June bugs 2012! 6x Boys 12x Girls 8x Team Yellow :)

Hi girls.....right i have a nursery dilemma that i need your help with!!

I decided that the walls of the nursery would be a mocha colour and i have chosen 'mellow mocha' by dulux (pic below)

I then decided that with the oak furniture (cotbed, wardrobe and changing unit thing) i would keep the cot bumper plain white (I have bought a white waffle one) and then have curtains and a 'quilt' in matching fabric. Basically my mum is retired now and has decided to take up quilting, with a baby quilt being her first project. As baby won't need a quilt for some time, we;ve decided it's going to be more like a crawl-mat type thing and will also double up as a 'throw' for my nursing chair (it's gonna be pretty big so will come in handy as a wrap during the midnight feeds etc). Anyway i thought i'd keep everything plain except for the curtains and quilt.

So....so far we have mocha walls, oak furniture and curtains and a quilt-throw thing. I then had to choose the fabric for my quilt and found a gorgeous one which is quite neutral (pic below)....it's a taupe colour with pastel spots in lilac, grey and yellow. I really like it and love that it's pretty plain BUT then i came across this from John Lewis and fell in love with it....it's called Magic Trees and is blue, pink and brown trees! It's just gorgeous BUT what if my girl turns out to be a boy???

My dilemma continues as i then found out that the spotty fabric is called 'Tilly' which is the name we've chosen for our little girl! AAAGGGGHHHHHH so is it fate or a sign???

Igot samples of both materials and put them up on the wall in the nursery and the Tilly (spotty) one looks really drab and makes the room look pretty dark! I then thought could i get away with it if i leave the walls white but don't think i want white walls!

Plus with the trees I thought I could get a wall decal/sticker of a tree to tie in with the curtains???

decisions decisions!!!

The only other thing i'm having on the walls is her name spelled out in painted wooden letters (probably in all the same colours of a pink to match the shade in the fabric) AND possibly a dadorail bookshelf......a friend of mine had one and is really handy for storing toys, books, boxes of crayons etc etc

The room is pretty small and light is limited in there too!

The dado bookrail and the curtain poles I think will be in white!

Soz for long boring post about nursery but i am crap with this arty farty stuff and need help!

Oh and gonna get a WASHABLE cream carpet too as currently a laminate floor!

JUst realised the photos don't do the fabric justice BUT the magic trees can be found on this link...

https://www.johnlewis.com/114068/Product.aspx

and Tilly below

https://www.curtains-fabrics.co.uk/catalogue/Fabrics/large_LORIENTDECOR_TILLYOILCLOTH_PASTEL.jpg

I know it says oil cloth but it would be in the cotton of course!!!

Thanks ladies! aagghhhhh so stressful!!!!!

Attachments

• mellow_mocha.jpg
    mellow_mocha.jpg
    849 bytes · Views: 45
  • IMG_1348.jpg
    IMG_1348.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1349.jpg
    IMG_1349.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1
Love the snow pics Emzy! We have had lots overnight, so Grace is currently outside building a snowman with Daddy! I feel like poo today, feel like I am coming down with a bug :(
Abi - Love all the materials you have chosen! I wouldn't be able to choose, but just go with what you like the best don't worry about it having pink in and it maybe not being a girl - we went with pink overload with Grace!!

Yay it's my V day! Yippee! I can't believe how fast this is going!

Abi love the nursery stuff!!

Came across this on babycentre and thought it was good :)

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/newborn/tips-for-newborn-care/?scid=gb_en_mbtw_pregnancy_preg24

I LOVE LOVE LOVE both Abi!!!

Happy V Day Emzy!!!! :happydance: 3 days until mine, so excited to reach such a milestone x

My 24 week V Day bump!

417992_10151264460580473_743965472_22867309_320800857_n.jpg

Awesome bump Emzy!!!

OMG I have just been reading Jools Oliver book about pregnancy and it's now scaring the shit out of me!!!!! I think i need to stop reading so much and just look forward to it all and deal with it whenever and whatever happens!!

OMG i am having so many thougts about these 2 materials and i think my gut instinct is the spotty coz its called TIlly! i just feel that there must be a sign there or something! The trees are lush and so so pretty but i think i am gonna go with the spots! (will change my mind later!)

