******june babies******

I agree with you E&L dont worry everybody.. only normal when it's the first birth though. I'm mostly worried I have to stay in hospital for so long again which means I'm not at home with my DD which is the worst part for me of giving birth so I'm trying to figure out which is the shortest option for me... with my induction I was in for 6 days! How long did you have to stay in after your section E&Ls mummy? I heard it is 3 days here!

I agree with you E&L dont worry everybody.. only normal when it's the first birth though. I'm mostly worried I have to stay in hospital for so long again which means I'm not at home with my DD which is the worst part for me of giving birth so I'm trying to figure out which is the shortest option for me... with my induction I was in for 6 days! How long did you have to stay in after your section E&Ls mummy? I heard it is 3 days here!

as with most things to do with havig=ng babies it depends on how you do. they reccomend 3 days minimum. i came home on day 3 with DD1 but they wanted me to stay till day 5, i couldnt. i was going nuts in there and not resting etc. it was such a busy hospital and ward.
with DD2 i was in 3 days and i felt totally ready to leave, healed so much better and faster that time. but DD2 had other ideas and on day 2 after stopping breathing 3 times they admitted her to SCBU. so i became a "healthy lodger". i had a bed in side ward if i wanted to stay but i didnt have to. they looked after her during the night so i could go home and spend time with DD1 and get some rest and some space from SCBU. was intense.
she came home on day 6.

Didn't mean to get everyone worked up and worried :nope: The majority of vaginal births go fine!!!

This is a medical decision made between myself and my OB: we've both seen petite (talking less than 5'2" in height) women having issues with vaginal birth when babies are normal size or large, and I made the decision along with his consent that I wanted to avoid this altogether. As a physician, I've just seen things go wrong too often (but then again, I'm only invovled for my specialty when things go wrong, so I don't see the "normal" side of medicine!). Too much knowledge is not good most times! :cry:

BTW, full-term is at the end of 36 weeks (so the start of week 37) from a medical perspective, and most babies born at this time don't have breathing issues unless there is something else going on (i.e. infection, aspiration of meconium, etc...). At this stage, the lungs are producing enough surfactant (the lubrification fluid needed for breathing - absence of which causes the majority of breathing issues younger than 36 weeks gestation) for the baby to breathe normally...

long enough I was in hospital for 6 days and thought I was going to go insane, luckily I had private room cause they have actually have 4 bed rooms in our hospital which I think is too much... I really can't imagine sharing a room with 3 other ladies and their babies for several days after the birth so ideally I'd like to go into labour naturally and then come home a few hrs after the birth! But I know it's not a wish that we make and whatever will be I know I will survive as I survived all the complications of DDs birth and it can't be any worse!

Now I'm scared :( I really want a vaginal birth! Your hips don't seem any smaller than mine, I'm really quite tiny! But I do have friends a similar size who have given birth even without any cuts so I don't know!

But I like how you already know the definite date she will be arriving :)

You're almost a foot taller than me!!! I'm REALLY petite, both in height and in width :)

i think and please correct me if im wrong CJ, but it an internal measurement not external iy you get my meaning. you can have huge hips but if the opening is too narrow or baby is big it can be a prob. i havent had the convo with my consultnant but from what i remember part of my prob is i have a huge lip of bone for baby to get past and altho im a "well built lass" my opening is not big enough for my babies to get thro. well thats what i remember from my drug induced haze right after DD1 got stuck. that and she turned too early.

please dont worry peeps....if there were concerns docs would have said.xxxxxxxxx

Yes, it is an internal measurement, you are correct!

hey CJ I think it was not just you getting them worried.. glad you can have the section and dont need to worry here they don't class babies as full term until 37 weeks are completed! Sure your baby will be fine breathing as you must know after ceserians it is more common anyway for there to still be some fluid in the lungs :)

