June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Hi girls, congrats on the scans, HB etc :)
Quick question, anyone thinking of hiring a birth Doula?

Euro, I'm thinking about it.

To those with early signs of SPD, my yoga instructor has talked about the importance of strengthening the muscles around the hips and flexors to make up for the ligament stretching. Doing warrior poses, squats, leaning against a wall and moving your leg in a circle to the side or doing leg lifts can all help. That's what lets you walk straight instead of waddling later on. I would strongly recommend an active prenatal yoga class to anyone who can find one in their community. Or prenatal aqua classes for those who are hurting a lot.

Good luck! Tray - my hips are super painful at night too. The yoga is helping a little, but not a lot!

Abic- I wouldnt worry as that sounds exactly like babys heartbeat you would be able to tell the difference between the other sounds and the heartbeat.

Pink23- Yes keep and eye on your wee sticks and if worried call the midwife.

Lilbynon- Congratulations on Team Pink. And you may have 2 super models on your hands there with their long legs.

Euro, I'm thinking about it.

To those with early signs of SPD, my yoga instructor has talked about the importance of strengthening the muscles around the hips and flexors to make up for the ligament stretching. Doing warrior poses, squats, leaning against a wall and moving your leg in a circle to the side or doing leg lifts can all help. That's what lets you walk straight instead of waddling later on. I would strongly recommend an active prenatal yoga class to anyone who can find one in their community. Or prenatal aqua classes for those who are hurting a lot.

Good luck! Tray - my hips are super painful at night too. The yoga is helping a little, but not a lot!

A lot of my friends on the forum who have had babies already recommended a Doula. I am particularly interested as I am very worried about the pain of giving birth and I have little trust in the medical system here. I am French and both my parents are doctors... Things are done completely opposite way over there and it's difficult to trust one way when you keep hearing the other way is best.
Anyway I found a French one, I am not quite sure how/if a doula would work for me but I felt reassured just getting her email back (she knows my hospital team for a start and how things work there). It will also depends how much it is!

As for SPD etc, I was worried after my pains last week to do anything opening up my legs. But we did loads of leg lifts and circles at the yoga and it seems it has not made it worse. Actually it will prob help in time!

another sleepless night, ended up on the sofa. Im so tired right now, thankfully i have a day off work today. But this afternoon i have to drive 35 miles to my parents house as my mum is getting rid of some furniture that i could use so going to pick it up.

Need to muster up the energy to have a shower but bubba is kicking up a storm right now that im enjoying it too much i dont want to move. hmmmmm maybe it was the peanut m&m's that i had for breakfast that has made her so wriggly. sorry for the sugar rush little girl :blush:

oh and to those that voted for our picture my sister and i thank you xx

Just read at 20 weeks your uterus is supposed to be up to your belly button, mine seems lower by quite a bit. How about u girls? Is that a prob???

You can sort of feel the top of it. Not sure how to explain!

Well the 'hard' bit of my tummy is under my belly button and then above my belly bottom it sticks out a bit but think that's more where everything is being pushed up???

Yep, but i think the limit between hard and guts is lower for me still... not sure...

Having a crap day... anxious about everything and nothing... been an emotional mess... not had many days like this so far but it's been horrible!!

Evening Girls,
Congrats on the scans and Traybaby you definitely have a couple of models on your hands lol
Euronova I hope your okay I so know how your feeling my work is awful at the moment and I just can't wait to get on mat leave!
Scan tomorrow and I just let myself get excited!! Can't believe it's finally here xxx

Yay for your scan Gem!
Time is flying bu, i cannot believe im 23 weeks today!! yay!

Awwww hun try not to worry (I know so much easier said than done!)
I was exactly the same yesterday & it was only the Doppler that helped me get thru it!!
Do u have a Doppler? Apparently u can use a stethoscope now too but with anterior placenta (think u said u had one too?) it may be more difficult?
I just wanted to talk to a medical professional too yesterday...can u not ask you mum or dad?
Hope u feel better soon & that tomorrow is a better day?xxx

Thanks girls, i am ok, I am just a bit of a hormonal wreck today, just anything got me worried, even like work things or the weather... just had one of those days where every little thing seems completely overwhelming!

Hopefully i will wake up tomorrow to that very elusive glowing energetic pregnant woman we are all supposed to be in second try :)

My uterus is high, about an inch to inch and a half above my belly button. Babys bum was right under my belly button at the scan yesterday.

Hope the scan goes well GemGem - cant wait for an update!! Xxx

What time is your appointment? :happydance:

I start Aquanatal today - I can't wait! X

Ooh good luck with the scan gemgem!! What time is it at?

My uterus is pretty high, couple of inches above my belly button. I couldn't even feel it at this stage with Holly, too much fat in the way ha ha!

Do you get extra snot when you are pregnant?! As I've got this cold and I've had it for over a week. Holly has had it and it's gone but I'm still sooo snotty it's unreal!! How much snot can one person produce!?

My uterus is pretty high to I would say a couple of inches above my bellybutton.

Gemgem- Yay for scan day. Hope all goes well and cant wait for an update.

emma- Happy 23weeks for yesterday.

Emzy- I had cold last month and had snot for a good couple of weeks after my cold had gone I just couldnt get rid of the snot :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->