******june babies******

Glad you are chilling a bit more Linn xxx

Welcome JSinclair, lovely of you to join us xx

Thank you Emma and CJ I know these things about google it's what I tell other people! But I always have to research everything on there, everytime I have an appointment I check my notes afterwards and then google what I don't understand, I know it's bad. I'm going to the surgery tomorrow at 9.30 so hoping to get the results on wednesday or maybe I will hear nothing if everything was fine, that's how it works here usually. Although in this case I would like to hear back! Won't stress about it anymore... can still do that if I had a recent infection.

Thank you so much my bump buddies what would I do without you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Awwww sweetie, I know what you mean! I couldn't have done well without you ladies either, to get myself so far without worrying sick!
Please keep us posted. I know, I'm the same: make myself more worried by trying to be more informed. Darn internet! :hugs:

Oh Linn :( i just seen this now. You ok? I'm glad you are going tomorrow, I'm sure everything will be okay, will be thinking of you :hugs:

Call or text me anytime day or night if you need to okay, but please try not to worry, that's what you always tell me :hugs: :hugs:

Happy 14 weeks CJ! Xxxx

Emma, CJ and Lili I can't believe how kind you all are. I am not worried right now, I will wait and see what the results of the blood tests will be, like you said chances are small!

Thanks Lili I will text you when I get my blood results or if anything happens... right now I am feeling soooo sick and soooo hungry and I don't know what to have! Still making those cards tonight... and I won't be finished until tomorrow cause I have to buy some stickers tomorrow!

Emma and CJ can you PM me your address on Facebook too? I want to send you an xmas card, have been making them with DD... well she got her own cards to make!

Hi everyone, I'm officially 13 weeks today so can move in here :happydance::happydance::happydance:

CJ congrats on 14 weeks too :happydance:

Linn I know you are very worried but I have looked on google too after reading what everyone else said and all it does is give you worse case scenarios. Will be thinking of you tomorrow :hugs:

I had my consultant appointment today and am a little stressed too but OK I think. My appointment was a bit more in-depth than I expected. Due to my loop diathermy and cone biopsy surgeries in 2007 (pre cancerous cells) they are not sure if my cervix will function properly – the length is ok but they don’t know if its strong enough to hold the pregnancy as it gets heavier. So I have to have a McDonald cerclage put in which is like a stitch (consultant described it like a drawstring bag it just pulls everything closed until 37 weeks when they remove it) next Monday which should be a treat – not! I have to take it easy for a few days after too because they say that messing with the uterus/cervix can also cause miscarriage. They said its under general but I’ll be out the same day – got my pre-op on Sunday at the hospital. He seems to think I get the stitch in and can carry on pretty much as normal so fingers crossed it will be as straightforward as that. I met the surgeon today too who was nice. My options are to either get the stitch or wait and see if my cervix holds but I dont want to risk a miscarriage if it is incompetent so no brainer really.

Does anyone have any experience with these stitches?

Thanks

Mx

Delilah thanks hun! I'm not looking on google anymore... OH was so kind to change his shift at work so he is actually taking me there tomorrow!

Just wanted to say my mum had this operation done when she was pregnant with my brother, she didn't have precancerous cells removed but when she had an internal at 13 weeks they found her cervix was getting shorter and at the next appointment it was shorter again so she had that op done and all was fine. She was able to go back to day to day business which was looking after me and walking long distances every day. She had it removed at 37 weeks and my brother arrived on his due date! Good luck for your operation I understand you are worried but they would have said if there was anything to worry about. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks Linn, glad your OH managed to swap his shifts its good for you to have him with you.

I feel ok about the stitch, I believe it is common with ladies who have had recurrent miscarriages due to incompetent cervixes and also those carrying twins/multiples so it should be fine. Reassuring to hear your mum was ok too.

They said my earlier mc was nothing to do with my cervix as too early but said they felt I had made the right choice in opting for the stitch. I'm going to ask in general on the 2nd tri thread if anyone else has had one now.