Somehow I wish I knew what was going to happen too... but I'm not really scared I just can't wait to meet my baby and this means having to give birth :)

i think and please correct me if im wrong CJ, but it an internal measurement not external iy you get my meaning. you can have huge hips but if the opening is too narrow or baby is big it can be a prob. i havent had the convo with my consultnant but from what i remember part of my prob is i have a huge lip of bone for baby to get past and altho im a "well built lass" my opening is not big enough for my babies to get thro. well thats what i remember from my drug induced haze right after DD1 got stuck. that and she turned too early.

please dont worry peeps....if there were concerns docs would have said.xxxxxxxxx

Yes, it is an internal measurement, you are correct!

oh gold star for me pweese lol.

ive been having a battle since i moved up here and first saw the consultant with DD2 to actually find out what happened with DD1. they really dont want to tell me the whole story or let me at my hospital notes. and they kept saying DD2 breathing was as a result of reflux.....not convinced personally, there was soooo much fluid with her and they didnt clear her out at birth, i wondered weather it was just fluid etc in her lungs that would have shifted if i had laboured. im not sure if they are trying to shut me up, put my mind at rest with crap or what. and altho my consultant is nice he is a very fast talker, and foreign accent, and i never get more than 10 mins to go over everything i want to.

E&Ls you can request to have a copy of your notes! Sounds very likely it was fluid I heard that is very common also watched every labour programme that there is out there lol... I dont have that channel anymore but I remember when I was pregnant with DD I watched women in labour and giving birth for hrs nearly every night! Thank god I can't do that now... would probably worry again!

yeh i know i can but how......? and would they have everything in them or an editted version??

Thank you lovely ladies I feel much better after reading your posts! :)

yeh i know i can but how......? and would they have everything in them or an editted version??

everything... I will ask google for you, I am quite sure you can get a copy or at least look at a copy at the hospital, there might be a fee but Im sure it's possible see my consultant had DDs notes there I didn't even know I had temp of 41'C not long after the birth... I remember there being many many doctors and that I nearly died but lots of stuff she told me I had never known!!

I found this hope it helps hun!

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/testsandcare/howgetmaternityrecords/

Oh I forgot to mention something interesting! Apparently my placenta is anterior, which is strange since I've felt baby since 15 weeks, and obvious kicks by 16 weeks!

To better illustrate my "normal" size, a lot of my pre-pregnancy clothes (including some jeans) are size 12 years in kids. Much cheaper (not taxed here in Canada) and I don't have to shorten those trousers :) So my hips are comparable to 12 year old girls in other words...

Morning ladies - Emma congrats on 19 weeks hun and Trix glad the hb was fine - I know I felt great when I got mine on mw doppler

CJ you might be the first of us then :thumbup: given Zoe is now 26 May. I might not be long behind you if my cervix proves to be incompetent - they are taking the stitch out a 37 weeks which will be 24 May but we wont know until then.

Linn I dont think I could watch those programmes on labour / births - it still terrifies me I am operating on an avoidance strategy at the moment! I think I am the only one who hasnt felt baby move yet :nope: very anxious for that!

E&L's mummy I am glad I'm not the only one - I had a reaction yesterday from the swine flu jab - was fine leaving the GP's it was about 3 hours later I was in the office and felt a wave of really bad nausea, had to bend over and breathe deeply for a while then I managed to get home and felt dreadful for a few hours. Today my left arm is so painful - it isnt red or swollen but I cant lift or touch it at the top, it is very sore. I hope that it doesnt last long - nurse said it could be up to 7 days :growlmad:

Anyway spent a while reading and catching up best do some work now. Catch you later.

Marie xx

Good Morning June Mommies... Its almost 5am here and I cant sleep... My gender sonogram is next Thursday and it feels like this week is dragging by so slow. I think I have a yeast infection or possibly the bacterial infection I had early on never went away. They never rechecked to see, all I know is it TMI it burns to pee, sex hurts enough where I cried and im very itchy. I am thinking of calling my DR in the morning at 8 to see if they can get me in early and go ahead and do my sonogram... But mostly to see whats going on with my lady parts.
Also I did the sweet swap back in sep when I got pregnant and now im craving Refreshers and Kinder chocolate snack bar... Its horrible to have a craving and not be able to get it because its from another country.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->