June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Thanks guys. Well done on the job! What a relief for you!
I'm Going to FB announce after scan next Monday. Decided to set my status to
me = OVbunEN
LOL see who catches on quickest! X

That's a great idea :) I have my scan tomorrow and I haven't decided if I will announce it on FB....

I can't wait to just call my Dad and tell him he's going to be a Grandad for the first time! :) xx

anyone who wants to add me is welcome to just say who you are so i dont get confused lol..

https://facebook.com/purekate

we wont say anything on fb till we are 12 weeks tho most of our families know anyway :dohh:

just added you emzy :D

Congrats on the job JellyTots. That's great news that it went so well.

We're not going to announce on fb as I know how much it upset me everytime someone else did it - the jealousy was too much to bear (but maybe that's just me). Also have some friends that have had miscarriages and/or have been long term TTC, so don't want to rub it in! My cousin announced her pregnancy on fb last week and I was really happy for her, but I only know some of my friends' circumstances- there could be more people desperate for a baby like I was!

xx

We're not going to announce on fb as I know how much it upset me everytime someone else did it - the jealousy was too much to bear (but maybe that's just me). Also have some friends that have had miscarriages and/or have been long term TTC, so don't want to rub it in! My cousin announced her pregnancy on fb last week and I was really happy for her, but I only know some of my friends' circumstances- there could be more people desperate for a baby like I was!

xx

This is how I feel. I have a lot of friends desperate for babies, I know they'll be really happy for me though.
Also have a few step cousins on FB that I don't want to tell lol x

xx

This is how I feel. I have a lot of friends desperate for babies, I know they'll be really happy for me though.

i have some friends who have also been trying for as long or longer than i have but i have spoken to a few of them already and they really dont mind me doing it, as they understand how hard it has been for us too. luckily a couple have just had fabulous news themselves and announced it recently which was a lovely surprise.

Just seen that damn john Lewis ad again and cried again!!

I know what you mean about friends that have mc and desperate for babies. But fb is the way I stay in touch with my friends, as I moved half way across the country so I will be announcing it on there. I share all of my photos of holly as well as its a great way for people that can't see us often to see her grow up. I understand if people don't want to see it if they are upset by it but there are many more of my friends and family who love to see it, so they can always unsubscribe from my updates. That's what I would do if someones updates were upsetting to me x

xx

i have some friends who have also been trying for as long or longer than i have but i have spoken to a few of them already and they really dont mind me doing it, as they understand how hard it has been for us too. luckily a couple have just had fabulous news themselves and announced it recently which was a lovely surprise.

I think we'll just send messages to the people that we really want to know. As some of my 'friends' on fb aren't people that I'm bothered about knowing this early on. Maybe after 20 weeks I'll feel differently. Who knows. xx

I don't mean for that to sound harsh by the way, just read it back and it does a bit! I just meant that my southern friends would be upset if I didn't post updates and they couldn't share it with me x

you could spend all your life trying not to upset others but i think they might be more upset they didnt know you were preg if you know them well enough and i assume they will see you at some point with the baby so they will know anyway so i suppose it would be abit less of a shock to hear about it then see the baby etc i dunno but i do think its very thoughtful as i know my self i was upset sometimes seeing pregnancy updates but i know that was my own problem not theres and they had every right to talk about it, i just hid the updates

We aren't making fb update by only because we rarely talk to ohs family and they will then try and be nice to us when they noslly font bother . The ones I want to know , know now as I trust them and if I was ever to get low blood sugars they can help me. Xx

I agree with all of the previous comments - luckily for me I see my friends on a regular basis and we all live close so I can tell them face to face :)

also knowing me I will put it all over FB when I come out of the scan tomorrow because I'm just too excited hahaha!
xx

Thank you all so much. I am just sad. And I really wish the best for all of you. I am really thankful to see all the hugs I can use them.

I'm so sorry 9babies, take care x :hugs:

Sorry to leave you all but I lost my baby. Good luck and healthy and happy 9 months to you all.

