***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

Hi Sophie,

Welcome! In yet another twist my favourite name for a girl this time is Sophie!

You really do have an amazing story.

Hey, congratulations on your marriage by the way. Where was your honeymoon?

Lx

Welcome! In yet another twist my favourite name for a girl this time is Sophie!

Bizarre! It's served me well if thats any help... although when I was born (looooong time ago!) it was such an unusual name but now it's a bit better known. We both liked Lois last time and I'm really not sure why it didn't make the final list - she was either going to be Melissa or Tabitha but even though we loved (and I do still love) Tabitha, everyone said it sounded like a cats name - so we ended up with Melissa or Missy for short.

Boys names are a different thing - much harder I think!

Not sure wheter to find out the gender on this one - I was adamant last time not to (and didn't, and not finding out really helped to motivate me in labour as I was so keen to know what she was!) but I can see a practical benefit this time - I really don't mind if it's a boy or girl, but I can see helpful benefits for another girl - same baby clothes, sharing a room, etc. If its a boy I could sell all the girly things and get boy ones instead! Not sure what to do on that count! Will any of you ladies be finding out?

We got married in my old family town in north wales, and then just went to Lanzarote - nothing too exotic as we took DD with us and we didn't want to risk her tolerence on a long haul flight lol!!!

We're finding out, just getting a baby is enough motivation for me to start pushing and I think finding the flavour breaks the pregnancy up nicely and gives DH something to look forward to (40 weeks is forever to a bloke). He is keen to find out and is already talking about nurseries. :wacko:

Hi SJM :flower:

What a lovely story, bet you and OH are over the moon. I too am worried about size of the house, child care etc etc. Hubs works from home in what will be the babys room so no idea where we are going to put him... In a corner me thinks :haha: Can't really afford to move right now so we'll have to figure something out.

I defo want to know the flavour :haha: just can't wait. I agree that it will help with bonding etc.

Arghhh I am so stressed right now. Just got back from my doctors. Went to see them as have had some spotting since I got bfp. Anyways, the doctor basically told me that there is nothing they can do at this stage and I could lose the baby, or not, only time will tell. He also gave me the number for the early pregnancy advisory unit and said that I could make an appointment for an early scan to check the baby etc. Just rang the number and he has given the number for the termination clinic :cry::cry:

I rang the doctors and told the receptionist and she gave me the correct number, just rang it and they said that I have to be referred by the doctor and can't make my own appointment :nope:

I'm so stressed and angry at my doctors for being so poo and insesitive :cry: I feel like I have no faith in them at all. Just had a total meltdown at the receptionist.

Sorry to bring all the joy down :nope:

Sweetheart... :hugs: I had a very similar bad experience with my doctor when I was about to miscarry in the pregnancy before I had my daughter!

I was fuming, and now i will only see a lady doctor at my surgery, and have had no problems with my surgery since then!

I had an early scan when preggers with Lottie and I didn't need my doc to make the appt, I just told them that I needed one to date the pregnancy as i'd had strange periods since the miscarriage and they saw me no problem.

I'd get hold of your surgery reception and ask to see another doctor. *hugs*

xx

sorry hun... just read the bit about the HCG levels... .hope they're on the rise!!

Welcome SJM! what an amazing story!! My little one is 18 months and hubby works from home too... so..crowded house :) but we will make do until we have more funds available for a new house1 :D

Anyhoo... .morning sickness has hit me.... hate it! :( but well worth the bother for the end result! :)

xxxx

First appointment with GP went well. Pretty quick appointment really, gave me EDD of 10th June (though that may change at scan) - first antenatal appointment with midwife is October 29th! Very excited!

How's everyone doing today?

I couldn't get my appointment changed so I'll be booking in with the midwife next Tuesday. Hopefully they'll have all my note through from the old practice by then. Just need to concentrate on getting safely through the next week now.

I'm finally full up, just scoffed a whole half pint of angel delight. Fancy a nap again now.

Hey guys.... can i join in please??????

I got my :bfp: on friday and am off to the Dr's tomorrow to tell him the good news..

I'm really shocked as we had only been trying a week and then this bean stuck... after telling my mum she decides to tell me= oh it was like that for me too.. grrrr damn women, could have warned me :dohh: i really did think we were going to take ages and had told myself that i was just imagining all my symptoms as i'd read up on it too much.. imagine the shock when i got the two lines on the test..

Hubbies response was - yey my balls work :haha: bless him..

We've only been married 8 weeks so possibly all a bit rushed but soo glad we waited to try rather than before. I've had THE most painful boobs, cramps, back ache and grumpyness going... i thougt you were meant to bloom in pregnancy ?? ha..

sending you lots of dust and glue
x

I just got back from the ob/gyn's office. My due date (yeah!!!!) is June 2!!!! I am sure that will change once I get a scan in a few months. My first check up in November 5!!! At that appt my scan will be scheduled! Please add me! Thanks!+

Hey everyone!!!

Thanks for making this Thread Lois, it's great!! Now, I have to figure out how to copy the June Buds picture, and I'm all set :)

I have a Doctor's appointment this Friday, so she can get me in for an appointment for my 12 week scan (it's hard to get in here)..... and my family & I are flying to visit my mom for the weekend, and we can't wait to tell her!!! We ordered a shirt for Cameron (our 15 month old) to wear, and on the front it says "Shhhh, I have a secret.....", and on the back is says, "I'm going to be a big brother!" OMG!!! DH and I both started crying when we saw it!! HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!

