******june babies******

I haven't seen any nice yellow curtains actually. I seen some in mamas and papas but I don't think they were plain, they match the m&p range..

Mine are pink, they had blackout liners to go behind them but we have blinds up too so it's quite dark :) I put the tie backs up yesterday and the nursery is complete now.. just need a rug xx

Lovely Lili... I got blackout blinds everywhere too, DD wants Fifi curtains now :wacko:

Delilah don't you have a curtain shop? We got one in town, it's huge and they got loooooaaaads of fabric so you just choose your fabric and tell them the size of your window and wether you want it to be blackout and then they make the curtains! Maybe you can find a place like that near you?

Emma I think I've only received 12 of the one-size (good for 10-35 lbs) and 6 of the small size (good for 6-12 lbs) so far. Apparently to do reusable you need 36-48 for only 1-2 extra laundry loads per week. The 3 parcels I'm expecting contain about 14 more of the small, my mother pointed out that I might need more small than one-size and based on what I read I agree.

Linn, we're trying the reusable from the start, just to get into the habit and routine sooner. The extra-small reusable nappies are SOOOOO adorable, will get about 12-18 of them. I'll be doing laundry every day probably for the first month, but I've accepted that!

Lili, I can't believe your nursery is already done, I'm so far behind! Was trying to think of where I could find carpets as well, have been unsuccesful so far. Maybe I'll try online!

Thanks for the opinions...I really hate where we are now, but it's $535 for a 2 bed apartment, which is pretty damn big and not really skanky for that price...like most of the other ones around here would be...

Otherwise we'd be buying a house and paying just over $1000 a month...really nice houses...3 bed...nice area...no w***er neighbours to deal with and we can do what we want - unlike here where the managers of this place have pretty grotty attitudes... :shrug: I really hate it here and want out, but I'm just so worried we'll get out and feel trapped (like someone else mentioned) because we won't be able to do much/buy what we want like we basically can now...

I'm looking for a WAH job at the moment...but even the sites which are made for WAHM to find jobs have a lot of the ones where you have to make an initial payment, which is obviously a big no-no. If I could get a job, even earning $100 a week, it would give us the freedom we need - DH's wage would pay bills/food etc and my wage would mean we can actually treat ourselves once in a while!

xx

Morning everyone how are you all?

I am having a baaaaad day again, I don't know what's wrong with me, think I am so fed up of being ill, I haven't eaten properly in 2 days and I completely lost my appetite!

Hi guys!!

Sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish Linn. Do your hormones surge again at the start of 3rd tri? seems like people are getting sicky again and i'm back in my first tri super-hyper-emotional state it seems!!! :haha:

Anyway, i'm struggling to keep track of everything so think i'll head over to 3rd tri and see if i can cope with that!! might well pop back mind you, if it's too quiet!

see you all very soon! :happydance:

:hugs:

I think I'm getting addicted to online shopping for cloth nappies. I'm getting a few on ebay at the moment, I figure what I don't want to keep I can always sell on again!

But I'm looking for what to spend my council voucher on now so I'm not spending money at the moment! All UK ladies should look into that as well, this is the link for Lancashire County Council's real nappy scheme: https://www3.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/web/?Lancs_Waste_Info/12258 but I think lots of other councils do it, I'd never even heard of it until someone mentioned it to me - typical council!

Hope all is well, and now I'm back off online shopping! Oops!

I think I'm getting addicted to online shopping for cloth nappies. I'm getting a few on ebay at the moment, I figure what I don't want to keep I can always sell on again!

But I'm looking for what to spend my council voucher on now so I'm not spending money at the moment! All UK ladies should look into that as well, this is the link for Lancashire County Council's real nappy scheme: https://www3.lancashire.gov.uk/corporate/web/?Lancs_Waste_Info/12258 but I think lots of other councils do it, I'd never even heard of it until someone mentioned it to me - typical council!

Hope all is well, and now I'm back off online shopping! Oops!

LOLLLL you sound like me!!! I'll post a pic of my stash so far but I suspect I have purchased around 26-30 so far... Still awaiting my last 3 parcel orders!

Hi my ladies..

I have my 4d scan at 6.30pm :) and I am so excited.

