***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

I'm getting to the point where getting some sleep is becoming harder. Between the baby kicking at all hours, having to get up and pee about three times a night, and the horribly itchy ezcema on the soles of my feet I'm only averaging about 3 solid hours a night :wacko: I don't know if it's just supposed to get worse or if I'm going to get some relief in a few weeks.
I feel your pain, I get up to go to the loo so much, and then I take hours to fall back to sleep, and I wake up feeling like I haven't slept for 3 days. I'm a wreck! And this is when we need our sleep :dohh:

I agree with Sooz about the sleep - I'm finding it easier now that a few weeks ago. :thumbup: Getting harder to prop my expanding bump up though - it's grown loads. :thumbup:

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=196907&d=1303729351

Lovely bump! :thumbup:

I really need to get back on the ball of taking photos of my bump, I think the last one was at 28 weeks :wacko:

I've been taking them weekly from about 20 weeks in the hope of seeing something happening and it's taken until now to see something dramatic. :dohh: Everyone kept saying 'you'll pop soon but never really happened.

I just think it's funny because I was really dilligent at the beginning of my pregnancy....took one every week starting at week six when of course nothing was happening.

Now that I actually have a bump I keep forgetting to take pictures :haha:

We've had Raspberry Leaf Tea mentioned at our ante-natal classes. They recommend you start taking it from 32 weeks I think. I'm going to wait until I have my scan in two weeks time and see if baby has caught up with his/her growth, if all is okay then I might start taking it then because if not I don't want to start taking something that could kick start labour any earlier than it may already be with baby being small.

As for EPO if all is okay I think I will start with that from 36 weeks too, I wasn't aware of it being inserted vaginally until I was reading about it on here yesterday.

Are you going to do both Rose?

There's also some oil you can buy (Clary Sage Oil) which is meant to help labour too, might be worth looking into if you're interested.

Is anyone planning on hiring a TENS machine? That's something else I need to look into.

I also have five weeks left till maternity leave, I can't wait. I really don't want to go back to work tomorrow :(

Great bumps :thumbup:
I'm feeling massive and am probably one of the least pregnant on this thread :haha: :blush:
Am also soooooo fed up with all of my clothes :wacko:

On the nursing bra front - I've got quite a few Bravado ones, which are good and they do nice vest tops with built in nursing bra - kinda of expensive but I really loved them last time.

I started RLT at a cup a day from 33 weeks and have been increasing weekly. From today I'm aiming for 2 cups and 2 capsules (I got both thinking I might not like the tea but I LOVE it!).
Start EPO a couple of days ago once a day and will up to twice a day in a few days. Think I'll stick to taking it orally though. :blush:

The tens machine I'm hiring should be here this week. :thumbup:

LOR: I strongly recommend Target for nursing bras. It doesn't seem like the ideal place, but I got two from there when I was over and they are the best! I'm already wearing them as they are so much more comfortable than underwire ones.

LOR: I strongly recommend Target for nursing bras. It doesn't seem like the ideal place, but I got two from there when I was over and they are the best! I'm already wearing them as they are so much more comfortable than underwire ones.

Really? I'll have to check Target out. Do they come in bigger sizes though?

I'm currently a 34G and I find the S/M/L sizes to be a bit ambiguous. The Large sizes will fit the boobs but will be too big around my ribcage and anything smaller is just too small for my boobs. I got a 34E nursing bra from Motherhood for $10 and it's still too small for the boobs :dohh:

Sounds like you have everything under control Span! I don't drink tea or coffee so I will definitely be opting for the tablets when I get around to buying some.

As for sleeping it's so hot at the moment which doesn't help! I've never been woken up by baby kicking me in the night. He/she tends to be fairly quiet as far as I'm aware, I get the odd kick and wiggle when I come back to bed each time I've been to the toilet in the night, which is 2/3 times atm, but other than that I probably feel more in the day and evening then the middle of the night.

Does anyone feel like they have a big baby inside them? I feel like mine is small but then that may be partly because I find it impossible to imagine a real looking baby inside there and also because I don't feel like I'm carrying much weight to my bump ... that may soon change though!

Really? I'll have to check Target out. Do they come in bigger sizes though?

I'm currently a 34G and I find the S/M/L sizes to be a bit ambiguous. The Large sizes will fit the boobs but will be too big around my ribcage and anything smaller is just too small for my boobs. I got a 34E nursing bra from Motherhood for $10 and it's still too small for the boobs :dohh:

Hmmm, not sure. I know Target does usually carry bigger sizes. I got mine (38DD) there.

