June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Lilyfire that is such a shame that your work are being unsupportive, I told my boss a few weeks who because she was quibbling over time off so I explained it was for a MW appointment. Since then she has been awesome, really supportive and apparently enjoying being in on the little secret :flower:

Lily i'm sorry to hear your work are giving you a hard time! I started at my current job when I was 7 weeks pregnant with Grace and the boss I had at the time was fab, I was signed off from about 26 weeks with SPD and broken ribs, I had to have a meeting about how much time I had off sick but he handled it really well making sure HR were there so it didn't look like he was discriminating against me because I was pregnant!! Well anyway, when I was on Maternity leave he left and was replaced my my current boss who is an absolute bitch!! I have a bone condition and when I returned from maternity I had a broken arm and she went mad!! I have been back 2 years and was in hospital for 3 weeks last year and she basically threatened me when I returned making it sound like if I had another day off then I would lose my job! I am now petrified to have a day off, I even went in the day my Grandad died. So I am now worried that this pregnancy will be the same as the last one and will need to be signed off!! You wouldn't believe I worked for the NHS! I know exactly how you feel, I know we have rights and especially being pregnant they can't really do anything, but it's not nice to have such a crappy boss xx

Sorry to change the subject, but I'm wondering if others are having massive insomnia?? Third night in a row I'm up at 3 am not able to sleep. The good news is each time I've been feeling ok so I've managed to eat something...really good news right now since Monday I had literally a can of ginger ale and yesterday half a bagel, some grapes, and ginger ale. Not enough to have any sort of energy! I'm back on regular doses of Zofran, which seems to be helping a bit (at least at the moment), but dreading the 10 hour packed day I have to work tomorrow! At least some of it will be fun introductions of new mentoring pairs!

And, Cliqmo...I luckily have had the same experience. She's been so nice about it I feel awful I'm going to tell her that I only want to work about 10 hours (or maybe none at all!) come June! I haven't fessed up yet...

Sorry to change the subject, but I'm wondering if others are having massive insomnia?? Third night in a row I'm up at 3 am not able to sleep. The good news is each time I've been feeling ok so I've managed to eat something...really good news right now since Monday I had literally a can of ginger ale and yesterday half a bagel, some grapes, and ginger ale. Not enough to have any sort of energy! I'm back on regular doses of Zofran, which seems to be helping a bit (at least at the moment), but dreading the 10 hour packed day I have to work tomorrow! At least some of it will be fun introductions of new mentoring pairs!

Hey Cricket....I am DEFINITELY suffering insomnia. It is literally driving me up the walls!

Also 3rd night in a row for me and just can't handle it! First night i woke at 4 and didn't go back to sleep at all, then 2.30am and was awake around 3 hours and then last night the same! I hate it and when i do eventually fall asleep and then wake up I feel 10 times worse! Due to us not being able to drink caffeine (well i'm allowing myself 2x cups of tea a day) it's hard to function and be alert and "on fire" as my boss puts it! I am just in a constant daydream all day and can't wait to get home to sleep. I haven't been napping though as i think that would make it worse at night???

When you wake up in the night do you feel really tired or wide awake? I feel wide awake like i could just get up! I have tried deep breathing and self-hypnosis but those things only work if you can clear your mind and stop thoughts from coming into your head which i find really difficult!

Anyone got any tips?????

Re the boss thing...i told my boss at 8 weeks (that was the say i projectile vomited and everyone was like oooh maybe it's morning sickness). I told the boss just to shut him up as he was ringleader and he has been great since.

He has already told me though that there is no way i can go back to my role part time. I have a friend in HR and she said he can't say that to me already and he has to at least consider my position and i can even be flexible and offer a compromise in which case i think he would also need to compromise but i'm kinda not gonna worry about it just yet!
My HR friend has a boss who has 2 kids and she is working 2.5 days a week on full pay (because she's the HR manager and she just can!)....the caveat to that agreement though is that she has her work phone on 5 days a week for emergencies etc!!! Nice....it's alright for some innit!!

I really wish we could afford for me to stay off work for a few years (wouldnt we all i guess!)

hhhmmmmmmmmmmm

PS can't stop looking at my scan pic and grinning from ear to ear!!!

Sorry I am the opposite right now so no advice. I can sleep for 12-13 hours, plus have a 2h nap in the day... Just unbelievable!

Same here. I've just woken up, was meant to be at work at half 8, another bollocking for me! Yay!

Same for me I am sleeping a lot!!!

Laura did you already buy your pram? And was it the icandy Peach Jogger? I am in love with it and want it lol but it looks like it will be around £650 with the car seat and not sure we can afford that on top of everything else x

OMG i have been looking at nursery furniture, car seat, prams and all the other stuff you need....i think i'm gonna have to remortgage my house at this rate!!!!

Totally separate question:

Does anyone else feel like they are in a constant dream-like state?
I was just about to email my friend who i haven't seen for weeks and then had a total mind blank of what am i writing to her about and why and what can i say....couldn't think of anything to write!

Maybe it's because i haven't really been up to much and life has been taken over secretly by all things baby but i literally have nothing to say to her.

I am feeling like my brain isn't working and like i am a robot typing this as i speak.

Please tell me other people feel like this.

Example: a colleague asks your opinion on sthg because they know you always have an opinion on work stuff. Your mind goes blank and can't really think about what your opinion is because the thoughts you're having aren't really there or they are all jumbled up and you can't make sense of them.

Is this normal? Hormones? Baby brain? tiredness???

Help someone before i declare myself completely insane......

Morning All,

Just been for my booking in and my scan date is 25th November, I will be exactly 13 weeks!

I cannot wait until then, ringing to see if I can get a private scan sooner, cannot really afford it but cannot wait that long either.

My midwife was lovely, she was trying to convince me to have a home birth!?

Im cold and I feel really sick today, feels more real now ive seen the midwife.

Morning All,

Just been for my booking in and my scan date is 25th November, I will be exactly 13 weeks!

I cannot wait until then, ringing to see if I can get a private scan sooner, cannot really afford it but cannot wait that long either.

My midwife was lovely, she was trying to convince me to have a home birth!?

Im cold and I feel really sick today, feels more real now ive seen the midwife.

Awww Emma that's good news! Did she do any bloods or anthing or will you be having them at your scan?

I can definitely recommend doing the private scan.....it is expensive but i had been saving up for a new pair of boots so had the cash (will just have to wear last years boots now!!)

Do it do it do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS i am also cold today......am even wearing my thermals and have my heating on in the house (yep working from home again....if you can call it working!!) and i'm still freezing!

Been trying to be good today (after days and days of pigging out) so have had Shreddies, grapes and a fruit smoothie and i feel sick too!

I am convinced that me and fruit just don't go together.

Am also UBER-tired and still can't shift these headaches......

Same Here Abic... working from home (well not much)
very cold, wrapped in a blanket... and can't seem to shift that horrible hangover feeling!
My brain seems ok but then I do not really have to interact much with people at the mo!
Been looking at travel systems instead of doing invoicing! At this rate we won't be getting any money in the business!

Abi I am the same can't stop looking at everything I want/need for the baby and really not quite sure how we will afford it all lol After advice on here I think I am nearly decided on this baby monitor
https://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/btbabymonpacifiera-bt-baby-monitor-and-pacifier-whitepurple.html

And really want the icandy peach jogger!!!

I too am in a dream like state and am struggling with work at the moment. To be honest they are not being particularly helpful and keep sending me for an hours training here and there up in Rugby which is a 3hour drive each way for me!

Booked a Private Scan for 3:15 tomorrow, hubby cannot get time off so I have to go alone :(

But dead excited :)

https://www.meetyourbaby.com/ - £50 - On offer!!

Midwife took urine samples, blood samples, went through my notes, gave me loads and loads of info and a bounty pack. A dvd on vreast feeding, info on how to wear my seatbelt and loads of ther bits too.

I have declined any screening, I used to work with children with Downs and really couldnt terminate a baby because of that.

Im getting giddy now.

Totally separate question:

Does anyone else feel like they are in a constant dream-like state?
I was just about to email my friend who i haven't seen for weeks and then had a total mind blank of what am i writing to her about and why and what can i say....couldn't think of anything to write!

Maybe it's because i haven't really been up to much and life has been taken over secretly by all things baby but i literally have nothing to say to her.

I am feeling like my brain isn't working and like i am a robot typing this as i speak.

Please tell me other people feel like this.

Example: a colleague asks your opinion on sthg because they know you always have an opinion on work stuff. Your mind goes blank and can't really think about what your opinion is because the thoughts you're having aren't really there or they are all jumbled up and you can't make sense of them.

Is this normal? Hormones? Baby brain? tiredness???

Help someone before i declare myself completely insane......

Me my head is a complete mess! I didnt even kno what month it was yesterday!

How exciting Emma and what a good price! You got loads of extras at your booking in, I didn't get anything on breastfeeding :(

I have a question, when we get further into our pregnancy we see the midwife more like every few weeks I think for her to measure us and check our urine. Does anyone know if you have to do bloods at each of those appointment? I don't think I can stand it!!!!

Had my booking in yesterday, chuffed to have notes! I'm being taken off midwife care and going to consultant care. Something to do with me being on beta blockers for my heart and as I've had a colposcopy?! Going to speak to work today, I'm so so stressed out and tired that the thought of going in today had me bawling down the phone to OH. Feel pretty depressed....x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->