June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

..... sorry having a moan.... heartburn and nausea and I am so behind everyone.... I am due 28th of June... so quite a few weeks behind most of you....
on a positive note I can book my 2nd scan tomorrow :) prob will be around the 14th of December :)

i think when my scan date finally comes through i think it will be dec 14th as they do there scans on wednesdays in my local hospital,

how close is everyone to there hospital that they will give birth in?

..... sorry having a moan.... heartburn and nausea and I am so behind everyone.... I am due 28th of June... so quite a few weeks behind most of you....
on a positive note I can book my 2nd scan tomorrow :) prob will be around the 14th of December :)

hope you feel better soon :flower: i know what you mean about feeling so behind haha :haha:

those are all good signs tho i know it doesnt help to hear that :hugs:

I am literally down the road from our hospital, I work there aswell so quite lucky for appointments ect!
Euronova, hopefully it will go quick for you I feel really behind aswell and feel like the only one who hasn't had a scan!x

aww thanks ladies... i nearly wanted to join the July thread to show off :haha:

so far not actually vomitted but I have been SO close... I think it's only a matter of days... I just hope it doesn't last until week 12 or more...

Just realised ALL the food I fancy is on the list of food to avoid when you have heartburn..... Oh well.....

I get heartburn the SECOND I lay down in bed. It's a major pregnancy thing for me, never once had it before being pregnant! So it's kinda bittersweet! Lol does get bloody irritating however! Xxx

the only maternity and in the whole county luckily is only 10 min walk from me.. but if me and oh lived where we both grew up it would be a 2 hour drive.. its crazy they only have one hospital for maternity in this area and some have to travel as far as 3 hours or more depending on traffic :dohh:

Thanks girls for your kind words. I am hoping that I last to stay with you all with my little fighter!

I am also down the road from my hospital. Is good for visits as I don't have to leave the house early to get there. 10 minutes walking, so about 3 mins in the car!

----
Is anyone like me and cannot seem to stomach anything? I mean, I don't have nausea or anything anymore but NOTHING is appealing. I have to force myself to eat and even then cannot manage much. Tell me I am not the only one!? xx

im similar mei not much i wanna eat and when i DO finally find something i just cant eat much. oh is pulling his hair out in frustration as he says its so hard to get me to eat and he hates when i dont eat much

hoping you stay too im sure your bubba is strong as they were as you said waving at your and active

Yep Mei.... same here.... i don't fancy anything... but then I do have nausea and heartburn with whatever I manage to eat.... :(
I fancy weird things too... like corn and chicken mcnuggets

Also, has anyone else had quite a noticeable bump appear over night? I've gone huge! Hubby loves it and keeps talking to my belly! When I went into work today to have a meeting with them I decided not to wear the baggy tops I've been wearing for the last few weeks and wore a fitted maternity dress, within minutes I had half the office around me congratulating me, THATS how much of a bump has suddenly appeared! This is my first- is that normal???!!

I think it totally depends on the person. I have one friend here on BnB who was barely showing until 25 weeks or so, and this was her 2nd baby! I remember telling my co-workers when I was about 19 weeks pregnant with DS1, and it wasn't completely noticeable, I just looked like I had a spare tire. :) But now, after two kids, my bump was noticeable at around 7-8 weeks. Not huge, but definitely there.

We'll announce to his family on Thanksgiving when they are all over for dinner (33 people at my house, and I'm supposed to be cooking...can't even look at food! Someone help!!) which will be fun.

You could order food and then transfer it to your dishes so they don't know they're not getting homemade! :)

i seem to have popped overnight too! and i weighed myself this morning and im back to the same weight i was pre pregnancy! was hoping it was bloating, but ive also had the runs! never going to fit in my xmas party dresses now! lol x

Ugh, sorry about the runs. I was bad this week, but I'm a little less liquid this week. I have been drinking Gatorade and eating the BRAT diet and clear soup. I have strayed a little from that, but not much.

The sonographer was a bit doom and gloom this time I feel. She basically told me it still could go either way! Not sure I feel so happy and upbeat about everything anymore after today.
Baby is measuring well and was even waving at us on the screen, stretching and had a strong heartbeat. However my bleed is still there outside of the sac, as it has been since 6 weeks. Which is a bit dissapointing to be honest. I had hoped being I had stopped bleeding that it would have at least been reabsorbed a bit. So she talked me through the fact that I would probably still have some bleeding with clots, but I have to ignore it... Also she talked me through if I have a miscarriage and then she said she has seen a few people that have had a bleed and go on to be okay. So all in all she gave me a little insight into every possible outcome and sent me off without a clue what direction I am going to go. She also said being she didn't scan me before (the other lady who works there did) she cannot tell if my bleed has increased in size or not. And of course I cannot really tell by just looking at the screen!

