***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Just thought I'd post this here, incase any of you ladies haven't seen it. You can get a free breast-pump or steriliser, just have to send off your details. The closing date is in June, so get sending!
It isn't a scam or anything - lots of ladies on here have already got theirs, just have a look over the thread :thumbup:
https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...y-free-breast-pump-offer-details-uk-only.html

I've already put in for mine. It hasn't arrived yet though, but I did get an email from them saying they would be mailing out loads this week :thumbup:

*sigh* Why don't they give out cool free stuff here in the US? :haha:

When we got the 3D scan the receptionist said we get a bag of goodies afterwards and I was really excited. Got in the car and opened the bag and it was free formula and coupons for more formula...I plan on breastfeeding so I ended up giving the whole bag to my friend who uses the same brand for her son. I was a bit disappointed that they didn't have anything to offer for those planning on breastfeeding :shrug: and they just assumed that I'd want all that free formula.

Free goodies don't count unless you can use them. It's like when someone gives you a gift you already have 2 of, lol... thanks, but no thanks.

Do any of you ladies have a birth plan at all or a list of birth preferences? I have one my friend did (she's due 2 weeks after me), but haven't done mine yet. I was thinking of doing it tomorrow. I know this is not even close to my first time giving birth, but it will be the last and I want it to go my way, you know, so do you think writing it down will help? I am delivering at a tiny hospital and I think I might find some opposition when I say no constant monitoring, no immediate IV (do a hep lock, that's okay), etc...

Free goodies don't count unless you can use them. It's like when someone gives you a gift you already have 2 of, lol... thanks, but no thanks.

Do any of you ladies have a birth plan at all or a list of birth preferences? I have one my friend did (she's due 2 weeks after me), but haven't done mine yet. I was thinking of doing it tomorrow. I know this is not even close to my first time giving birth, but it will be the last and I want it to go my way, you know, so do you think writing it down will help? I am delivering at a tiny hospital and I think I might find some opposition when I say no constant monitoring, no immediate IV (do a hep lock, that's okay), etc...

I've got a list of things I'd like/not like, and I think writing some stuff down will definitely help you. Just bear in mind that nothing might go to plan, so don't set your heart on anything, but it's a good idea to have something so you can give it to the staff when you get to hospital, and then you're more likely to have the experience you'd like. You can mention things about pain relief/privacy in your room/the 3rd stage of labour/use of ventouse and forceps/what you want to happen to your baby straight after birth/etc. If you have a wee look on the internet there are lots of sites that can help you with it. The NHS site is really helpful too.
If you're worried about opposition to your choices, then I'd especially say get your wants down on paper, so that people know exactly how you feel about things. Make sure you have a copy, your birth partner has a copy, and take several in your labour-bag for any staff who treat you.

This is me in all my exhausted glory carrying by baby OH SO LOW! Nevermind the bags under my eyes. I'm 36 weeks exactly.

https://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/sweetmamags/36weeks1.jpghttps://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h110/sweetmamags/36weeks2.jpg

Sweet Mamma, lovely bump ;@)

Kerry Gold enjoy your last day at work x

Last day of work today!!!

:argh: :happydance:

xXx

I am so jealous. I was dying at work today. I have no plans to take off early because I just can't lose the income (Yes, US maternity leave policies SUCK).

I have an OB appmt tomorrow. I'll update after.

Im not working this time around, BUT last time the maternity sucks here in the US. cant go on leave until 2 weeks before due date. and only 6 weeks after birth. 8 weeks for a section. Unless you have vacation time open. its really lame. I feel your pain! Last time I took a extra month off without pay because I just couldnt bare to go back to work yet.

i have midwife today at 2:50pm the chances are shes gonna not be happy with me and send me in hospital which i hope not... reason being is that i havent been feeling myself sense last night with weak tightning period like pain... ive been sick and my BP is 150/100 pulse is 108 but i am hoping that will change when she checks it over later... i still feel sick though :-(

Good luck at your appointments ladies!

I had one yesterday and everything is well. I'm 100% effaced but I haven't really had a bloody show yet so im a bit confused (lady looked a bit young and wasn't a dr). Not dilated at all. Baby is a little on the big side. Will get weight estimates on Monday when I go to my new dr because now im high risk because of bp, bedrest, and I've gained 40 pounds in the past 35 weeks. Not complaining though because I'm going to be seen by the best of the best at Duke hospital (where I plan to deliver) so it just gives us more time to get to know each other lol.

Good luck at your appointments ladies!

I had one yesterday and everything is well. I'm 100% effaced but I haven't really had a bloody show yet so im a bit confused (lady looked a bit young and wasn't a dr). Not dilated at all. Baby is a little on the big side. Will get weight estimates on Monday when I go to my new dr because now im high risk because of bp, bedrest, and I've gained 40 pounds in the past 35 weeks. Not complaining though because I'm going to be seen by the best of the best at Duke hospital (where I plan to deliver) so it just gives us more time to get to know each other lol.

Sounds like it could be soon for you :thumbup: Had my OB visit today and I'm finally down to weekly appts :happydance: I have 1 more week on my procardia then I'll be off at 35 weeks. She said if I go into labor they won't stop it but also won't help it along. I haven't gained any weight these last 2 weeks some how but I've been very hungry. Every week that I stay pregnant I celebrate...just a couple more weeks and this baby can come if she wants but she has to wait at least 2 more weeks :)

Just to let you girls know KerryGold went in to hospital this afternoon to get her BP checked and it was fine but they noticed she was having irregular contractions. After seeing a registrar they have decided to keep her in and she has had a steroid injection in case Nugget makes an early appearance.

i have midwife today at 2:50pm the chances are shes gonna not be happy with me and send me in hospital which i hope not... reason being is that i havent been feeling myself sense last night with weak tightning period like pain... ive been sick and my BP is 150/100 pulse is 108 but i am hoping that will change when she checks it over later... i still feel sick though :-(
I hope you feel better soon and that everything checks out well today.

Just to let you girls know KerryGold went in to hospital this afternoon to get her BP checked and it was fine but they noticed she was having irregular contractions. After seeing a registrar they have decided to keep her in and she has had a steroid injection in case Nugget makes an early appearance.
How far along is she? I sure hope all these babies stay put for just a bit longer.

AFM~ I had my OB appmt today. Baby is good. I am good. Down to weekly appointments now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->