******june babies******

sorry no recipe for ginger bread here, never made that before... but it is foggy here today as well and sooooo cold! hope someone will have a recipe for you :)

sorry I don't know conversions

Gingerbread

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2/3 cup unsulfured molasses
2/3 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan. In a bowl, measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon; set aside. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy on medium speed. Beat in the egg and continue beating until combined. Combine the molasses and milk in a small bowl. Remove the butter mixture from the mixer. Alternate adding the flour and milk mixtures to the butter mixture. Fold the batter together with a rubber spatula.

Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake in 350-degree oven for approximately 50 minutes or until done. Let cool. Remove bread from pan and wrap for a later date or serve hot. Enjoy!

Makes: 1 loaf

Oh thanks so much for that - will hopefully get round to actually trying it!! :blush:

I'm feeling all Chrismassy at the thought!! :happydance:

:hugs:

where is everybody today? I'm feeling so sick I turned the central heating off and openend the windows and my poor DD has to watch telly with her coat on... while I'm trying to figure out what to have for dinner, OH won't be home til 9 so I'm here all by myself tonight, feel like I'm gonna die :(

Hi Linn and everyone!
I feel like poo too today :-( That 2-3 week period in which I was not nauseated seems so far away now...
It's COLD today, -20'C with wind chill. Beautiful and sunny though, those are the deadly days. When it snows, the clouds act like insulation to keep the heat nearer the earth, so those days are warmer. I love snow, and I am hoping for more soon!
The store where we will create our baby registry (and where they have the rest of my furniture set) is having a huge sale this weekend, so I'll go in to check it out. I may even start working on the registry while DH studies tonight. His exams end on December 17th, maybe then I'll get my hubby back? ;-)
OK, need to eat lunch now before I throw up. Will check up afterwards!
Hugs to everyone...
CJ

Hey CJ hope you will feel better soon! Just made and had dinner and feel a bit better! I think when it's cold I can cope much better with this nausea but put the heating back on now at least for a little while :)
-20 is so cold :( Glad it doesnt get that cold here, I also love snow but it doesn't snow here very often!

mmmmhhhhmmm we had some tortilla wraps with chicken breast, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa and sour cream, DD loved it and actually ate loads!

Yum Linn! You love your chicken don't you xx

CJ sorry to hear that you still feel sick. I am on day 9 or 10 of feeling soooooooo bad :sick:

Not sure what to have tonight?? Pasta always seems to be an easy choice recently for me! Just not sure what to have with it?? Will have to see what there is!

Big :hugs: to all you feeling like poo xx

Lili.........5 days left :happydance:

LOLLLLLL OK I have to share this! DH is all excited because he's managed to find really geeky t-shirts for us and onesies for baby. We're Star Trek and Star Wars fans (big) and here is likely what LO will be next Hallowe'en:
https://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/kids/b38b/
The Princess Leia outfit!!! He's so excited :)

yeah I love chicken, other meat too, but I hardly ever eat anything vegetarian... I must say those wraps were good, could actually have some more now but saving the rest for OH! No doubt he will ask for chips with his!!! I like pasta too but OH doesn't so we only have it once a week.

Thought it was less than 5 days until Lilis scan, I am so jealous and wish I could have one too but I'm glad if I'm going to survive this last quarters heating bill after the problems with the roof of this house :( Gotta be patient until 18th January!

I know it's mean but can't wait until my DD is in bed and I'm gonna sit on the couch with my hot water bottle and some nesquik chocolate :) Now gonna take her to have a tea party in her Fifi tent upstairs! xxx

LOLLLLLL OK I have to share this! DH is all excited because he's managed to find really geeky t-shirts for us and onesies for baby. We're Star Trek and Star Wars fans (big) and here is likely what LO will be next Hallowe'en:
https://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/kids/b38b/
The Princess Leia outfit!!! He's so excited :)

awww thats so cute :)

3 days now me dears :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I can't contain the excitement to be honest:headspin:

:yipee:

:wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

:finger:

I will be talking in smilies until Tuesday!