Tried out my new maternity swimming cozzie this morning.....at last my boobs look GOOD in a swimming costume and my bump looks like preggo bump not just a fat person squeezing side -boobs and flabby belly into a normal speedo cozzie! haha!!

am sat indoors whilst its gorgeous and sunny and like a winter wonderland outside but can't be ringed to go out! far too comfy in lounge with heating on and laptop in hand searching for all things baby!!!

So jealous of everyones bumps! Happy V day Emzy!
This is a really strange question, but I keep feeling numb "down below" like all the way at the front and underneath, does anyone know what this could be?!x

Great bump Emzy!! :thumbup:

Abi - I'm a polka dot fanatic so I think it will look AMAZING! Think I'll steer clear of that Jools Oliver book!!! X

I'm so jealous of all your bumps! Mine is still a flabby B shape at the moment, that's why I'm not posting it :blush: Maybe I'll take a photo for my V day when it comes.

Cute bump pics, ladies!

And I love the snow pics too. We are supposed to be getting sleet tonight, maybe. Nothing as nice as the snow you have!

I finally announced my pregnancy on Facebook last night, whew!

Little bird, what part of VA are you in? We are getting a bit of slushy rain here in Fairfax...no snow though :( Your twins seem to be a good size!

Congrats on team blue...a few more now.

I'm exhausted....second night up past midnight!

We're in Springfield but we'll be moving to Fairfax in a couple of months. As soon as the house is done! Holy moly, I didn't realize we were so close!

Abi, I like both fabrics, you can't go wrong either way. Are you going to do a 3d scan to confirm gender?

Babyd, I don't know what could cause numbness... Is it the lower part of your bump or your private parts?

Cute bump pics, ladies!

And I love the snow pics too. We are supposed to be getting sleet tonight, maybe. Nothing as nice as the snow you have!

I finally announced my pregnancy on Facebook last night, whew!

Little bird, what part of VA are you in? We are getting a bit of slushy rain here in Fairfax...no snow though :( Your twins seem to be a good size!

Congrats on team blue...a few more now.

I'm exhausted....second night up past midnight!

We're in Springfield but we'll be moving to Fairfax in a couple of months. As soon as the house is done! Holy moly, I didn't realize we were so close!

Abi, I like both fabrics, you can't go wrong either way. Are you going to do a 3d scan to confirm gender?

Babyd, I don't know what could cause numbness... Is it the lower part of your bump or your private parts?

It's more my private parts, like the whole area? It's a really weird feeling, had it quite alot this week x

i have noticed some numbness too babyd but its kind of comes and goes, :hugs:

my baby girl will nto stop moving around :) it seems to be all or nothing with the moving :) i think she must of got so strong in the last 2 weeks :happydance:

Hey babyd...soz Hun I really dunno what the numbness could be? Only thing I could think is maybe if it's the baby laying on a nerve or something? Bit like when u fall asleep on ur arm WMD it goes dead?? Call the midwife tomorrow for reassurance if it's really worrying you tho chick x

Louise....be proud of your bump Hun no matter how big or small!

Arm.....I have just eaten more food than I thought possible to make me actually unable to move for about half an hour! MIL Sunday dinner followed by crumble nd custard and I thought I was gonna need medical intervention to get me off the sofa!

My mind has been definitely made up 3 times now just today on spots versus trees! Anyway I think I have decided again (ha for now!) on the trees! Mum is doing a quilt so think I'm gonna let her do the quilt in spots.....it's gonna be a crawl mat for bubs for when we're out and about and I decided if it stays in the nursery on my nursing chair then it will clash a bit but then I realised that it's gonna be impossible to get everything matching and that I'm becoming really anal about all this!
So gonna just have curtains and then mum is gonna make me a cot bumper in the trees too!

Phew!

Too tired....need to go to bed !!!,

Anyone else REALLY horny? Seriously, even the bananas in my kitchen are looking tempting :blush:

Thanks redrose and abi, I thought it probably is the baby laying on a nerve or something but never had it before so it's kind of freaky!!
Hahaha Louise I just cracked up laughing!! I went through a really horny stage last month and then it wore off and now I'm getting that way again! But dh is not feeling the same since our last scan, he thinks the baby is getting to big and will know what we're up to :haha:

Babyd, I agree, maybe a nerve.

Louise, hehe, I think this is a normal part of pregnancy. At least for me. Too bad DH doesn't get turned on by pregnant women. :(

I was really horny about a month ago, but now I'm totally the other way! I don't think I could have sex if I tried with my SPD LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->