Mxx

yeah he is coming cause for some reason I got this weird pain between my legs when I'm walking, it's on the left side...?? I really don't know what that is again, today I walked to the doctors and then pharmacy and then home and then when I went upstairs the pain started and now it's there as I'm sitting on the couch too! Ouch.. so I said to him it was hurting and he was kind enough to change it so I won't have to walk anywhere tomorrow. Otherwise they will only draw blood so could manage by myself :)

Hope you will get some more answers with reassuring experiences on 2nd tri! xxxxx

Watch you dont overdo the leg - these pains are often nothing but we need to listen to our bodies and rest!

Mx

yeah it's between my legs hard to describe... hurts when Im walking and just now while I'm sitting too :( I really didnt overdo it, been rather lazy actually, I was fine when I was out now I'm at home it started... will do even more resting :haha: and ask my midwife when I see her on the 18th! xxx

Hi Ladies,

It's been a while since I've been on...I haven't been in the office for a bit (where I do most of my surfing...oops :p).

I had my NT scan today. I'm sure bubs takes after his dad as he was not cooperative at all. He was standing on his head and no amount of coaxing would get him to change position. Eventually after 1 failed abdominal scan, a 20 min walk, another failed abdominal scan and failed trans-vaginal scan, she managed to get the measurements on the final abdominal try. Seems I have a stubborn little so and so.

All was good though. NT measured 1.5mm :) so we have decided to just continue with the IPS rather than invasive testing. It was a HUGE relief. She put me back two days to 12w5d so I need to change my ticker.

OH has since freaked out though. I think it all hit home today that this is really happening. He's worrying about running out of time, the expense of everything, not being able to provide.....he'll be fine I'm sure.

We're lucky that my mum is buying our stroller. We've chosen the Uppababy Vista. Now we just need to figure out how to get it to us since mum & dad are in the UK and I'm in Canada....

Anyhoo, off to catch up on the rest of the forum.

Fi

Hi Fi, sooooo happy and relieved for you and hubby! Now you can start enjoying the pregnancy a bit more :)

Linn, you had wanted to see a picture of the sling I bought: here is the picture, and her website is: www.pippalily.com (the girl in the middle top picture is the owner who designed the sling, she's so sweet!). My mom took it home and will make me another one :)

OK, off to bed early (9:30) to recover from my crazy weekend. Christmas party tomorrow night, sigh.....

Thinking of you tomorrow Linn, and hope everyone is feeling better/good! :hugs:
CJ

Attachments

• pop_drfly_iceblue2jpg.jpg
    pop_drfly_iceblue2jpg.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 7
CJ that is beautiful!! I really love it xx

Delilah.........i think that you have made the right decision and fingers crossed for the op xxx Just try and relax as much as you can through this pregnancy hun xx

Linn............hope you are ok, i know you are at the dr's now. Hope you get the results soon babe xx

CJ, Linn, Lili..........could you also send me your addresses?? Either PM on here or on FB xx

Hope you're okay Linn xxx

I love that sling CJ it's beautiful, you got good taste!

I will do Emma :hugs:

Oh Emma happy 14 weeks! And I'm 15 weeks ohhh yay xxx

hey everybody! I'm good went to the doctors and then play group with DD... now gonna have to tidy a bit and sort out some dinner! Love the sling CJ! I already got 2 and will be getting a moby wrap and mai tei for this baby :)

Gotta ask my midwife for the blood results they said so when I take DD to playgroup on Friday I will see the midwife and ask her to check them for me!

Congrats Emma and Lili on 14 and 15 weeks! xxx

Oh Emma happy 14 weeks! And I'm 15 weeks ohhh yay xxx

YEEEEHAAAA I had not noticed!!!

Congrats on 15 weeks!! Wow that seems to sound so much more than 14??

Am very happy today (still feel sick), having a love my bean day today xx

:wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

OK so i'm a little over excited and am posting this on every thread i've ever read but.... I think i just felt my baby move!! It happened twice for about 10 seconds each time, but like nothing i've ever felt before.

That's certainly woken me up! :winkwink:

:happydance: Yay!!!!!! :happydance:

hello ladies i am still alive..................only a few more days till im here offically!!!!!!!! just put an update in the other thread. miss you loads xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->