This is the private scan you booked right Lili?
Excited for you!!!
Lucky you, you can work from home... I wish I could as well! May start cashing in on that on Thursdays, my only non-patient day of the week. Could catch up on paper work and work on my teaching presentations that day.
Ugh, nausea is back, just in time for train ride home :-(
I'll be on FB a lot this weekend girls so I will be availalbe to chat, yay!!!!
CJ

Hey CJ hope to see you on Facebook then, good idea to work from home on Thursdays.. at least you save yourself that long train journey then and get more time to rest :)

Lili so exciting... with DD OH wanted to wait until our 28 week 4d scan to find out the gender and I was bothering him everyday how much I wanted to find out, so one day he rang me at work and said tell your boss you will be half an hour late back from your lunch I'm taking you out. So then he came and picked me up and said we are going to babybond, it was fab :) We couldn't see the gender that day but it was sooooo exciting to see the baby and then one week later we went again :) This time at least they will tell us at the hospital at 20 weeks! So another 38 days for me :cry: But I am sooo excited for you can't wait to hear what you are having! xxx

Hi sisters, just dropping in to check up on you all! So sorry you all sound so poorly (is now the time to mention I've not thrown up at all apart from my 2-day bug the other weekend?) ;)

Can't wait to join you in here this time next week (NHS scan Monday afternoon - Hovis is *such* a show-off).

Lili, the excitement over your gender scan is catching! Can't wait to hear the result!

Off xmas shopping this morning, so had better get up and get ready before the shops get busy. I might treat myself to some nappies or muslin or a swaddle as I haven't bought anything for baby yet and am DESPERATE to start my stash.

Lots of love xxx

Oh Tulip once you start the baby shopping you won't stop! It's like an obsession! Ohhh your scan on Monday will be fab! :cloud9:

Linn that is so sweet and thoughtful of him! What a lovely suprise it must have been :) I don't even want to think about not being able to find out the gender on Tuesday though and havig to wait another week, baby HAS to show us the goods! I will not leave until I know.. I've got my heart set on it and I'm going shopping afterwards!

CJ I think you should work from home whenever you can, stay in the warm and away from all the crazy commuters! :) Hope you feel better soon.

I don't know if this is risky to say but.. I think I might be over the sickness. Each day is getting better and I think by 16 weeks I should feel fab :) mind you, it went away for a while at 10 weeks, then it bloody came back!

I've stopped being sick (for now at least...) but I'm full of a cold which is making me feel worse! Was awake from 4am-7am today and only just woken up again and I'm still tired!!

Happy Saturday ladies, I'm just checking emails after our office Xmas do yesterday where I swear I was the only one sober - it was not pretty - and cost me a bloody fortune! I left at 4pm and went to Borders as they have a huge closing down sale - also got a delicious Decaff Skinny Gingerbread Latte - god that was good!

So sorry for those who are still feeling sick - I am ok still - going in for my pre-op tomorrow then having the McDonald stitch put in my cervix on Monday not looking forward to that. They said my pre-op can be anything from 1-4 hours depending on how busy they are so I'll take a good book!

Hope you all have a good day, mine is running errands, buying christmas cards and shopping then home to sort through filing cabinets for our impending office move.

Catch you later.

Marie xx

p.s. Lilli how exciting I really want a 16 wk gender scan but hubby says 20 week is soon enough - I'm working on him lol xx

Oh Lili how lucky I still feel sick every night :(

yeah thoughtful of him and also he said he couldnt hear me complain and ask about it every waking minute!! but it was fab, the babybond was 5 minutes from where we worked and he got an appointment fast, he often used to take me out so I thought we are off to eat somewhere I was soooo happy! Ah Lili I bet you will be shopping, I will only buy bits, unless it's a boy. And you are right it is an obsession, DD has the biggest wardrobe you can imagine :)

Tulip how lucky getting to see hovis again! I really can't wait to feel my baby any longer, I was a bit worried today but then got no reason to be worried really. No pains no bleeding so guess all must be well :)

Marie, good luck on Monday sweetie, will be thinking of you!!!
Lili, great news that the illness may be passing (knock on wood!).
I'm renewing my nausea meds today, I've finally given in :-(
Still need to do some groceries and buy last minute Christmas gifts so off I go!
Will be on later, hugs to all!
CJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back