******june babies******

hello!!
CJ so pleased for you hun.
Lilli...how did i miss your 20 week point?!?!?!
Linn, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Emma, i seem to miss you everytime your online. lol
Deliah...my arm was really bad. hot, red and huge! and really sore for a good week. if it hadnt been weekend i was gonna go back and get it checked out cos i think i had a big reaction to it. i did show it to the pharmacist and he said to get it checked if not calmed down in next few days. which it did but oh my!! never had a reaction like that before from a jab.
uurrrmmm who have i missed?

Woot, just noticed I'm in the middle box :D It'll be June before we know out...ooooh, that's scary....

Fi

Hello all, finally have the time to write a quick message! Was at the OB office from 8:35 AM until 11:30, had to run and attend to my own patients in clinic! Scan went very well, other than it took a full 1.5 hours to get all the measurements, apparently baby wouldn't turn over for the tech to get a good look at the kidneys and spine! So I kept getting up, bouncing around, and lying back down, plus the tech kept probbing my belly to get LO to turn! LOL it was funny! DH got to look at the screen the whole time! I got really cute photos, will post when I get home :) All is well with the anatomy, which I am extremely relieved about!

SO:
1) Next scan at 32 weeks (didn't realize they do this, but apparently in the tertiary care centre where I am being followed this is standard, so YAY!!!)

2) Elective C/S booked for MAY 26th!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So weird to see it in writing, it is official now, we will have a baby May 26th!!! DH and I are still wrapping our heads around this :)

3) Next appointment with OB, February 9th at 7:30AM (ouch) to make sure I don't run late for my own patients. Was 1.5 hours late to see my patients today, which I hate...

So now I can start making my mat leave plans official!!!! I'm so happy and relieved :cloud9:

Oh my goodness CJ... A may baby! You might be the first out of us all then! Why are you having a c-section?

Can't wait to see the pics x

Congrats CJ!! That must be a huge relief. I'm so excited for my scan on Monday.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but why a CS?

Fi

i know what you mean about the booked date. mine is booked for 10th june and feels really odd to know my baby has a birthday already but i dont know if its a he or she or what they will be called lol. all very odd. glad all is well. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My hips are too narrow. The planned C/S is because of CPD (cephalo-pelvic disproportion), meaning baby's head will be too big to pass through my pelvis, based on the OB's measurements. I could try vaginal birth, but this is more or less guaranteed to result in very long labour with either 3rd or 4th degree tear (all the way down to the anus) with forceps delivery, or emergency C/S. My OB recommended the elective C/S to ensure maximal fetal outcome, since trying vaginally would put her at risk.

Ok I understand CJ but why will they do it early? Not better for her to stay in there a bit longer?

I had a 3rd degree tear and forceps delivery and my DDs head was too big (38 cm) to fit out.. but noone suggested a c sec for me, but I will ask them to check the size of the babies head nearer my due date and then let me have a ceserian if it's huge again... the pain I was in after the birth was horrendous! Worse than my friend who had a c sec! So will ask my consultant at my 30 week appointment.

Elective C/S are always planned ahead of due date, babies are term at the end of week 36 (so start of week 37), so anything after that is fine. She'll be 38 weeks and 2 days on May 26th, this is fine. The idea is to have the C/S before you go into labour after all!

Ok in this country babies born at 36 weeks are classed as prem still!

My friend went into labour on the morning of her elective c section due to baby being breech that was also at 38 weeks but they just did the c section no problems!

I still hope I can have a vaginal uncomplicated birth this time! But we shall wait and see :)

Now I'm scared :( I really want a vaginal birth! Your hips don't seem any smaller than mine, I'm really quite tiny! But I do have friends a similar size who have given birth even without any cuts so I don't know!

But I like how you already know the definite date she will be arriving :)

Lili you can give birth, I know tiny girls that had no issues... I was really small before I had my DD size 8 with very narrow hips and yes I tore but the size of her head was on 90th centile and now I'm all healed and perfectly fine there was no long term side effects but I'd rather talk about this on Facebook or somewhere more private! Even if you were to tear it wouldn't mean that you would get complications afterwards!!

yeh im booked in for 39 weeks spot on. as its 37 weeks here for full term. but DD2 had breathing issues when born at 39 weeks (37 by my dates) so i think they are hoping to give butterbean's lungs a little longer to mature this time. im terrified of going into labour and butterbean doing what DD2 did....dont think im gonna sleep when he/she gets here.

This whole talk is freaking me out too....I'm built like a boy, very slim hipped. Most trousers I can pull down without undoing the buttons. How big an issue is this?

Fi

E&Ls mummy my midwife said 39 weeks was the norm for elective c section! yeah thats why i thought better to stay in longer too as my friends baby born only 10 days early also had some breathing problems!

I thought you were in bed hun :)

As you are planning a vaginal birth I think its better not to know... I was so scared when I knew I would be induced better when you just go into labour so you get no time to be scared!

E&Ls mummy my midwife said 39 weeks was the norm for elective c section! yeah thats why i thought better to stay in longer too as my friends baby born only 10 days early also had some breathing problems!

I thought you were in bed hun :)

As you are planning a vaginal birth Lili I think its better not to know... I was so scared when I knew I would be induced better when you just go into labour so you get no time to be scared!

i think and please correct me if im wrong CJ, but it an internal measurement not external iy you get my meaning. you can have huge hips but if the opening is too narrow or baby is big it can be a prob. i havent had the convo with my consultnant but from what i remember part of my prob is i have a huge lip of bone for baby to get past and altho im a "well built lass" my opening is not big enough for my babies to get thro. well thats what i remember from my drug induced haze right after DD1 got stuck. that and she turned too early.

please dont worry peeps....if there were concerns docs would have said.xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->