Mei, sorry you didn't get better news this time around. I know someone who had some early spotting, and they told her to basically be on bedrest for a few weeks to get past the period of time where things might go badly. Her bleed did get smaller and eventually went away. I think it's a great sign that your bean is moving and measuring on track, but it's no fun to hear that things could go either way. Please take it easy and hopefully that will be enough for the bleed to heal and you can have an uneventful remainder of the pregnancy. My friend didn't have to be on bedrest for the entire pregnancy, just for a week or so to give her body a chance to heal. And the rest of the pregnancy has been good for her.

So, I am probably missing more discussions, but let's see. Our hospital is about a 20-minute drive from the house, well, it's much closer to the new house we're building, but I don't know when we'll be moving there. Probably as soon as they tell me to go on bedrest. :haha:

broodybelle it's so hard when you have to think about going back to work. That's why I do the job I do, so I don't have to pay someone else to bring Holly up! I am an Admin Officer and work 20 hours a week,m 6pm-10pm in Manchester. DH gets the train home and we meet at the train station so he can take Holly home. That way she is always with one of us and we don't have to pay any childcare. It's tough, as I DH and I don't really see each other during the week, apart from the Holly handover at the station as I don't get in til gone 11.15 at night and he's more often than not in bed before then. He then gets up early for work and is gone before I'm up. BUT it means I get to be with Holly all day and we don't pay any childcare, as it's extortionate!! It almost would't be worth me working if I worked during the day and I had to pay nursery/childminder fees and it definitely won't be worth it with 2. But my evening contract ends in March and it's not likely that I'll find a job with those hours again on the kind of money that I am on, so I'm just not planning on going back to work til my kids are a bit older x

DH pays our rent and bills etc. so my salary is an added bonus in some ways but it is also our only chance of ever saving enough to buy a decent sized house (we live in Wilmslow, Cheshire) any time in the next hundred years!! So whilst we could enjoy a good standard of living without me working, we wouldn't be making any progress towards that house. If the school says no to a job share (which is unlikely to happen) then I'll have to review my situation and decide whether it's worth working. Definitely no intention of going back full time!
None of our family live nearby unfortunately. My mum and dad have my two nephews whenever my brother and his wife need them to. Which is quite often 3 days a week. So they benefit massively from the free childcare! Oh well.

xx

Oh yes! I forgot to say, congratulations to DT and Harri on their scans! :happydance:

broodybelle - I live close to you! Nantwich - it's about 15-20 mins away.

Thanks Littlebird :) x

----
Is anyone like me and cannot seem to stomach anything? I mean, I don't have nausea or anything anymore but NOTHING is appealing. I have to force myself to eat and even then cannot manage much. Tell me I am not the only one!? xx

I have been the same with food. Off so many things that DH has been worried. Mainly survived on crisps, pizza and pasta. The last couple of days though I seem to have my appetite back. Actually feeling hungry and eating larger portions.

Can't say that I fancy that many different foods but at least I'm eating more. Lost 7lbs over last couple of months. All those carrot sticks and celery that I ate pre-pregnancy for months on end and didn't drop a pound and then without even trying or being bothered I lost 7 of them! Came all too late for the bridesmaid dress in July and the bikini in August though...:haha:

There are clearly a few of us in the north-west then, as Emzy is Manchester going on her previous post. Maybe a meet up is on the cards at some point.

Can someone PLEASE give me a cyber smack in the head. Just clicked on the second trimester losses page....my god. What an IDIOT!

To compensate, I have started a hope and happy ending thread in first tri. Please go and leave your bad experience turned happy, would be nice to read others experiences! X

Can someone PLEASE give me a cyber smack in the head. Just clicked on the second trimester losses page....my god. What an IDIOT!

To compensate, I have started a hope and happy ending thread in first tri. Please go and leave your bad experience turned happy, would be nice to read others experiences! X

Im bricking it and becoming completely paranoid about having a MMC and have been reading the losses thread too. I definately deserve a slap. :blush: :dohh:

Saw your new thread. Nice one. Its will be lovely to read everyones stories and thoughts. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->