Hope you are all ok today! Xxx

Oooooh Lili how bloody exciting!!!
Looking forward to seeing the scan pics of Layla xxx Bet she is a little beauty xxxx

CJ................I think you need diaper therapy xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lili that is exciting, hope I will get to see some pictures later! xxx

Oooh Lili, cant wait to see the pictures - I just bought a minky sheep diaper to cheer myself up yesterday - I think I have about 30 now will post pics once my nursery is sorted out!

Well I have had a very productive day today - 3 meetings and 2 new clients signed up as a result of my 4am start to sort proposals out :happydance:

I am so hungry, just got home, ate pears in the car and have made a piece of toast with beans as a snack. Not sure what I will have for dinner when Paul gets home. Maybe chicken pasta... not exciting me though!

I plan to look online for curtains this evening too - we have a Dunelm nearby Linn but we dont like any of the fabrics they are all patterned - the ones I ordered from John Lewis Paul said were too old for baby... they are going back.

Tonight I am doing my prenatal yoga dvd and also plan to hit the treadmill for 45 minutes powerwalking. I'm speaking at an event tomorrow morning so have to leave the house at 6.30am so I want to have a nice relaxing night for a change.

Mx

oh thats a shame, https://www.paulsimon.co.uk/index.html this is the place I was talking about, don't know if there is one local to you. But they got any kind of fabrics in the one here, it is huge!

I don't know what I will have for dinner, I just had to be sick.. it's killing me!! Every night I start feeling sick again.. maybe it's cause of the sinus medicine I have taken? When OH gets home we hopefully go shopping as we didn't do it last night! I am so tired of being ill... but I know it will get better, I survived morning sickness too and that was much much worse!

sorry for spamming up this thread, just had another look at the link Delilah and I'm sorry but I guess it's useless but in the actual store itself they got loads of child friendly curtains too.

was just thinking why don't you go for the fisher price rainforest curtains? As you already got the rest of the stuff, do you have the mobile and waterfall soother too?

Hey all.

Just popping in before heading over to third trimester, as I start my 28th week tomorrow! woo hoo!
Getting rather large now, and loving it! don't think I am doing too bad everywhere else though, my thighs have done a little growing as my jeans are putting up a bit of a fight when I try to put them on these days, but I am still winning and thats the main thing!
Loving the idea of the third trimester, but its funny, I am never satisfied, I always want to be just one week further!
CJ you post about how we count our weeks made my day! Althouth I will have been pregnant for 27 weeks tomorrow, I will be starting my 28th week, so I quite like the idea of counting it like that.
Well gonna hear over to third trimester, but will probably pop back as I will miss you all! xxx

Linn I didnt realise that FP did rainforest curtains they would be ideal although look at this!

The first picture is my rainforest collection so far - deluxe play gym, baby bouncer and take along swing - I also have bought another play gym for my parents house!

The second is a snap of our nursery colour scheme - you can see the yellow carpet (just) under the paperwork but the walls are September Fields (mustard/gold), facing walls including inside window sill and jungle fever (green) on the opposite facing walls and the roof is a warm beige (but has turned out like a dry plaster colour) - we have silver blinds and a white curtain rail to tie in the counter and the insides of the shelves once the files are moved and we can paint them.

The last 2 are our new Minky sheep nappy its too cute!!!!

Mx

Attachments

• 02032010820.jpg
    02032010820.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 7
  • 02032010821.jpg
    02032010821.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 02032010823.jpg
    02032010823.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 02032010822.jpg
    02032010822.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2
https://www.babyoka.co.uk/products/...est-curtains-with-tie-backs-138-x-138-cm.html thats the ones...

I got those rainforest items too and a pink bouncer! I think I won't replace them, it would be a waste of money!! I still got the original boxes for all those items. I also got fisher price mobile and waterfall soother, DD looooved those.

thanks Linn I need 90" minimum for both curtains across and 54" drop so will check this out - think they could work as long as I can buy a liner to go on them.

I am going to keep all the original packaging too - Paul is anal like that!

Also thanks for the mobile and waterfall soother info I will check those out too! I am in danger of turning the whole nursery into a rainforest frenzy!!!!

Mxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->