We've had Raspberry Leaf Tea mentioned at our ante-natal classes. They recommend you start taking it from 32 weeks I think. I'm going to wait until I have my scan in two weeks time and see if baby has caught up with his/her growth, if all is okay then I might start taking it then because if not I don't want to start taking something that could kick start labour any earlier than it may already be with baby being small.

As for EPO if all is okay I think I will start with that from 36 weeks too, I wasn't aware of it being inserted vaginally until I was reading about it on here yesterday.

Are you going to do both Rose?
Yep, I'm gonna start the RLT at 32 weeks, and the EPO at 34 weeks orally. Quite looking forward to it, as it feels like I'm *doing* something if you see what I mean.

Does anyone feel like they have a big baby inside them? I feel like mine is small but then that may be partly because I find it impossible to imagine a real looking baby inside there and also because I don't feel like I'm carrying much weight to my bump ... that may soon change though!
I kinda feel like I have a big baby - sometimes I feel him on both sides of my tummy, like he's stretched right across, and it just gives the feel that he's huge!

Sooz, that sounds like a pretty good position to be in having a midwife with you there throughout, I wouldn't mind that, that's if she knows what she's doing!

She'll be supervised but it is nice to know I won't be left on my own between examinations etc. She's done my past two appointments and is doing my home assessment and birth plan with me tomorrow.

You have a busy few weeks then! I guess the best thing to do is to keep busy. I would love to be a case study, you ought to ask her for a copy of her notes as well to keep. I have my 32 wk appointment on Wed, does the midwife see you every 2 weeks as from 32? I have only seen my midwife 4 times throughout my pregnancy. To say it's my first child you would think that visits would be more frequent.
x

I was seen at 31 weeks, then 34 weeks and then it goes to every 2 weeks until 40 weeks when they start to monitor you more closely. I think I am getting the usual check-ups tomorrow as well though, as I was given an extra pee pot at my last appointment.

Just reading up about Raspberry Leaf tea and Evening Primrose Oil, and wondered what you ladies are doing - has anyone started them yet, and are you planning to?
Big sticky about it here - https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...eaf-tea-rlt-evening-primrose-oil-epo-faq.html

I'm planning on starting it at 36 weeks, so this weekend coming. I'll be taking the tablets though, I hate herbal tea.

I agree with Sooz about the sleep - I'm finding it easier now that a few weeks ago. :thumbup: Getting harder to prop my expanding bump up though - it's grown loads. :thumbup:

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=196907&d=1303729351

Whoa Span, what happened? You are suddenly very obviously preggers! :thumbup::haha:
I got told I look like a piece of string with a knot in the middle yesterday. I think it was a clumsy bloke compliment!

Ive had a couple of cups of RLT already but will start taking daily from now I think - gotta have a spoonful of sugar in tho :s! lol

After I had DS #1 my boobs exploded in size so im expecting them to do the same now ... atm im wearing maximum support and sports bras (fitted myself :blush) that are non-wired but will get measured for nursing bra when time comes ...

Great pic hun!

x

Ive had a couple of cups of RLT already but will start taking daily from now I think - gotta have a spoonful of sugar in tho :s! lol

Its really good with honey too :flower:

Thought id let all you June mummies to be ive made a group on facebook for us all :)

Is you search: Bnb June mummies-to-be <3

An il accept everyone who also adds,
Its great for us all (who also goes on FB alot) to keep updated how everyone is getting on, An you dont need to be 'friends' on facebook to keep updated.... (as i dont come on here as much, addicted to facebook lol)

everyone can see the group but only members can see our posts

Its really good with honey too :flower:

will try it!!!!!!!!! ty :D

Thought id let all you June mummies to be ive made a group on facebook for us all :)

Is you search: Bnb June mummies-to-be <3

An il accept everyone who also adds,
Its great for us all (who also goes on FB alot) to keep updated how everyone is getting on, An you dont need to be 'friends' on facebook to keep updated.... (as i dont come on here as much, addicted to facebook lol)

everyone can see the group but only members can see our posts

:thumbup: Fab Idea!!!! Ive requested

xxxxxxxxx

I'm planning to get a couple of nursing bras fitted at 36 weeks.

I hadn't really planned on EPO ir RLT. Will see how desperate I get I guess!

Am I the only one resisting getting up to pee still? My LO wakes me early with wriggling but not usually in the middle of the night.

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->