 34, it's like size 8 here. So I'm not doing too bad I still fit in my size 10 with DD I was more like a 12/14 at this stage!!

CJ you are looking great I don't know what you are worried about, but then I feel really ugly myself and that not because of weight gain, just spots and my face just looks different when I'm pregnant! Like they say if you're having a girl she takes your beauty away!

Here is my 25 week bump, but I am not able to take a decent pic myself today so will get OH to take another one later!

Attachments

• 25_weeks_600x461.jpg
    25_weeks_600x461.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 0
hi everyone!

sorry, i've not been able to catch up on the dozens of pages i've missed!! think i'll need to buy a blackberry or something so i can keep on top of all the bnb messages :haha:

Anyway, i had a lovely weekend away with my hubby, nice and relaxing just enjoying the winter sunshine and eating for a whole army! Well, i had to celebrate reaching double digits on Sunday :)

i can't believe we're all so close to 3rd tri - scary!! i really need to get organised. I'm trying to make my decisions on baby monitors just now - anyone bought theirs yet? any recommendations? i'm between the BT 150 or the Angel care AC401 but not sure if the movement thing will make me a totally paranoid mummy or put my mind at ease!!

hope you're all doing well!
:hugs:

I had the angel care with DD and then got a Philips Avent one which is fab and I'm still using it, this time I am buying the Vtech clear sounds one, my DD woke up so many times in the night as a newborn, every time you take em out of their bed you have to switch that alarm of the angel care off or it goes off which is extremely loud! So I didn't bother with it after a couple of nights! The best feature for a baby monitor is the parent talkback function for me. Since I got that my DD has been sleeping like an angel, if she does wake I speak to her for a few seconds and she just goes back to sleep, before I had it I would have to go into her room when she woke up and then she'd never let me leave anymore. Sorry for writing so much on those monitors! I actually got 3 for my DD alone!

The one I am currently using
https://www.boots.com/en/Philips-Av..._---_-Philips Avent SCD 530 DECT baby monitor

I am getting this for baby
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0985967/Trail/searchtext>VTECH+CLEAR+SOUNDS.htm

I might use this new one for DD as it got an MP3 feature so she doesnt have to listen to the same boring tune every night anymore!

USA size 4 is a european 34 and a UK size 6.......................
European 32 34 36 38 40 42 44 46 48 50
UK 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22
Japan 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23
USA 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20
USA LETTER XS S S M M L L XL 1X 2X

oooh thanks linn! the BT150 sounds quite similar to the clear sounds one you're looking at - i liked the parent talkback and being able to plug in an mp3 player (if the music they provide is anything like the stuff you get on kiddies toys it'd drive me mad!!) And i did wonder about remembering to switch off the alarm when you pick baby up - i'm rubbish at that kind of thing! mind you, it'd only be the OH i'd waken and if i'm up.... :winkwink:

i'll have a better look at the ones you've used too - thanks!!!

Linn.................I bloomed when i was pregnant with both my DD's. This time around i have NOT bloomed at all...................look tired all the time!!!!
Think it is just a myth..............I am soooooo looking forward till June!!! I wonder who will be the first to have their baby???
Me and Linn are always late..................so won't be us!!! However it has changed now where they have to induce you on day 10.....................unless you sign an agreement that says you don't want to xxx

Hi all!

Sorry just need to rant - I had nosebleeds last night and this morning. Know it's nothing really to worry about but got myself in a bit of a stew about it. Couldn't get hold of m/wife so rang maternity ward who were really nice and said if worried get blood pressure checked by m/w or dr. Rang dr's at 8, no appointments but ring back to 2 and there will be some more then (wtf, but ok). Rang back at 2 to be told appointments were for emergencies only and if I told her what was wrong she would determin if I really needed an appointment...............!?! When I told her, she said well the dr can see you on Thursday at 10, so basically I'm not worthy of an appointment today!!

I do understand that they have to make sure people use dr's time properly and I do also understand I am worrying over nothing, but WHO THE F**K is she to determine if I can have an app???????????? All I wanted was a little reassurance!!! :cry:

Sorry if anyone is a dr's receptionist (!) just had to get it off my chest!

xx

Emma the table you posted is not always correct, where i come from I was a size 34 and here I bought size 8 and that was the same size! I never even seen anything in a UK size 4 and hardly ever came across size 6. I would say anyone who is smaller than a size 8 is very thin! I am rather a 10 than 8 but without the extra hips please!

Emma you got a link for that 10 day rule? here in my town it does not seem to be the case!

oooh thanks linn! the BT150 sounds quite similar to the clear sounds one you're looking at - i liked the parent talkback and being able to plug in an mp3 player (if the music they provide is anything like the stuff you get on kiddies toys it'd drive me mad!!) And i did wonder about remembering to switch off the alarm when you pick baby up - i'm rubbish at that kind of thing! mind you, it'd only be the OH i'd waken and if i'm up.... :winkwink:

i'll have a better look at the ones you've used too - thanks!!!

I think angel care is good for babies that sleep through the night straight away but I think that is not very common. DD looooves the music from the Avent monitor, but she is getting to an age now where I thought she might like other stuff, songs she can sing herself for example. It does drive you mad but if you can just lay your baby in her bed and say good night and leave and only have to keep playing the music for half an hour and then there's peace and quiet it is fab, much better than having to hold LOs hand for 2 hrs trying to leave their room and every time you withdraw your little finger they're awake again! So you can put up with any kind of music!!

USA size 4 is a european 34 and a UK size 6.......................
European 32 34 36 38 40 42 44 46 48 50
UK 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20 22
Japan 5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23
USA 2 4 6 8 10 12 14 16 18 20
USA LETTER XS S S M M L L XL 1X 2X

LOL you're funny!
In Canada we have size 0, which is smaller than a US size 2. I swim in US size 2 clothing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->