So sorry to hear that. :( xx

So sorry 9babies! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

And then something like that happens and it makes you see that it really isn't that bad.

I'm so so sorry for your loss. Please KIT and best of luck for the future xxx

I have rung antenatal today to tell them I was bought forward a week, so instead of my NT scan being 24 Nov it is now...

Tomorrow! at 9.40! yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for an earlier scan! I hope it goes wonderfully!

So i just rang my hospital scanning department to query this and was told that because they are so busy right now that my name is in 'the system' and that it will probably be nearer 13 weeks or 13 & 1/2 weeks before im seen. I have to ring back on friday if i still have not received my card through about the date grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I dont think i can possibly wait another 2 weeks to see my bubba. Plus i wanted to go public after my 12 week scan now that has to wait another week. Not a good start to my monday morning :(

Sorry about the delay in your scanning, TrAyBaby. That is very frustrating. Hopefully the rest of your Monday is going better.

Sorry for the rant. Just dont have anyone else that can understand even the tiniest part of what its like! xxx

Gemini, It sounds like the pregnancy is a nightmare for you at this point. I don't have half the stuff to complain about, but there are times when I feel like I'm not going to be able to make it through the rest of the pregnancy. I don't feel good, ever. I have done this before, twice, so I know how things progress as time goes by, and I hope the 2nd tri. is better, as it has been in the past. But it really seems like a long process looking forward. I guess the only things I can say are 1) you should be feeling better during the 2nd tri. and that will probably have a big effect on other things, and 2) pregnancy is a short-term condition and once your baby is here, you'll forget about how horrible it was for you. I know it seems impossible, but somehow we forget everything bad that happened and only focus on the beautiful baby in our arms. Just focus on today and getting through it the best you can.

Sorry to leave you all but I lost my baby. Good luck and healthy and happy 9 months to you all.

I'm so sorry, 9babies. :hugs:

im so sorry 9babies :cry:

Gemini so sorry your having a tough time as the other girls say feel free to have a moan on here we are here to listen to you and help if we can.
I am so sorry for your loss 9 babies.:hugs:

9babies I am so sorry for your loss, I know there's nothing I can say to make you feel better so lots and lots of :hugs:

Laura sorry your feeling so rubbish today, I completely agree with what the others have said and don't think your work are being at all supportive. I would be on the phone to HR for sure about being sent home unpaid for heaving. If they don't like it fine but if it's their choice to send you home you should be on full pay. Aand you will be a FAB mum! xx

Sorry for your loss 9bsbies. X
I've just had a nap and feel better xx

9babies...so so sorry about your loss. Take care and good luck with whatever the future holds.
:hugs:

So sorry, 9babies. There's not much we can say, but just know we're thinking about you!

Laura, how your body handles pregnancy is no reflection on your parenting abilities! And your bosses need to treat you better. For real.

hi everyone,

sorry i have been awol since thursday night, i went to bed after last posted on here, but was an awful night, the next morning i had to get up early and drive to cosford which was ever so fun. all i could manage was a few fruit pastilles and a sip of water every couple of miles.
when got to hubster he then drove to watford so i could relax, still didnt feel too hot but a lot better than the previous day. had an early night too which helped. had a good weekend overall with hubsters family, told all of the cousins etc so they were all over the moon, managed to eat quite well too saturday and sunday and got my bounty pack from boots :)

today i went for my interview, my hands were shaking when i went to the guard room to get a car pass. strange as i thought i was quite calm about it all with having such good feedback about my application. it was quite informal and they didnt really ask any interview type questions you would expect, they then took me to meet the team and i spoke to them for 5 mins while they discussed, called me back in and told me ive got the job :D i start on the 9th jan. so over xmas i finally get to move in properly to my new house :) had an interesting drive back, god i hate the m1 and m6, why do they all drive like twats. got home to find that my car is now making loads of noises so think my fan belt is on the way out :/ so put a bit of a downer on the day. oh well im sure all will work out.

anyways i hope guys all had a good weekend and good start to the week.

hope everyone is feeling better who was ill

laura i cant believe your boss, i would make a complaint to the hr dept as they shouldnt be speaking to and treating you like that.

