***June Buds***Come on in. 39 Babies!

I'm very sorry to hear you're having to put up with that mgarate. Personally I find your boyfriend's opinion deeply immature and unfair.

In UK the healthcare professionals avoid any internal examinations until right at the end of pregnancy (40 weeks+) to reduce the risk of introducing infections.

My husband didn't blink an eyelid when 2 different male consultants had to give me internal examinations during labour and then when one of them delivered the baby by forceps. His only concern was my and the baby's safety. There is nothing sexy about it and as Sooz says your boyriend's only concern should be how competent the doctor is. Try not to let him make you feel guilty abut something you can't and shouldn't have to control.

Lx

Thanks Lois.I asked my doctor and all she told me was "it SHOULD start easing soon..SHOULD" and then she smiled..ugh. but i'm having a problem...so boyfriend and me just had an argument.He's mad because he wants me to have a FEMALE doctor to do all my appointment for the baby and to deliver the baby..and i agreed because i feel more comfortable with woman.Well i called a lot of places when i was around 7 weeks and finally found a woman..well my first appointments it's been her and next time i go it's a man..the lady at the front desk told me i have to meet every doctor at least ONCE..well he is a little jealous i guess u can say..and i also told my boyfriend that the day of delivery IF for some reason my main doctor won't be able to be there it might be a male that delivers the baby..well now he's mad and told me he won't be in the room if that happens and won't speak to me...I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.I mean what does he want me to do not give birth since it's a man doctor ?? and next time i go it will be a man so i will be 16 weeks..does anyone know if he's gonna have to do any vaginal exams because if so i can't take boyfriend or will have to reschedule..this is so depressing...anyone dealing with this ??

Eek, how old is your boyf? Sounds like he needs to grow up and get over himself. Sorry if that seems harsh but surely his main concern should be the health of you and the baby. I find it very odd that he sees delivering a baby and examining a pregnant lady sexy.

Anyways...

I had my scan yesterday and it was FAB. I've attached a piccy. Lois, please can you change my due date to 11th june, thats hun :happydance:

Hope everyone is doing ok - can I have my edd change to 14 June please, just had my 12 weeks scan. It was so nice to see little pip even though it was being a pain any laying on its tummy so its measurements were hard to get - I kept having to cough and pip would summer salt and then lay back on its tummy.

One thing I am concerned about though is on my scan they identified a rather large fibroid to the right of my womb, they kept saying there was noting to worry about but I would need to book an appointment with a consultant. When I got home I goggle it and wish i hadn't as read loads of horror stories. Has anyone had fibroids take could put my mind at ease?

mgarate - Your boyfriend sounds really immature and controlling. Is he usually like this when you're around guys? A doctor isn't going to hit on you or anything like that...like someone said they've probably seen everything anyways (more than they want to, I'm sure). If he really can't deal with another man being around you, then it might be a good thing for him to keep his word and stay out of the delivery room. I know I'm probably sounding harsh but he sounds possessive and that's always been a pet peeve of mine.

I've started craving junk food! Burgers, huge bags of pick'n'mix and endless salt and vinegar crisps!

Thanks ladies for listening to me..well my boyfriend is 20 and i am 18.He's never really been jealous or possessive but i'm guessing since it has to do with private areas he feels uncomfortable about it..i don't feel comfortable around other men just because of personal preference and experiences in life.

Well i got a question..This morning i started getting like a pain on my lower right back side..it's like under my ribs but on my back and it doesn't hurt terribly it just feels like i been doing exercise or something..anyone else felt this ?

I had something similar. My doctor explained it as before everything goes out into a bump, it moves up first. You're breathing differently, ribs going out instead of with your diaphram (sp?) so you can irritate a nerve that runs around your ribs. Try to sit up straight and take deep breaths, that's what he recommended.

:happydance: Happy 12 weeks to me! Scan tomorrow! Woo!

Happy 12 weeks Ozzieshunni...good luck for tomorrow!

Hubs & I are just back from Mothercare and it has scared the shit out of me. I suddenly realise I have no idea what I am doing. I am www. outofmydepth.com. Eeek!

Ozzieshunni, how did your scan go? Hope everything was okay.

Scan isn't until 2:40pm :wacko: Will def update with pic when I get back :)

Ahh right, I'll look out for your pictures, bet you can't wait :)

Do you have a bump yet? I am trying to figure out if what I have is one or not. Anyone else showing yet?

I am, if I'm wearing the right clothes. It's most obvious when it's bare though, if it wasn't due to pregnancy I'd be devastated. :haha:

Do you think this looks like a bump or not then? I can't decide whether I am just a bit flabby or not! Sorry about the PJs!

Attachments

• IMG_0281.jpg
    IMG_0281.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 4
Oh yeah, biggest clue is when your back starts to curve as well, like yours is.
This was mine last week, doing another tomorrow.

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1227.snc4/155975_1714816756898_1432575835_1875245_7028509_n.jpg

Ah yeah, how my back is normally I've never taken much notice of (cue me now going through all the pictures on my laptop to find a side view of my back!) but I definitely see the curve.

Your bump looks pretty similar, except you have a better body :p I wish I was taller :)

xx

Squeal I'm 5'7" and I hear taller people take longer to get a bump!

Great bumps girls I think I could be developing bump envy :)

Definitely bumps, definitely not flabiness! You both look great.

I come with words of warning...DO YOUR PELVIC FLOOR EXERCISES!!!

I have had to go to hospital twice this weekend in a complete state because I've had a mild prolapse and bleeding. Happily the baby and I are both ok at the moment but I would rather have avoided the whole panic. Previous pregnancy and forceps delivery has weakened everything unfortunately.

Get squeezing ladies!

Lx

:hugs: lois glad everything is ok now thou

I realised I needed to do them when I wet myself being sick :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe