June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Gemini you need a rest hun. go see your Gp and tell them how you feel. I f
Have felt like that before early in my last pregnancy and you need to take some time out to look after you and bubba x

With the bounty packs, I don't think I ever asked for them to be sent to me. They just randomly delivered thm to me. Usually you get your pregnancy folder after your 12 week scan. That has a voucher in to get the mum to be pack at boots. Then you get the overnight pack when you go in in labour (I don't remember getting mine but I did!) Then you get your newborn one after baby is born, the lady comes tound and gives it to you on the ward. Then you get sent a voucher for the 4th one i think when baby is 6 months old. I think if you sign up on the website they can see if you haven't collected it at the right time st boots/if you weren't given one at hospital and they deliver one. I did get mine but they randomly delivered them anyway!

I am being really thick....i didn't sign up with bounty...it was Cow & Gate (ha what a mistake to make!!)
Anyway i have just signed up & am assuming they will just send me somehitng now?? No idea whats in these packs? Are they any good or will they just clutter the house & cause an arguement???

ha ha! At least you will get a free cow! Did you sign up with Aptamil as well, for the free polar bear?

The bounty packs are just packs with information in them and free samples and money off vouchers. Sometimes the stuff you get in them is good, sometimes not! You normally get some free washing powder and softer and a free little pot of sudocreme and a sample pampers nappy and stuff like that and lots of money off vouchers which can come in handy. It's not that exciting really! lol

Anyway you will get the voucher for the first one at your 12 week scan appointment usually, so don't worry. I was just putting the link to sign up for euro as she won't get a voucher for one as shes not nhs :)

Here are a few places to sign up for free stuff:

https://www.mumandbabyonline.co.uk/...cy&utm_campaign=Freebies - pregnancy freebies

https://www.heinzbaby.co.uk/baby-club/register.aspx

https://www.hipp.co.uk/join

https://www.bounty.com/

https://www.emmasdiary.co.uk/register.aspx

https://www.aptamil.co.uk/ab/pregna...paign=test_of_3_keywords_implemented_Nov_2010

Good morning ladies, (well it is here anyway!) I forgot how fast this thread moves, 5 new pages this morning!!
I'm sorry so many of us seem to be having trouble at work, how the hell can they do this? I know we have rights but it seems a lot of bullying goes on in the meantime. I'm at home stressing that I'm not at work, when I should be relaxing and healing. It's hard to enjoy your pregnancy when you are worried about work issues, and that's so unfair.
Emzy, wow- you had broken ribs too? I've had a cracked rib and that was bad enough, I can't imagine how painful that must have been. I really hope you have a much better time this time round :)
Urgh, as far as baby brain goes, on Halloween I walked into my apartment building, got to my apartment and wondered why the key wouldn't work in the door, then some strange guy opened the door.... I was in the identical apartment building next door trying to get into a strangers house. Eeeeek. I forget things constantly too and my brain is just BAAAAABIES all day long!
I've also had bouts of sleeplessness, I kinda put it down to worries about work, but yeah, I'm finding it harder to drift off these days.

MIL just been round and I have sent her to sainsburys to get me tomato soup and ham for ham sandwiches! She said she craved tomato soup when she was pregnant!! I'm not sure it's a craving, more just an addiction (a bit like my peanut butter and chocolate addiction!!)

I suffer from the chocolate/peanut butter addiction as well. There is nothing more wonderful than peanut butter cups! Mmmm... ham sandwiches and tomato soup sounds good too. I think I sense a new craving coming up!

What does everyone else do for a job?

Who is planning on going back to work? If so full or part time??

Also - how long is everyone planning on having off?

I'm hoping to have the full 12 months off but will depend on the money situation of course!!!

I'm a Facilities Manager working for a big Bank and I work 5 days a week and would like to go back 3 days a week!

I am a software developer, so I have a lot of flexibility and I have been working from home since I was pregnant with DS2.

At my job, I have short-term disability which will cover 8 weeks if you have a c-section (6 weeks for natural delivery). I have had two c-sections, so I'm expecting this will be my third. I typically extend my leave a little longer than that, but may not.

I have a nanny right now who takes care of the boys 4 days/week. I am still here most days, and I guess we'll figure out a good way of working together with all the kids early after delivery. Well, at that point, DS1 will be almost done with Kindergarten, so we'll have everyone home during the summer. I hope we don't scare her off with so many kids! :)

I have never worked part-time, but I'm not sure what the schedule will look like when our family grows. I'm trying to be realistic and I'm not sure if both twins will make it through the pregnancy, but I'm hopeful. And if I feel like I need to cut back my hours once the babies are here, DH and I will figure things out. I am trying not to worry too much about it for now.

MIL just been round and I have sent her to sainsburys to get me tomato soup and ham for ham sandwiches! She said she craved tomato soup when she was pregnant!! I'm not sure it's a craving, more just an addiction (a bit like my peanut butter and chocolate addiction!!)

I suffer from the chocolate/peanut butter addiction as well. There is nothing more wonderful than peanut butter cups! Mmmm... ham sandwiches and tomato soup sounds good too. I think I sense a new craving coming up!

OMG i LOVE peanut butter cups! The Reeses ones????? Quite hard to get over here (you can get them but you have to go searching!) but OH found them the other day in Sainsburys along with the peanutbutter smarties type things!

I LOVE chocolate/peanut butter cheesecake too......I am really excited about my trip to the States in 2 weeks time so i can go to my FAVOURITE place to eat....yup the cheesecake factory!!!!! I could live there if there was one over here (probably a good job there isn't one!!)..... i keep telling OH that i'm gonna open my own cheesecake factory in Leeds where i live but to be fair it takes me about 3 hours to make a good decent cheesecake so probably not the best business model in the world!

Mmmm I love peanut butter too lol I have gone off so many things now and just want bad things!!!

I was a teacher for four years before my hubby became an officer in the Air Force. we moved from Fl to Co and live on base. The Air Force is the reason I am pregnant with this baby. I am so grateful they paid for my fertility testing and my femara and HCG shot.
I don't have to work (even though I miss it) thanks to the Air Force paying for our house and utilities.
If I go back to work, it will be after Dec of next year when we move to another base somewhere in the country/world. Hubby gets a raise next month and another next september so I can stay home. We will see how that goes.

Mmmm I love peanut butter too lol I have gone off so many things now and just want bad things!!!

Me too!!!!!

Hey GemGem i just reread an email exchange we had and forgot that we're the same age (only 3 days separating us!).....

I always thought in my head i'll have my first at 34 and my second at 36......hhhmmmmm is it written in the stars?????

I forgot too!! What dates your b/day? I would like to have 2 so looks like we'll both be popping another out quite quickly lol

how many kids would all you ladies like ideally? :) i think me and oh would like a big family maybe 4-5 children i come from a big family 4 brothers and loved it :)

how many kids would all you ladies like ideally? :) i think me and oh would like a big family maybe 4-5 children i come from a big family 4 brothers and loved it :)

We would ideally like 3 but it will all depend on finances to be honest, I think 1 might cost enough lol

Yeah i think its going really slow too......it does feel like 9-10 weeks and 10-11 weeks was faster though (although i'm not at 11 yet til tomorrow!)

I originally said i either would like 0 kids or 5 kids. But i was like 22 when i thought that.....i think a lot depends on how i cope, how much money we have and how my biological clock gets on!

I am feeling slightly panicked as i have a meeting tomorrow morning with some really senior stakeholders and i haven't prepared properly which means i'll cock it up (fail to prepare and all that!) and now i am going out for a bike ride and have chores to do and it's my own fault for being on the flammin internet all day.......oooops!

Dh would like two, I would like three. I think if we have two boys then I will insist we adopt a girl. I will be happy if one of the two kids we plan to have is a girl, if not, I must have one.

I was an only child and I always wanted siblings (it finally happened at 26 when my mom remarried and I gained a 33 year old stepbrother). DH had two sisters growing up. We will see what happens.

Lily it wasn't me with the broken ribs! Thankfully!

Abic yes you can get reeces peanut butter cups in Sainsbury's! My mum hunted them down, she loves them (she's canadian and used to have them there!) I had peanut butter and jam sandwich for lunch today! And it stayed down! Yay for peanut butter!

I forgot to say, last pregnancy I had terrible insomnia in the first tri, but I haven't had it this time *touch wood*

lol at gemgem and abic popping babies out quickly! I always wanted a small age gap, 2 years was ideal and will have 22 months between mine :) I always wanted a big family, 3-4 kids, but now I think we will stop at 2. For the time being anyways :)

Emma I think time is going fast. MUCH faster than last time. The first tri last time took an age, but this one has flown by. I can't believe I've only got 2 weeks of 1st tri left!

OMG i LOVE peanut butter cups! The Reeses ones????? Quite hard to get over here (you can get them but you have to go searching!) but OH found them the other day in Sainsburys along with the peanutbutter smarties type things!

I LOVE chocolate/peanut butter cheesecake too......I am really excited about my trip to the States in 2 weeks time so i can go to my FAVOURITE place to eat....yup the cheesecake factory!!!!! I could live there if there was one over here (probably a good job there isn't one!!)..... i keep telling OH that i'm gonna open my own cheesecake factory in Leeds where i live but to be fair it takes me about 3 hours to make a good decent cheesecake so probably not the best business model in the world!

Yes, Reese's! Although, my BIL found some, the Kirkland brand at Costco, and they're wonderful. And I have gotten a chocolate/peanut butter milk shake twice now since the BFP. Like liquid candy... Yum!

I haven't tried the cheesecake. We have a Cheesecake Factory about 20 mins. drive away. DH has been sweet to indulge my cravings so far with restaurants, especially on the weekends when our schedule is more relaxed. The thing I started craving the last couple of days was chicken and dumplings. Now, I know I can get some back home, but I just have to figure out who makes it around here! :)

Where are you going in the US?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->