9babies im soo sorry to hear your sad news, thoughts with you all and massive hugs.

lovely scan pics from all those lovely ladies who have had them over the last few days.

as for dopplers i have decided not to get one anymore as i would just freak myself out with imaginary things.

sorry if i have missed anyone out, after 20 odd pages to catch up on i seem to have forgotten it all lol, im blaming baby brain.

9 Babies, i am so sorry for another loss for you. xxxx

Gemini, your boss is a prick thats unanimous!

Christmas shopping, whens Christmas again? :winkwink: Not even started yet!

Pink, Tayas birthday is 3rd December as well! She never asks for anything so is very difficult to buy for! We are off to ToysRus on Saturday so we can get some ideas for her birthday and for Father Christmas!

xxx

I agree with all of the previous comments - luckily for me I see my friends on a regular basis and we all live close so I can tell them face to face :)

also knowing me I will put it all over FB when I come out of the scan tomorrow because I'm just too excited hahaha!
xx

Oh and TrAyBaby, are you having waiting for an NT scan appointment? The scan must be performed before 13+6 at the latest so dont let them mess you about.

Can you get your other half to ring for you? I find they are less polite than us and good at getting the result we need.

Good luck for your private scan, its gonna be great!

xxx

aaaaah thanks for the advice, i didnt know there was a cut off date for the NT scan. I have a midwife appointment on wednesday so i'll be bugging her to see if she can speed it up. However im so excited for my private scan on saturday, i can't wait to go public eeeeeeeek

Jelly congrats on the job

and 9babies have another :hugs: from me, im so sorry for your loss x

9babies, I'm so very sorry. All the very very best in the future. Sending hugs :hugs:

Well, I had a kinda crappy weekend as I was called by the HR department on fri afternoon and told that because my doctor recommended that I avoid prolonged walking, that I may be put on medical leave (unpaid) until my doctor says I'm fit to go back, IF he does. I was really pissed off, but now I'm ok. I've done nothing wrong and can either try and get a temp office based job for a couple of months, or focus on my crafts. It still sucks that we are treated this way, I'm sorry so many of you are having shitty times at work. Humph.

ANYWAY, tomorrow is my 12 week scan (tho it's a couple of days early) so we've called the last few close friends today and told them then we will announce on FB to everyone else! I think we are going to do it with a photo of us with the scan pic! I can't wait!

Also, has anyone else had quite a noticeable bump appear over night? I've gone huge! Hubby loves it and keeps talking to my belly! When I went into work today to have a meeting with them I decided not to wear the baggy tops I've been wearing for the last few weeks and wore a fitted maternity dress, within minutes I had half the office around me congratulating me, THATS how much of a bump has suddenly appeared! This is my first- is that normal???!!

Anyway, can't wait for my scan tomorrow, congrats to those moving up a fruit tomorrow! I can't believe those of us moving to 12 weeks soon have FINALLY, after all the worry and questions, made it! I'm so grateful! :D

Lily- sucks about your job, but a temp job is a great idea! I've done that before in a pinch, and it works quite well. even pays decently usually. I'm starting to get just a bit of a noticeable bump...I expect it to really show quite soon. Since I've lost the weight it's a bit harder to tell, but I noticed today it's starting to bump out....very exciting! I've decided to do the NT scan - will call tomorrow to schedule. We'll announce to his family on Thanksgiving when they are all over for dinner (33 people at my house, and I'm supposed to be cooking...can't even look at food! Someone help!!) which will be fun. Probably spend a few weeks calling all the close friends after that...make sure we don't forget anyone! Then I'll probably just do a subtle FB comment and go from there. Funny how FB has changed our lives so much, eh? Five years ago one didn't have stress of when/how to announce on FB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->