******june babies******

fi, i am. especially as we keep fighting about what kinda stuff to get. i got a lot of things stuck in my head which aren't supposed to be good for the baby which apparently aren't known in the states and hubby won't believe me because apparently all i can find about those matters is in german, nothing in english...
but got my parents both on my side with the pram, so i can go nuts there lol

Definitely! My mom ordered my crib which should arrive tomorrow, so I am super pumped!! Now I just need the mattress so I can put the bedding on!

I want to buy more clothes but I've gotten some non-gender specific stuff already and we aren't finding out the sex until birth. Arg! It's so frustrating! I wish I could convince my hubby to find out!

Speaking about fighting - last night my hubby made a comment about how no one cares about his opinions, and that none of the furniture in our house is what he would pick because he doesn't like dark wood. This really hurt my feelings, as I try to make our house nice with the things I choose (and I DO ask his opinions!) and when I told him so, he didn't respond. So a little while later I started crying a little, and he said I was taking it way out of context, and that set me to BAWLING!

Darn hormones!

darn men is more like it
that could have been totally my hubby lol even though he always decides what we get but if he later on decides he doesn't like it anymore it's still my fault lol

Speaking about fighting - last night my hubby made a comment about how no one cares about his opinions, and that none of the furniture in our house is what he would pick because he doesn't like dark wood. This really hurt my feelings, as I try to make our house nice with the things I choose (and I DO ask his opinions!) and when I told him so, he didn't respond. So a little while later I started crying a little, and he said I was taking it way out of context, and that set me to BAWLING!

Darn hormones!

I'm so thankful for my hubby...in that situation I'd have told him to stop complaining, he'd have called me a bitch and we'd have laughed about it :haha:

Maybe your hubby is coming out in sympathy with his own hormones!! :hugs:

xxx

Question gals - for my scan tomorrow, I'm trying to drink loads of water...but I don't like water...Is watered down squash okay?

xx

i'm sure that's fine, hunni. it's more about you having loads of liquids in your belly. at this stage, the picture should be fine regardless, baby's big enough now. in germany you don't even get told to drink anything beforehand and i could see bubba just fine on tuesday lol
have fun 2mrz xx

I think it can be any liquid...just need to fill your bladder. Good luck for your scan :)

Fi

Thank you!! :D Hubby always makes comments like "That's not water!" :dohh: I ought to be drinking more anyway, so I'll take this as an opportunity to fluid up! :thumbup:

xx

20 ish week scan drinking loads isnt as important and I have always been told fluids not any particular thing just drink.

Yeah my ultrasound at 12 weeks I was told to empty my bladder, and when I came back, we could see everything just as well as we could with a full bladder. *shrug*

thak you for your comments ladies. she seems better today after her teacher told her exactly what i had told her last night about her behaviour being totally un acceptable.

ok now as you may have gathered i am a little bit of a worrier but.....my resuts dont seem that good now. im only 30 and mine were 1:992 not in the thousands like you lot....im worried now :cry:

and im voting Girl for Linn.

Lilli yeh gonna need a double as DD2 will only be 22 mths old when butterbean turns up and i walk a mile an half on the school run. ive found a stockist for the one i want to look at...just gonna work on hubby to go let me play.

i had sausage goulash with rice for dinner.....just like me mum used to make it was yum.

Thanks! I just want to make it as clear as possibly possible, I'll be disappointed if we don't find out the sex tomorrow! Hope Bean cooperates :thumbup: Not sure when I'll be having my next scan, probably twenty something weeks for a 3D scan for my birthday prezzy :)

xx

Fi I like the pram... it is very similar to mine but mine is navy with lime and yellow... but you can't really see that it is mainly navy :)

Sylvie put your foot down with the pram I don't want to get into it but was quite shocked to see people just transporting babies in car seat but maybe it's better to have a private conversation on that subject.. I really don't want to upset/offend anyone. I guess it's just not what we are used to!! After all you will be at home with the baby so you should choose the pram that mainly you are going to be using!

Thanks Linn :)

The whole keeping an infant in a car seat thing seems quite common in North America. The top selling prams are travel systems and you can't use the stroller part for a new born. It's not so much of an issue if it's the middle of winter and all you are doing is taking baby to car, to shop, to car, to home...but I spent ages looking for one with a bassinet attachment as I intend to walk a lot in the summer. I was always told that it's not good for a baby to spend too long in a car seat.

Fi

i was happier with DD2 in the car seat with her breathing issues but that was just how i felt.

E&L, I hope I didn't offend. I can see where having baby in a more upright position would be a benefit.

Fi

fi, really, you were told that? my hubby says he never heard of that and noone he know does it, so basically can't be right (is it just me or is that an argument of a 5 yo?)
e&l, can totally see where you are coming from! that's a different thing though then!
forgot earlier, felt last night like my first braxton hicks. isn't that a bit early?

E&L, I hope I didn't offend. I can see where having baby in a more upright position would be a benefit.

Fi

not at all hun. it was a decision between what i felt was right for her back and for her breathing. where ever poss she would be in the carrycot bit when out but if she had not long had a feed or a throwing up fit, i would put her in the car seat or her bouncing chair, if we were at home, (not bounching obviously lol) so she was a little more upright. im afraid i was naughty to with her sleeping at night after she stopped breathing while on her back in hospital. i used to wedge her on her side so if she was sick it would come out and not choke her again.

fi, really, you were told that? my hubby says he never heard of that and noone he know does it, so basically can't be right (is it just me or is that an argument of a 5 yo?)
e&l, can totally see where you are coming from! that's a different thing though then!
forgot earlier, felt last night like my first braxton hicks. isn't that a bit early?

yeh i had been told the same thing about their backs etc, have you seen the new car seats avaiable....will find a link.

yeh i didnt have to worry about it with DD1 but with DD2 i had to have a serious chat with her about her scaring the you know what out of me and her daddy lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->