Congrats to everyone here, exciting isn't it?!??! The next 9 months are going to be wonderful!! I remember my first pregnancy like it was yesterday, and LOVED every minute of it!!!!

It's going to be wonderful getting to know all of you in the next few months!!

xoxox

Can you add me please i think i'm due 14th June based on LMP. It was a big shock to get my BFP as we weren't really trying we were NTNP but we only :sex: twice this month due to work etc!

I think my morning sickness is starting, I couldn't get out of bed for an hour today as I felt hot, dizzy and nauseous. Once again am fine after eating though. Think DH will have to start bringing me breakfast in bed. :haha:

Have any of you got MS yet? If so when did it kick in?

Bizarre! It's served me well if thats any help... although when I was born (looooong time ago!) it was such an unusual name but now it's a bit better known. We both liked Lois last time and I'm really not sure why it didn't make the final list - she was either going to be Melissa or Tabitha but even though we loved (and I do still love) Tabitha, everyone said it sounded like a cats name - so we ended up with Melissa or Missy for short.

Boys names are a different thing - much harder I think!

Not sure wheter to find out the gender on this one - I was adamant last time not to (and didn't, and not finding out really helped to motivate me in labour as I was so keen to know what she was!) but I can see a practical benefit this time - I really don't mind if it's a boy or girl, but I can see helpful benefits for another girl - same baby clothes, sharing a room, etc. If its a boy I could sell all the girly things and get boy ones instead! Not sure what to do on that count! Will any of you ladies be finding out?

We got married in my old family town in north wales, and then just went to Lanzarote - nothing too exotic as we took DD with us and we didn't want to risk her tolerence on a long haul flight lol!!!

I find boys names a bit harder too. OH and I rarely agree because he thinks I like posh names and I think he likes chavvy ones. We both think "Sophie" is lovely and very feminine though. It's also one of the few names that we both have nice associations with.

We found out the gender last time - I was certain I wanted to because I just wanted to know as much as poss about my baby as soon as poss and I'm a little impatient! I'd like to find out this time too, partly for the same reasons but also, as you say, so I know whether to dig out Evie's old stuff or buy boy things!

We went to Lanzarote this year - wasn't sure what to expect but we had a great time and stayed at a lovely family resort called Princesa Yaiza. Nice beach too!

Lx

First appointment with GP went well. Pretty quick appointment really, gave me EDD of 10th June (though that may change at scan) - first antenatal appointment with midwife is October 29th! Very excited!

How's everyone doing today?

Pretty knackered today! The fatigue is def my biggest symptom at the mo. Although the nausea is really kicking in too. How are you doing?

Hooray for your first appointment! And not long til you see the midwife.

Lx

I couldn't get my appointment changed so I'll be booking in with the midwife next Tuesday. Hopefully they'll have all my note through from the old practice by then. Just need to concentrate on getting safely through the next week now.

I'm finally full up, just scoffed a whole half pint of angel delight. Fancy a nap again now.

Mmmm angel delight! I haven't had that since I was little. *adds to shopping list*

Sorry that you're having to wait for your appointment, that must be really frustrating. Fingers crossed the time will fly by.

Lx

Hey guys.... can i join in please??????

I got my :bfp: on friday and am off to the Dr's tomorrow to tell him the good news..

I'm really shocked as we had only been trying a week and then this bean stuck... after telling my mum she decides to tell me= oh it was like that for me too.. grrrr damn women, could have warned me :dohh: i really did think we were going to take ages and had told myself that i was just imagining all my symptoms as i'd read up on it too much.. imagine the shock when i got the two lines on the test..

Hubbies response was - yey my balls work :haha: bless him..

We've only been married 8 weeks so possibly all a bit rushed but soo glad we waited to try rather than before. I've had THE most painful boobs, cramps, back ache and grumpyness going... i thougt you were meant to bloom in pregnancy ?? ha..

sending you lots of dust and glue
x

Hi hun, Of course you can join. Welcome! Are you due 13th or have I just made that up?! Congratulations on getting pregnant so quickly - a few people here have had a similar experience and are feeling a bit taken aback too!

Bless your hubby. Men like to know their bits are doing the job hey?

Congrats on your wedding too - quite a year for you both!

I def don't feel like I'm blooming yet, I just feel blooming rough! Good old mother nature.

I just got back from the ob/gyn's office. My due date (yeah!!!!) is June 2!!!! I am sure that will change once I get a scan in a few months. My first check up in November 5!!! At that appt my scan will be scheduled! Please add me! Thanks!+

Hi hun. Yay for first appointment!

I've moved you to June 2nd.

Lx

....and my family & I are flying to visit my mom for the weekend, and we can't wait to tell her!!! We ordered a shirt for Cameron (our 15 month old) to wear, and on the front it says "Shhhh, I have a secret.....", and on the back is says, "I'm going to be a big brother!" OMG!!! DH and I both started crying when we saw it!! HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!

Aww that's lovely!

We told my mum and dad in a really similar way. Evie was wearing a t-shirt under her coat that said "I'm the big sister" on the front and "Due June 2011" on the back. I whipped her coat off for the big reveal and neither of them read the shirt! I had to point it out to them in the end. :dohh:

Have a lovely trip and I hop your mom gets the hint quicker than mine did!

Lx

Can you add me please i think i'm due 14th June based on LMP. It was a big shock to get my BFP as we weren't really trying we were NTNP but we only :sex: twice this month due to work etc!

Hi Faun,

Congratulations and welcome! Another quick pregnancy - thats great! There must have been something in the air in September!

Lx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"